Wonderful Copenhagen 2023

6 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Leverpostej (liver pâté) - The definition of the best 'leverpostej' is widely discussed here in Denmark - 'leverpostej' comes in several varieties.

Most smørrebrød (open sandwich) restaurants have 'leverpostej' on the menu. -

Here are a few examples out of many:

Slotskælderen hos Gitte Kik, Fortunstræde 4
Aamanns Deli, Øster Farimagsgade 10
Restaurant Schønnemann, Hauser Plads 16
Restaurant Kronborg, Brolæggerstræde 12

I plan to have some when there for 4 days after Viking Cruise in  June 2023 thank you for suggestions. 

Edited by Azulann
  • Thanks 1

Best Phone Service Provider in Copenhagen?  

I will pick up a SIM card when I get into Copenhagen.  Feel like the phone service reps will be able to get everything up and running much faster than we will if we were to get an e-sim card. 

Any recommendations on who has the better service coverage for the area/region? 

3 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Best Phone Service Provider in Copenhagen? 

I don't have experience myself in getting employees in a store to change SIM cards, below places where you can buy SIM cards - the top three are telecommunications companies' stores - here is probably the best chance - there are several options in Copenhagen - state your  hotel, then I can find the closest ones.

YouSee, Frederiksborggade 5

3Butikken, Frederiksborggade 1

Telia, Købmagergade 57

MyTrendyPhone, Fiolstræde 17C,

Elgiganten, Østergade 47

Power,  Ved Vesterport 4,

Copenhagen Free Electric Shuttle Bus Update.

After reading about this new service and not being able to find any more detail I emailed the port and received an email back confirming that the shuttle bus is only operational on turn around days and not for cruise ship visits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tilly20 said:

Copenhagen Free Electric Shuttle Bus Update.

After reading about this new service and not being able to find any more detail I emailed the port and received an email back confirming that the shuttle bus is only operational on turn around days and not for cruise ship visits.

Thanks!!!

Hope we can find.. will it be clearly marked and near the Orientkaj metro station. Thanks again.

1 hour ago, greatestvalue said:

Havent seen this question in the forum here.  I know Uber & Lyft arent available in Copenhagen. 

But is DoorDash, or other companies like them which provides a service used to deliver food, etc from sit down and take out restaurants?

I believe you are mistaken, there is no Ride sharing in Denmark

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I believe you are mistaken, there is no Ride sharing in Denmark

Correct, that is what I shared.  I know Uber & Lyft arent available in Copenhagen.  You may have read it to fast, which I do all the time 🙂

Edited by greatestvalue
more info
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Havent seen this question in the forum here.  I know Uber & Lyft arent available in Copenhagen. 

But is DoorDash, or other companies like them which provides a service used to deliver food, etc from sit down and take out restaurants?

Yes, you can have food delivered in Copenhagen.

I don't quite understand the question of linking 'Uber/Lyft' and 'DoorDash' in relation to presence in Denmark.

'DoorDash' has just acquired an existing company 'Wolt' and is about to establish itself in Denmark. Still operating under the name 'Wolt'.

Uber operated in Copenhagen for a few years but would/could not comply with Danish legislation regarding taxi transport. Hence, Uber does not operate in Copenhagen today.

Edited by hallasm

3 hours ago, hallasm said:

I don't quite understand the question of linking 'Uber/Lyft' and 'DoorDash' in relation to presence in Denmark.

I consider them the "ride share & food delivery services" the same type of company.  So wondered if they were operated under the same type of rules.  That's was the only reason for the connection.  Sorry for the confusion. 

• Thanks 1

In many countries, to survive the covid caused change in scenario (less taxi demand but increase food service delivery demand), many ride share companies (Uber, ola, bolt) have branched into and have grown in latter business.

So in many minds, these unrelated businesses are connected.

Slightly unrelated point:

When tourists are looking for Uber/Bolt instead of taxi, they are not necessarily hung up on unregulated cheaper alternative.  They want a reliable and convenient alternative to being scammed by local taxi drivers. 

Dantaxi is a workable alternative to Uber to some extent.   But not being able to send initial "veryfying" text to US phone number or not being able to load US credit card as an acceptable form of payments are unfortunate obstacles.   

• Like 1

To all the local guides on this forum, we cant thank you enough for all of the incredible information on Wonderful Copenhagen!! 

To pay if forward, as my husband and I are putting the finishing touches on us heading out, my husband and I would like to ask: 

Is there anything any of you would want/need from the states that we can bring with us?

We aren't checking bags and doing carry on only, so that would be a consideration however if there is anything smallish that we can legally carry into the country and you would like us to bring you, please let us know. 

2nd:  We owe you all a drink.  Albeit a soda, beer, wine or whatever.  If anyone would like to connect and will be in Copenhagen between Aug 22-Aug 27 please let us know, so we can buy you that well deserved drink. 

I know our Copenhagen visit would not be what it is going to be without all of your time, energy, repetitiveness of the same questions over and over and your resourcefulness. 

Thank you all so much!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

To all the local guides on this forum, we cant thank you enough for all of the incredible information on Wonderful Copenhagen!! 

To pay if forward, as my husband and I are putting the finishing touches on us heading out, my husband and I would like to ask: 

Is there anything any of you would want/need from the states that we can bring with us?

We aren't checking bags and doing carry on only, so that would be a consideration however if there is anything smallish that we can legally carry into the country and you would like us to bring you, please let us know. 

2nd:  We owe you all a drink.  Albeit a soda, beer, wine or whatever.  If anyone would like to connect and will be in Copenhagen between Aug 22-Aug 27 please let us know, so we can buy you that well deserved drink. 

I know our Copenhagen visit would not be what it is going to be without all of your time, energy, repetitiveness of the same questions over and over and your resourcefulness. 

Thank you all so much!

Well said...bravo!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Thank you for your words.
I'm just trying to repay the help and inspiration I've received over the past 15 years at CC when I was going on a cruise.  
However, it might be interesting to meet for a drink and discuss cruises in the past and in the future.  My most recent cruise was TA from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona March 2020 arriving in Barcelona the day Corona closed Europe (by the way in California for 3 weeks before the cruise) - next a river cruise on the Rhine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 7:03 AM, hal2008 said:

Dantaxi is a workable alternative to Uber to some extent.   But not being able to send initial "veryfying" text to US phone number or not being able to load US credit card as an acceptable form of payments are unfortunate obstacles.   

I’m not an expert in US phone numbers or US credit card - but it is my understanding that you can configure the DanTaxi app with any foreign number - recommend using the app - and all major credit cards with chip and four digit pin are accepted. But alway make sure that credit cards are accepted before starting the tour. If using app you can add you credit card to the app and pay using the app.

Edited by hallasm

9 hours ago, hallasm said:

it might be interesting to meet for a drink

That would be fabulous. Very nice a cruise on the Rhine - how incredible. 

We have never done a TA but are booked for 1 next year, staring in Amsterdam (was supposed to be from Copenhagen, but RCL swapped ships and cruises offered). 

How do I get you a phone number and/or email (as I should be able to get text messages per TMobile while we are in Copenhagen) thru Cruise Critic?  I dont think we can private message here to exchange info.  

Any ideas on how to exchange without making it all public so we can make plans?  

10 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Any ideas on how to exchange without making it all public so we can make plans?

Do not know why private message is not available a CC - anyway, I have added my email to my signature - please send an email once you read this message - then I’ll delete my email again

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Do not know why private message is not available a CC - anyway, I have added my email to my signature - please send an email once you read this message - then I’ll delete my email again

I have had my email in my signature for years , and probably only gotten  one spam email 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 11:57 AM, hallasm said:

I’m not an expert in US phone numbers or US credit card - but it is my understanding that you can configure the DanTaxi app with any foreign number - recommend using the app - and all major credit cards with chip and four digit pin are accepted. But alway make sure that credit cards are accepted before starting the tour. If using app you can add you credit card to the app and pay using the app.

Thanks 

For some reason, "verifying" text to different US numbers that we tried never worked 

Also, for some strange reason, most USA credit cards use CVM if chip and signature and rarely you will find one that has CVM if chip and pin.

This looks like the go to thread for Copenhagen.

which port do the ships arrive at I saw a link from 2019 but that was no good anymore.  We arrive on the silver dawn June 14, 23.   We are staying at the villa Copenhagen.

I see there isn’t Uber so are the taxis fair in their fares(Pardon the pun)?  Do they take credit cards?  About how much.  Same for going from hotel to airport.  I suspect we will have too much luggage to haul on the train/bus. same for going to airport .

To get around to the sights it seems walking is fairly easy and not too far from hotel to kastell and Amalienborg.

Any can’t miss lunch spots in that area?  Food specialities ?

I saw some canal cruise tours has anyone done them and are they worth doing?

Has anyone been to Roskilde.  We were thinking of hoping on the train to go see the museum (supposedly lots of Viking stuff) and the Viking ship museum.

how is the English there, I speak a

fair amount of German but not Dansk.

finally how is the airport as far as flying out.  Security queues and all .

thanks for any insight looking forward to the trip.

30 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

which port do the ships arrive at

Oceankaj

I see there isn’t Uber so are the taxis fair in their fares(Pardon the pun)?  Do they take credit cards?  About how much.  Same for going from hotel to airport.

Hotel is close to Central Station, however with luggage I'll also prefer taxi (correct Uber not available). Taxi accept credit card or Apple Pay - check before start (either contactless or Chip/pin)

Taxi price dos wary by weekday, weekend, public holiday or evening. Prices  include tips

From  Oceankaj DKK 300 to 350

To airport DKK 250 to 300

To get around to the sights it seems walking is fairly easy and not too far from hotel to kastell and Amalienborg

Easy walking from your hotel 30 minutes walk through city to Amalienborg

31 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

Any can’t miss lunch spots in that area?  Food specialities ?

An option is Tivoli Food Hall (next to Tivoli garden - no admittance fee) - many other options - also try Torvehallerne

I saw some canal cruise tours has anyone done them and are they worth doing?

Either Netto Bådene (Netto Boats) or Stromma - exact same itinerary and length - Netto Bådene   is not as expensive as Stromma - I'm always using Netto Bådene. Maybe also consider Harbor Busses (public transportation)

47 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

Has anyone been to Roskilde.  We were thinking of hoping on the train to go see the museum (supposedly lots of Viking stuff) and the Viking ship museum.

Easy to take the train from Central Station to Roskilde - main attractions are the Viking Ship Museum and the Cathedral - walking distance from the station-

how is the English there, I speak a fair amount of German but not Dansk.

Almost everyone speak English, very few German - even many who do not speak Danish

finally how is the airport as far as flying out.  Security queues and all

This year a mess - security has been understaffed - hope it will be better next year - however check status at cph.dk and plan accordingly.

In general a lot of information in this topic - and also other topics in this forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2