Wonderful Copenhagen 2023

8 hours ago, garden girl said:

I think that is what my travel agent told me - I will check again

I think your travel agent is wrong - from one of your other post I think Nieuw Statendam -  it will be Oceankaj terminal 3.

On 4/9/2022 at 9:22 AM, hallasm said:

You might also consider visiting Helsingør with Kronborg and the Maritime Museum.

Is Helsingor a different area than where the Viking Museum is.  We have 5 full glorious days, so looking forward to seeing all your recommendations. 

Ive looked, looked and looked some more at the reviews for the Andersen Hotel , it has raving reviews with all stating a great location; breakfast, wine hour and staff is excellent giving it an overall 5 star rating in a 4 star hotel. 

So even tho its in the "Red Light District"- I dont see any reason to give up the awesome deal we got at 10,000 Chase points per night. Am I missing anything here? 

Is it close to the metro and buses to get to canal boats, Viking Museum, Helsingor, Trivoli Gardens and any other recommendations I will find here in the forum?

Thank you all who serve this forum.  So truly helpful!

Hello, looking for some pre cruise info.   I'm a senior female traveling solo, will be fly into Copenhagen mid day on a monday and will need lodging for 2 nights.   Would appreciate info:

1 - lodging for 2 nights, must have elevator, reasonable price, safe and convenient location;

2 - most efficient transportation from airport to city center or hotel location;

Do most places take credit cards, or should I exchange some money for Krone?

Ship embarkation is at Oceankajen, and it would appear a taxi would be the best way to the pier?

Thank you for your input, I haven't been in Copenhagen for over 30 years, and just wanting to feel comfortable upon by arrival.

Carol

I have been looking at Google Earth and see there is somewhere called Kastellet, near where our ship will be docked.  From searches it appears to be a fort which is still used by the military, but there are people just walking through and looking around.  Is it somewhere that we need to pay entrance for, and if so, will it need to be booked?

We are also interested in the Freedom Museum and the Royal Palace, both of which have entrance cost/opening hours on line, (95 Krone for each of them), but again, do they need to be booked, or can we enter at any time?

Edited by tring

12 hours ago, tabster100 said:

Hello, looking for some pre cruise info.

Many options for hotels - I believe All have elevator - for inspiration many hotels discussed in this topic

Denmark is almost ‘cashless’ - use your credit card, no need for Danish Kroner - and remember that tips always included in prices - no additional tipping not required.

There is train and Metro direct from airport to city - alternative is taxi. Best option to Oceankaj cruise terminal is taxi.

Welcome back to Copenhagen.

Edited by hallasm

6 hours ago, tring said:

I have been looking at Google Earth and see there is somewhere called Kastellet, near where our ship will be docked.

Are you sure that your ship will dock at Langelinie? 
Walking from Langelinie along the harbor front is nice. Pass by the Little Mermaid and Kastellet.

Kastellet is used by the military but you can walk through the area - no entrance fee but no access to buildings.

Entrance fee for both Freedom Museum and the Royal Palace Museum - you can just walk up and purchase tickets - plan for Royal Palace at noon for the guard change. If time you might also consider Rosenberg Castle

Enjoy Copenhagen and a nice walk.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Is Helsingor a different area than where the Viking Museum is.

Helsingør is where you find Kronborg Castle and also a Maritime Museum - the Viking Ship Museum is in Roskilde - differentiere direktion.

16 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

So even tho its in the "Red Light District"- I dont see any reason to give up the awesome deal we got at 10,000 Chase points per night.

Is was just a ‘gentle warning’’ - don’t worry -  the area is safe and very close to Hovedbanegården (Central Station) with Train connections to Helsingør and Roskilde  as Well as Metro.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hallasm said:

Are you sure that your ship will dock at Langelinie? 
Walking from Langelinie along the harbor front is nice. Pass by the Little Mermaid and Kastellet.

Kastellet is used by the military but you can walk through the area - no entrance fee but no access to buildings.

Entrance fee for both Freedom Museum and the Royal Palace Museum - you can just walk up and purchase tickets - plan for Royal Palace at noon for the guard change. If time you might also consider Rosenberg Castle

Enjoy Copenhagen and a nice walk.

Looks like that is the dock (C190  https://www.cmport.com/terminals/ships-in-port/#:~:text=Status-,Enchanted Princess,Expected,-Arriving from Okänd)  We will be on Balmoral, a UK based Fred Olsen ship (about 43,500 tonne).  We had previously been booked on P&O's Aurora for a similar time, but when SPB was pulled, they saw fit to also remove Tallin, Riga and Bornholm, so we cancelled for a refund.

Will look into Rosenberg castle, though suspect a strolling a bit further on to Nyhavn is as much as we will do (we like to take things easy with some drink stops), but we may well be interested in Rosenburg if we call in again.  This is our first port, so will be happy to keep clear of shuttle buses and busy indoor areas, to prevent getting covid and being "jailed" on the ship, though we did have the bug in March, so are hoping we may still have a fair bit of immunity.

We had called into Copenhagen one December, about ten years ago on a similar sized ship Artemis, (now the German, Artania).  We must have docked in the same location as we remember walking in past the little Mermaid and we just happened to arrive at The Palace as the guard change ceremony was just starting.  It was snowy then so even the docks seemed quite pretty.  We then went on to Tivoli Gardens, which was all Christmassy and took the shuttle bus back.

Thanks for both this reply and many other posts which you add to the forums, I have learnt a lot from your knowledge 🙂

Barbara

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Is this still a valid map of the Metro stations & stops?

yes, This is the current map of stations.  In 2024, the M4 will be expanded with 5 stations towards south.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 1:52 AM, tabster100 said:

Ship embarkation is at Oceankajen, and it would appear a taxi would be the best way to the pier?

It is possible to go from airport or city centre to Oceankajen quite easily on public transport. I disembarked Voyager of the Seas at Oceankajen last month and caught the bus #25 to Nørreport and then the train to the airport. In reverse, you can catch bus #25 from Nørreport or #27 from Østerport Station. The detailed instructions are on the Copenhagen Tourism page - you need a 2-zone ticket which you can buy from the driver, at machines or just download the app to pay in advance.

https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/planning/transportation-cruise-terminals

If you have a lot of luggage, it's probably not for you. The bus has only small space for luggage and after you get off the bus, there's a 5 minute walk to the cruise terminal itself.

• Like 1

Voyager of the seas arriving august 10 in Copenhagen with a 1230 flight to US

what is reasonable time to get to airport? 
for the Covid antigen test back to US is the airport terminal 2 the way to go? I assume my flight is terminal 3 but the terminals look connected. Other options for Covid rapid test?

7 hours ago, lionheart said:

what is reasonable time to get to airport? 
for the Covid antigen test back to US is the airport terminal 2 the way to go? I assume my flight is terminal 3 but the terminals look connected. Other options for Covid rapid test?

I was able to do the trip on public transport in 45 mins on a Sunday morning so I’m sure a taxi or shuttle will be much faster if that’s what you’re planning.

The terminals are connected and is less than 5 mins walk apart with the covid testing centre in between the two terminals. On an April Sunday morning, it was the longest queue in the airport but obviously lots can change between now and August. The queues I’m sure will get shorter as testing requirements to various countries drop off.

Some guests on my trip who were flying back to the US brought tests with them and then did the test onboard using the ship’s Wi-Fi on the last day before we disembarked ad they were heading straight back to the airport.

9 hours ago, Zana711 said:

I was able to do the trip on public transport in 45 mins on a Sunday morning so I’m sure a taxi or shuttle will be much faster if that’s what you’re planning.

The terminals are connected and is less than 5 mins walk apart with the covid testing centre in between the two terminals. On an April Sunday morning, it was the longest queue in the airport but obviously lots can change between now and August. The queues I’m sure will get shorter as testing requirements to various countries drop off.

Some guests on my trip who were flying back to the US brought tests with them and then did the test onboard using the ship’s Wi-Fi on the last day before we disembarked ad they were heading straight back to the airport.

Thank you, so tests onboard via a video proctor or? Is the proctor or doctor through insurance or ?

17 hours ago, lionheart said:

A 12:30 flight is not a problem. It’s a 35 minutes drive - taxi’s available at the pier. Regarding tests- might very well change before August - ask again end of July.

31 minutes ago, hallasm said:

A 12:30 flight is not a problem. It’s a 35 minutes drive - taxi’s available at the pier. Regarding tests- might very well change before August - ask again end of July.

Ok I see we are in Aarhus day before thought that be good for test 

17 minutes ago, lionheart said:

Ok I see we are in Aarhus day before thought that be good for test 

Possible.  As testing is currently not required in Denmark, many test centers are closed - and almost exclusively PCR testing - immediately Copenhagen Airport is the only place with antigen testing - PCR test is free but requires registration at coronasmitte.dk

‘Testcenter Aarhus’ is located on Tage-Hansens Gade 2, which is 2.5 km from the harbor.

3 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Is the Roskilde Museum & the Roskilde Cathedral in the same place, or one in the same?

Roskilde Cathedral and  Roskilde Museum are in differentiere locations and not Connected at all

Do you mean the Viking Ship Museum and not Roskilde Museum.
The Cathedral and the Viking Ship Museum are the two main attractions in Roskilde and within walking distance - about 15 minutes through a park.
It is easy to take the train from Copenhagen to Roskilde - about 3 trains per hour and 35 minutes.  It is a 10-minute walk through the city from the rail station to the Cathedral

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lionheart said:

Thank you, so tests onboard via a video proctor or? Is the proctor or doctor through insurance or ?

Not sure whether you're living in the US or just flying to the US after your cruise because that's your next destination. There's plenty of proctored antigen test providers in the US that will mail out the physical test to you before your cruise so you can pack into your luggage. Since you're on the Voyager, RC have "Test at Home" kits that you can purchase specifically for flying back to the US after your cruise. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/is-there-a-telemedicine-option-for-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

You might want to wait closer to August before you decide, in case the US government scraps the requirement for a negative test before you hop onto a flight back to the US. 

13 hours ago, hallasm said:

Both of these Roskilde Cathedral and  Roskilde Museum are part of the Copenhagen card and both looked good.  The Cathedral is a must. And I will do more research on the Museum to see if we can manage that as well, since it is not in the same location.