Wonderful Copenhagen 2023

16 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

That said how long is the ride to CPH airport on a Saturday morning, what is the taxi fare and how early to arrive for an 11:45 am flight to Stockholm.

Assuming from Oceankaj terminal - it takes 30 minutes - price DKK 420 to 500.

Be at the airport two hours before departure - check for waiting time at security as well as possible cancellations/delays at cph.dk

- at present there are capacity problems at Naviair, the company responsible for air traffic management at Copenhagen Airport, resulting in the risk of delays and cancellations.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Assuming from Oceankaj terminal - it takes 30 minutes - price DKK 420 to 500.

Be at the airport two hours before departure - check for waiting time at security as well as possible cancellations/delays at cph.dk

- at present there are capacity problems at Naviair, the company responsible for air traffic management at Copenhagen Airport, resulting in the risk of delays and cancellations.

we will be departing from villa Copenhagen hotel.  

As usual hallasm knows what he is talking about. I would only add that if you enjoy shopping ( or looking) CPH is great!  Pick up some last minute wienerbrod, porcelain, silver etc. By Danish law the prices have to be the same as in town, no gouging. (At least this was true a couple years ago when I last was there.) They seem to have everything!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Travels with Lisa said:

We will be disembarking in Copenhagen.  Would you recommend a taxi, private shuttle or Uber to our hotel?

TIA

Uber does not operate in Denmark.  Depending on the hotel location at taxi is probably more affordable as most of the rides aren’t far.  You could price a private car but if figure it wasn’t worth if for a 15 min minute ride for us.

On 5/17/2023 at 5:58 PM, Travels with Lisa said:

We will be disembarking in Copenhagen.  Would you recommend a taxi, private shuttle or Uber to our hotel?

TIA

Will be embarking and disembarking at Copenhagen in July, from California.

Based on the research I did, there is a Uber-like service Viggo in Copenhagen.  You need to download its app first.   This is the transportation option I would like to use to/from the cruise terminal. 

1 hour ago, JollyFish said:

Based on the research I did, there is a Uber-like service Viggo in Copenhagen.

Do not totally agree.

Viggo is a taxi service in line with other taxis in Copenhagen.
Viggo taxis differ by being 100% electric, which means they do not emit harmful emissions while driving.
Viggo operates with a fixed price structure based on time and distance. The price is calculated in advance in their App so you know the price in advance. 
Other taxi companies also have apps and fixed prices. An example is dantaxi - they have an App and also a fixed price
Viggo taxis can only be ordered via their mobile app only. Traditional taxis can be ordered by phone or caught on the street.
Payment for Viggo tours takes place exclusively via the associated app and requires an account to be created and a credit card linked. Regular taxis also accept cash and credit cards in the car.
The price level for Viggo taxies is the same as for other taxis. Can be a bit less but can also be more.
Use of app requires you to have a mobile phone - probably data roaming is also necessary.

Edited by hallasm

58 minutes ago, TinyDavid said:

I cannot find any reviews anywhere have you any opinion, experience or alternatives regarding this option 

You’re welcome.  Yes, this is a reputable taxi company. Remember that all prices in Denmark include tips - only if the driver makes an extra effort, you can give a small amount as an appreciation.

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2023 at 11:53 AM, Danish viking said:

Bus 25 (the one that only runs when the cruise ships are in port) only runs between Orientkaj metro station and Oceankaj. 

Before it did run all the way to Nørreport in the downtown area.

But fear not, M4 will stop at all the major sites.

164 is not thst useful either as it does a detour round Copenhagen after exiting the port area.

The only stations that it stops at besides Orientkaj is Hellerup, Vangede and Ballerup. (So not that useful)

The bus stop is located on Sundkrogsgade next to Østre Landsret and Comwell Copenhagen Portside Dolce by Wyndham (what a name 🙂

So 2 buildings are seperating the metro station and the bus stop. 

164 runs every 20th minute or so and 25 every 10th minute. 

Is this bus stop difficult to find? Years ago (2016) I had followed your instructions to find Bus 25 from Norreport (along with pictures) and it was so helpful! It was not a easy stop to find, but thanks to your photos and directions we were able to find it. When I went back in 2018 I knew what to look for. 

Looking forward to coming back this summer and so good to know that we will have to get to Orientkaj to take the bus. Is this bus in the direction we need to get to Oceankaj difficult to locate? 

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, Twilightstar18 said:

Is this bus stop difficult to find?

Bus 25 shuttles between Orientkaj Metro and Oceankaj - stops at Lavantkaj Parking - close to Copenhagen International School. Same tickets as metro.
Alternative to bus 25 is bus 164 - stop at Comwell Copenhagen Portside.

IMG_4093.jpeg

Edited by hallasm

Will be sailing out of Copenhagen on the Holland America  Nieuw Statendam on June 18, 2023.  We will be arriving 1 days prior.  Staying at the Skt Annae  would you recommend a Taxi from the airport or take the train and walk to the Skt Annae?

Then the following day what would be the best way to get from Skt Annae to  Oceankaj for cruise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thia9233 said:

Staying at the Skt Annae  would you recommend a Taxi from the airport or take the train and walk to the Skt Annae?

Hotel is 10 minutes walk (half mile) from Kongens Nytorv Metro - direct Metro from airport to Kongens Nytorv.

When possible I always take a train - taxi is also an option.

Going from Hotel to Oceankaj terminals requires the metro from Kongens Nytorv to Orientkaj and then bus 25 to the terminal. 

20 hours ago, hallasm said:

Bus 25 shuttles between Orientkaj Metro and Oceankaj - stops at Lavantkaj Parking - close to Copenhagen International School. Same tickets as metro.
Alternative to bus 25 is bus 164 - stop at Comwell Copenhagen Portside.

Thank you!! Good to know that 25 and 164 are at separate stops. Sounds like 25 should be running in August so it might be easier to go to that stop. 

34 minutes ago, Twilightstar18 said:

Good to know that 25 and 164 are at separate stops. Sounds like 25 should be running in August so it might be easier to go to that stop

Yes, two different places. Bus 164 stop in Sundkrogsgade and 25 stop in Stubbeløbgade (Lavantkaj).
Bus 25 runs every day in August when there are cruise ships at Oceankaj - approximately every 10 to 20 minutes from 8 am and until one hour before the last ship sails.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hallasm said:

Hotel is 10 minutes walk (half mile) from Kongens Nytorv Metro - direct Metro from airport to Kongens Nytorv.

When possible I always take a train - taxi is also an option.

Going from Hotel to Oceankaj terminals requires the metro from Kongens Nytorv to Orientkaj and then bus 25 to the terminal. 

Thank you

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

What time is the first shuttle for Holland America from the Airport to the ship ? and where do they meet you ?

I have no specific knowledge of HAL service, but I have often seen representatives from cruise lines standing at the entrance to baggage claim at the airport.
For specific HAL questions you can post in the Roll Call for your specific cruise or in the HAL Forum - you can also contact HAL directly.

On 4/26/2023 at 10:53 AM, Danish viking said:

Bus 25 (the one that only runs when the cruise ships are in port) only runs between Orientkaj metro station and Oceankaj. 

Before it did run all the way to Nørreport in the downtown area.

But fear not, M4 will stop at all the major sites.

164 is not thst useful either as it does a detour round Copenhagen after exiting the port area.

The only stations that it stops at besides Orientkaj is Hellerup, Vangede and Ballerup. (So not that useful)

The bus stop is located on Sundkrogsgade next to Østre Landsret and Comwell Copenhagen Portside Dolce by Wyndham (what a name 🙂

So 2 buildings are seperating the metro station and the bus stop. 

164 runs every 20th minute or so and 25 every 10th minute. 

If I am arriving at the airport and wish to take the metro all the way to the port, is it best to stop in the airport and ask a person about purchasing tickets rather than using the kiosk?  I know we take metro M2 and change to M4 at Kongens Nyrotv.  I was told there was a free cruise bus to Oceankaj from Orientkaj,   If not, I want to purchase bus ticket same time as I buy metro ticket.  Any suggestions??  Thanks  Bonnie

I would like to buy the metro ticket as well as the bus from Orientkaj to Oceankaj. 

34 minutes ago, Bonnie Renee said:

If I am arriving at the airport and wish to take the metro all the way to the port, is it best to stop in the airport and ask a person about purchasing tickets rather than using the kiosk?  I know we take metro M2 and change to M4 at Kongens Nyrotv.  I was told there was a free cruise bus to Oceankaj from Orientkaj,   If not, I want to purchase bus ticket same time as I buy metro ticket.  Any suggestions??  Thanks  Bonnie

There is no free shuttle bus. However, this does not make any difference in price. You must buy a 3-zone ticket for DKK 30 - it applies both to metro and bus - only one ticket. There are two buses from Orientkaj metro to Oceankaj terminals -  25 and 164 - the simplest is to take bus 25 - stop closest to the metro station.

I believe you can purchase tickets at a ticket counter in addition to ticket vending machine.

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

There is no free shuttle bus. However, this does not make any difference in price. You must buy a 3-zone ticket for DKK 30 - it applies both to metro and bus - only one ticket. There are two buses from Orientkaj metro to Oceankaj terminals -  25 and 164 - the simplest is to take bus 25 - stop closest to the metro station.

I believe you can purchase tickets at a ticket counter in addition to ticket vending machine.

Thank you for your help. This makes perfect sense. I’ll probably but at a ticket counter so I am sure I don’t mess it up!