Wonderful Copenhagen 2023

59 minutes ago, jas283a said:

that the shuttle goes until only 1 PM.

Thank you for the update.

So far I have not been able to get detailed  facts on schedule and stops - I’ll see if I can get a response from CMP port.

Your right - walking distance is close to two miles (3 km).

6 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Thank you for the update.

So far I have not been able to get detailed  facts on schedule and stops - I’ll see if I can get a response from CMP port.

Your right - walking distance is close to two miles (3 km).

This is what I got from CMP. Sorry, I should have posted reply. Not very informative but reckons it leaves from Haifagade

CMP’s shuttlebus drives between Orientkaj Metro station and the cruise terminals at Oceankaj, and has no stops in-between.

The Metro station is located right next to Comwell Copenhagen Portside Hotel, and there is a sign that says “cruise terminal”—so it’s only a couple meters from your hotel, and should be easy to locate.

image.thumb.png.b78d38801dd7586bceebfcad7b32aade.png

I hope this answers your question, and we look forward to seeing you in Copenhagen in September.

Edited by bigeck
  • Like 2

Hallasm and Bigeck...thank you both for all of your detailed and helpful  information.

My wife said the 2-mile walk from the metro to the cruise terminal is no longer an option...2 miles is too far with luggages.

We'll walk to the Comwell Copenhagen Portside hotel or Copenhagen International School and take the shuttle before 1pm.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2022 at 7:47 AM, hallasm said:

Sorry - it’s not called city card but a City Pass - more details.

A City Pass allows you to travel unlimited within a specified zone area for 24, 48, 72, 96 or 120 hours.

You can buy City Pass at the ticket vending machine on all stations as well as at Copenhagen Airport, or you can buy your City Pass with the “DOT Tickets” app.

If I buy the city pass on the app, does it activate at first scan or at time of purchase?  I am hoping at first scan as I’d like to buy it before I leave home.

4 hours ago, Baseball fan said:

If I buy the city pass on the app, does it activate at first scan or at time of purchase?  I am hoping at first scan as I’d like to buy it before I leave home.

I understand that you want to buy a City Pass before you leave home, but since the Pass is not scanned but only shown to the bus driver or at checks, in trains, there is no first scan.

Validity of the City Pass is from purchase.

You must ensure that you have a data roaming plan in Denmark for your phone. Install and prepare the DOT App - in-app purchases are easy.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, hallasm said:

I understand that you want to buy a City Pass before you leave home, but since the Pass is not scanned but only shown to the bus driver or at checks, in trains, there is no first scan.

Validity of the City Pass is from purchase.

You must ensure that you have a data roaming plan in Denmark for your phone. Install and prepare the DOT App - in-app purchases are easy.

Thank you for confirming this.  I did load the app so it should be easy once I arrive.

2 hours ago, Baseball fan said:

Thank you for confirming this.  I did load the app so it should be easy once I arrive.

Dont know if Oceankaj cruise terminal has ticket vending machine or gift shop that can sell you city pass but airport, train, etc. you can get city pass paper ticket very easily and those tickets are lot more convenient then fiddling with phone.

• Like 1

I know I have seen this a million times on "how to" find out where the ship will be docked and what terminal we need to go to in order to get on our ship, but for the life of me I cant seem to enter the right words in google to find the site. 

Where do I find out what terminal my ship will be at for the Voyager of the Seas on August 28th? - TIA 

I think I have nailed down what to do/see/how to get around in Copenhagen for the 7 days before our cruise.  And I am sooooo excited to visit your beautiful city/country. 

I have a list of places to eat as well.  Like the Bowl Market Copenhagen; Torvehallerne Hall, Illum for a coffee, Tivolli Food Hall to try the eclairs and/or macaroons from the Le Petit Paris Spunk Bar, another restaurant next to the Andersen Hotel, Sankt Peders Bageri cinnamon buns on Wednesday. Bertels Salon (mixed reveiws on this one) 

Our hotel offers what has been reviewed as an incredible breakfast.  As well as, a wine hour.  

But where are we missing that is a locals favorite?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hal2008 said:

Dont know if Oceankaj cruise terminal has ticket vending machine

At Oceankaj tickets must be purchased by cash in the bus - no vending machines. Possible to take the free Shuttle bus to Orientkaj Metro where vending machines for purchase of tickets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Where do I find out what terminal my ship will be at for the Voyager of the Seas on August 28th? -

At  CMPort web. Voyager of the Seas is arriving on August 28th from Visby To quay c332 - this is Oceankaj terminal 2.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

But where are we missing that is a locals favorite?

You already have an impressive list - here are suggestions for coffee shops. 

Democratic Coffee, Krystalgade 15

Prolog Coffee,  Høkerboderne 16 

Coffee Collective, Sankt Hans Torv

Andersen & Maillard, Nørrebrogade or Göteberg Plads 

Don't forget to visit a hot dog stand - it's on most squares in Copenhagen.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

I was wondering about the hot dog stand.  Are they beef hot dogs, or bratwurst, or more like a sausage.  Your favorite place? 

Choose one of the traditional hotdog stands on one of the many squares and squares.

Most have the same selection of hot dogs including beef and chicken, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, hamburger and other combinations of sausage, toppings and bread.

Chose a traditional A hot dog with mustard, ketchup, rémoulade, fried onions, fresh onions and pickles 

I don't have a favorite.  

5808D8B8-A8C2-4F1D-AFDB-601379986E65.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Which is easier / better taking the train or metro as we staying at Wake Up on Bernstorffsgade ?

To Cruise terminal, airport or ?

To Cruise terminal two options: Metro from Central Station (København H) to Orientkaj and bus to Cruise terminal or S-Train from Central Station (København H) to Østerport and bus 25 to the terminal - doesn’t really matter - almost same time.

To Airport regional train from Central Station (København H).

• Like 1

Just now, hallasm said:

To Cruise terminal, airport or ?

To Cruise terminal two options: Metro from Central Station (København H) to Orientkaj and bus to Cruise terminal or S-Train from Central Station (København H) to Østerport and bus 25 to the terminal - doesn’t really matter - almost same time.

To Airport regional train from Central Station (København H).

Sorry , old age kicking in 😁

airport to  KobenhavnH 

Kobenhaven H to Orientakj 

Thank you 

14 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

airport to  KobenhavnH 

Kobenhaven H to Orientakj 

From Airport the regional train to Copenhagen Central - departure terminal 3 at level -1.

To the cruise terminal I’ll take the M4 metro / bus 164 or free shuttle.

Airport to Central is DKK 36 and DKK 24 from Central to Cruise terminal. Consider ‘City Pass’ if you plan to use public transport while in Copenhagen

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

this is the new free shuttle bus, that we can pick up across from the Orientkaj and the International School correct? It runs only up until 1 pm. 

I’m not sure about the schedule. Anyway, you can take 164/25 - street next to Comwell Hotel. When taking the metro to Orientkaj you have already the tickets for the bus.