Wonderful Copenhagen 2023

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

Probably the public buses 25 or 164 are a better choice -

Forgot all about the regular buses. We didn't see any buses with #'s in the area. There were some that had locations of where they were going. None we had seen while here for the week. Is the bus stop a walk from the pier or should we have seen some type of pick up right there? 

39 minutes ago, greatestvalue said:

Is the bus stop a walk from the pier or should we have seen some type of pick up right there? 

Public busstop is at Oceanvej  close to Oceankaj terminal 1 - in front of the UNICEF storage.

While bus 164 has a fixed schedule bus 25  do not has a fixed Schedule - It operates approximately every 15-30 minuts between 8an to 4pm on days with cruise ships. 

C8DA7885-BFAE-4E75-985F-399401C4D7A5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Just had an excellent overnight visit to Copenhagen on the Enchanted Princess. What a great city and really thankful that a change to our itinerary resulted in an overnight stay here. Thanks to the experts for some excellent tips on here, we ended up walking to the metro at Orientkaj both days and found this as described an easy 25 minutes walk. On our arrival the first time at the metro we just missed a train and had to wait all of 4 minutes for the next one. The only slight issue like on all metros was trying to work out what exits to use but as the one line goes to so many of the main tourist sites we used the M4 line multiple times

On what is a very personal choice Rosenborg Castle, Nyhavn and Tivoli to be our top 3 sights and used the Copenhagen card for transport and attractions. We were there on an August Monday then Tuesday and all 3 were crowded enough for excellent atmospheres but in no way overwhelmed. Tivoli to us was exceptional and if it was in our city both we and no doubt our children would never be out of it! Definitely a city to return to and thanks again to all those who helped plan our trip on here

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 9:21 AM, lohr500 said:

I can't seem to find the information on the Copenhagen ports website. Fred Olsen Bolette, arriving and departing on the 25th September.

Now listed at CM Port web - Bolette will dock  at Langelinie. Easy walk along the waterfront to city.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hallasm said:

Now listed at CM Port web - Bolette will dock  at Langelinie. Easy walk along the waterfront to city.

Thanks for the update. We will definitely walk to the city. It will be good to get some exercise after too much cruise food!!! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, we will be docking on 21st December at Oceankaj (P-O Arcadia). It is my understanding that the free shuttle bus doesn't operate at this time of year - is that correct?

We will have no Danish currency on us, just a credit card - is it possible to pay for public transport this way? We just want to see some of the Copenhagen Christmas markets. 

Failing that, are there usually taxis waiting for fares at the quay?

Thanks 

I have no information about the free shuttle bus from Oceankaj to Orientkaj outside the normal cruise season.
Bus 164 departs every 20 minutes from the stop close to terminal 1 towards Orientkaj Metro Station - metro line M4 to the centre. (Timetable for Bus 164)
There is a kiosk opposite terminal 1 but I doubt it is open.

The only option besides Danish kroner in cash is the DOT Ticket app if you have data roaming on your phone in Denmark.
Price is DKK 24 (2 zones) for a single ticket - ticket applies to both bus and metro.

DOT Ticket App

Enjoy the Christmas markets in Copenhagen. Free Christmas markets at ‘Kongens Nytorv’, ‘Højbro Plads’ and at ‘Nytorv’ (H.C.Andersen Christmas Market).

And then of course in Tivoli - Entrance fee: DKK 145

Edited by hallasm

Thanks for the information hallasm. I'll have to take a look at the app. I do have data so that is straightforward enough.

Do I need to print a ticket from the app or can I just show an electronic version?

Also, can I buy 3 tickets on the same phone or would each of us have to buy a ticket on separate phones?

Finally, would taxis be an option? Are there likely to be some waiting or how long would it take to get one there if I phoned to get one? 

Thanks again for the information already provided 

17 minutes ago, Burgmeister said:

Do I need to print a ticket from the app or can I just show an electronic version?

Also, can I buy 3 tickets on the same phone or would each of us have to buy a ticket on separate phones?

You can purchase three tickets in the app and just show your phone when entering the bus. At the metro you just need to show if asked if inspection 
Install the app and prepare for purchase.  See picture.

17 minutes ago, Burgmeister said:

Finally, would taxis be an option? Are there likely to be some waiting or how long would it take to get one there if I phoned to get one? 

There might be taxis available - alternatively call - also here you can use an app.

AB3EADAA-CC39-4E54-B9AA-03DFFE15F7D7.png

• 2 weeks later...

Will be sailing out of Copenhagen on the Holland America Nieuw Statendam on July 2, 2023.  We will be arriving 2 days prior.  Looking to stay at the Marriott but is that still within walking distance to the attractions?  There are 4 of us, would you recommend a Taxi from the airport or would it be worth it to take the train and walk to the Marriott?  

5 hours ago, djvand said:

Looking to stay at the Marriott but is that still within walking distance to the attractions? 

The Copenhagen Marriott is located by the harbor a little outside the city centre.
It is absolutely possible to take the train and walk from Hovedbanegården (Copenhagen Central) - 10 minutes walk - 650m (0.4 miles).
It’s a 10 to 30 minutes walk to most attractions - for example 25 minutes along the harbor promenade to Nyhavn - 2 km (1.2 miles).

5 hours ago, djvand said:

Will be sailing out of Copenhagen on the Holland America Nieuw Statendam on July 2, 2023.  We will be arriving 2 days prior.  Looking to stay at the Marriott but is that still within walking distance to the attractions?  There are 4 of us, would you recommend a Taxi from the airport or would it be worth it to take the train and walk to the Marriott?  

We're departing on 12 July on the NS, do you know which dock she will be docked at?? Is it the one near the Little Mermaid or the other one? 

23 minutes ago, ski ww said:

We're departing on 12 July on the NS, do you know which dock she will be docked at??

All cruise turnarounds are from Oceankaj.

July 12  Nieuw Statendam will be at quay c333 (terminal 3) - July 2 it will is at terminal 1.

Arriving on Celebrity Silhouette on June 8th 2023. This will be our first time in Copenhagen. 
What do you recommend and is it possible to walk there from the cruise terminal Oceankaj C333 or get a taxi? 
Would prefer to see the sights by ourselves rather than a cruise excursion.

Thank you

40 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

What do you recommend and is it possible to walk there from the cruise terminal Oceankaj C333 or get a taxi? 

walking is not an option - either a taxi (available at terminal) or public transport. 

Topic is frequently discussed in this topic or other topics in this forum.

Edited by hallasm

25 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Think we will probably get a taxi. 
Would like to do a canal ride to see the city. 

An option is to take a taxi to Orientkaj Metro station and the Metro to ‘Kongens Nytorv’.

There might also be a free shuttle bus from cruise terminal to Orientkaj- at the metro station you can pay with credit card in the ticket vending machines - but there might be a queue. The DOT ticket app is a better solution if you have  free data roaming.

Canal tour is an excellent way to explore the city - also visit the Royal Palace (Amalienborg), Nyhavn and Rosenberg Slot.

Haven’t posted anything here for a few years since the pandemic started. Hope I am doing it correctly. 🤞

Four of us will be arriving at CPH on July 1st, 2023.  We plan to stay at ProfilHotel right next to the central station.  We will be boarding MSC Euribia the next day, and returning on July 9th and go to CPH.   A few questions:

Which cruise terminal will the embarkation and disembarkation be at?  Is there a web page/link I can check for these as the sailing days get closer?

Will bus #25 be going to oceankaj around the time of the subject sailing?  How about the free shuttle bus?

What is a sensible way to go from CPH to the central station, with a one-day pass to ride the train, or Viggo electrical car for 4 with luggages?

TIA. 

Found the cruise terminal on both July 2nd and 9th for MSC Euribia at cmport.com. It will be Oceankaj C333 (Terminal #3). Sorry about the noise.

I guess the free shuttle from the Orientkaj metro station would be the best option to reach Terminal #3 for embarkation. 

What would be the taxi fare from Oceankaj to CPH, ballpark figure, please ?

6 hours ago, JollyFish said:

I guess the free shuttle from the Orientkaj metro station would be the best option to reach Terminal #3 for embarkation. 

There is no information yet on the free shuttle bus for 2023 - but for terminal 3 it will be a better option from the Orientkaj metro than public buses 25 or 164, which stop at terminal 1.
A single day tricket will be the best option for public transport (DKK 24) - purchase at ticket vending machine or the DOT App.

6 hours ago, JollyFish said:

What would be the taxi fare from Oceankaj to CPH, ballpark figure, please ?

A taxi from the city to Oceankaj is approx.  DKK 250 - depends on day of the week and time - use Viggo App - https://www.viggo.com.  Remember that prices in Denmark include tips.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to hallasm for your prompt response. One more question if I may. 

If I get the DOT Billetter app on my iPhone, may I buy a Copenhagen 24-hour pass good for airport to city and inner city (up to Oceankaj) transportation for multiple persons if we always move together?

TIA. 

P.S.  I embarked/disembarked and spent a few days pre-cruise in Copenhagen several years ago for a Baltic cruise, so I have a good orientation about the city and feel comfortable in using public transportation there.