Bringing on wine at ports

PSU

Does Regent allow you to bring on bottles of wine at different ports? We will be visiting wineries in New Zealand and we would be interested in bringing wine back on board. Is there a limit of two bottles?

Thanks.

I have done this many times.  If you so desire, Regent will also keep a bottle for you and then make it available in any restaurant or even your suite.  If you are in an upper level suite your butler will take care of this so you do not have to walk around with a bottle under your arm.  They are most accommodating.

Edited by shuguley

We were in Bermuda and went to Goslings to buy Duty Free rum.  The shop said it would be delivered to the ship and then in turn given to us at the end of the cruise.  When we got back on board after our sightseeing the rum was waiting for us in the suite.

I can add that we brought a half dozen bottles on board with us in Miami - 3 great 20+ year old Bordeaux and 3 15yr+ Napa wines - the experience with the wine staff on board Explorer was tremendous - they always decanted our wines in the late afternoon and had them ready for us when we arrived at the restaurant - they loved seeing new wines and talking about how they opened them  - and of course enjoyed tasting them with us - some they had heard of but never drank or had even seen - one of the highlights of the cruise for me!  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 2:53 AM, Hambagahle said:

We were in Bermuda and went to Goslings to buy Duty Free rum.  The shop said it would be delivered to the ship and then in turn given to us at the end of the cruise.  When we got back on board after our sightseeing the rum was waiting for us in the suite.

Same thing on our last cruise - they announced at the distillery that we could buy as much rum as we wanted and they'd let us have it when we disembarked.  We told them we were on Regent and they said, "Oh, never mind - you can take it with you if you want."

No worries bringing wine or spirits on board (within reason, I expect).