Wonderful Copenhagen 2023

We'll be arriving by cruise ship on May 25th and want to book a 10 a.m. canal tour.  We dock at 7.  What is the best way to get to Ofelia?  Also, we'll be going to Tivoli afterwards.  Do we have to prebook tickets?  

8 minutes ago, Sandyrella said:

We'll be arriving by cruise ship on May 25th and want to book a 10 a.m. canal tour.

Where does your ship dock? Assuming Oceankaj if Princess or Cista).  ( might also be Langelinie if Seabourn)
Two options - by taxi or public transport (bus 25/164 from Oceankaj to Orientkaj and metro M4 to Kongens Nytorv) - if you have time you can take the harbor bus (public boat  991) from Orientkaj to Ofelia Plads. Same ticket for bus, metro and harbor boat.

12 minutes ago, Sandyrella said:

Do we have to prebook tickets?

For canal tour yes - for Tivoli no

Hi everyone I did some research but still don’t know what port our ship docks in. I was looking at transport to Anderson hotel. Most info says it’s only 5-6 minutes away. Can anyone advise? 

2 hours ago, cabincop said:

Hi everyone I did some research but still don’t know what port our ship docks in. I was looking at transport to Anderson hotel. Most info says it’s only 5-6 minutes away. Can anyone advise? 

"What is most info" about transport to Andersen Hotel? - most likely that the ship docks at Oceankaj - it is 20 minutes by taxi (40 minutes by public transport) - another option is Langelinie which is about 15 minutes by taxi.

If you provide the ship and date, it may be possible to find out which terminal.

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

"What is most info" about transport to Andersen Hotel? - most likely that the ship docks at Oceankaj - it is 20 minutes by taxi (40 minutes by public transport) - another option is Langelinie which is about 15 minutes by taxi.

If you provide the ship and date, it may be possible to find out which terminal.

Thank you for your help. I just googled port of Copenhagen to Anderson Hotel & that’s what came up. I’m on NCL Getaway arriving May 22 my birthday 🥳

8 hours ago, cabincop said:

This is one example of what Google search said

Port of Copenhagen can be many differentiere locations . - as by gnome12 you need to go from Oceankaj.

IMG_7296.jpeg

On 3/10/2024 at 5:30 PM, hallasm said:

Where does your ship dock? Assuming Oceankaj if Princess or Cista).  ( might also be Langelinie if Seabourn)
Two options - by taxi or public transport (bus 25/164 from Oceankaj to Orientkaj and metro M4 to Kongens Nytorv) - if you have time you can take the harbor bus (public boat  991) from Orientkaj to Ofelia Plads. Same ticket for bus, metro and harbor boat.

For canal tour yes - for Tivoli no

Thank-you for this great information!  We are on Princess and trying to figure out where exactly we are docking. The harbor bus sounds like a great idea but we'll look into all options. 

We've booked out canal cruise with Hey Captain.  Great reviews!  We are really looking forward to visiting Copenhagen 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sandyrella said:

Thank-you for this great information!  We are on Princess and trying to figure out where exactly we are docking. The harbor bus sounds like a great idea but we'll look into all options

There is a link in my post 657 above to find out where you are docking. Once you find your ship, click on the ship’s name and you will get the information that I posted that shows you where the specific dock number is. 

38 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

There is a link in my post 657 above to find out where you are docking. Once you find your ship, click on the ship’s name and you will get the information that I posted that shows you where the specific dock number is. 

Thank you I’m arriving on my bday. I’m so excited to see Copenhagen. I’ll be there for a few days. 🥳🥳

10 hours ago, Sandyrella said:

The harbor bus sounds like a great idea but we'll look into all options. 

We've booked out canal cruise with Hey Captain.

Harbour bus is public service - same trickets/price as bus and metro - if possible buy you bus/metro tickets in app.

Alternative transport is bus/Metro or taxi.
Hey Captain is a good option.

• 2 weeks later...

Planning to spend 1-2 nights in Copenhagen before boarding Serenade of the Seas in Aug.  Have done most of the tourist attractions before.  Currently I'm experiencing a pinched nerve and occasional neck discomfort so we're looking for ease of movement with luggage (two spinners and a tote each).  Looking for suggestions on where to stay.  Am thinking maybe we should stay closer to the airport and if we decide to do some light touring we can take the train into the city; then take a taxi to the cruise port?  At this point I value comfort and convenience - ease of getting to a hotel with luggage - versus the price.  Any suggestions?  Thanks much!

13 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Looking for suggestions on where to stay

There are two good hotels at the airport next to Terminal 3 - Clarion and Comfort (both Strawberry Hotels). From here there is a Metro to City every 5 minutes or a train every 10 to 20 minutes to Copenhagen central station. The alternative is a taxi to a hotel in the city.

Posted (edited)

@hallasm thank you for all your help I’m so excited to visit. It seems your weather will be (0s maybe 60s mid May. Do you have a great coffee shop to stop at? Thank you, MariaBella 

Edited by cabincop

7 hours ago, cabincop said:

It seems your weather will be (0s maybe 60s mid May.

Hope for 70s

7 hours ago, cabincop said:

Do you have a great coffee shop to stop at?

Unfortunately, my favorite coffee bar is not in Copenhagen.

I can recommend the 'Original Coffee' bar, there are several in Copenhagen - eg:

Illum Rooftop, ØSTERGADE 52 ;

Store Kongensgade ST. KONGENSGADE 124;

Bredgade, BREDGADE 36,

Orientkaj, ALEXANDRIAGADE 8;

• Like 1

Good Afternoon 

We will have an overnight in Copenhagen June 3, during our Celebrity cruise

we are 8 adults and a 2 year old

I was,thinking of Tivoli the first day ,but not sure about the 2nd day

we will be in port until 7 PM on day 2

We are all good walkers,and love the outdoors 

thanks in advance 

Nancy 

26 minutes ago, Nancycat said:

We are all good walkers,and love the outdoors 

Copenhagen is a fine DIY city - the sights are gathered within a relatively walkable area. Here is some inspiration beyond Tivoli.
I would suggest a trip with the canal boat, change of the guard at 12 at Amalienborg (royal castle), Nyhavn with an ice cream in Rajissimo, a visit to Runde Tårn, and Rosenborg Castle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear about the fire at the Borsen. We had hoped to see this historic structure and the spire on our visit to Copenhagen next month.  I hope the damage is not so extensive that restoration can take place. I wonder if the spire can be reconstructed or if this is a loss to the country. 

1 hour ago, Funsun60 said:

So sorry to hear about the fire at the Borsen. We had hoped to see this historic structure and the spire on our visit to Copenhagen next month.  I hope the damage is not so extensive that restoration can take place. I wonder if the spire can be reconstructed or if this is a loss to the country. 

Yes, it's a big loss for Copenhagen and Denmark  - the building turns 400 years old here in 2024.
Right now the mood is for a rebuild including the dragon spire, but it's too early to say if that will happen.