Ruby (Alaska) questions

coachj5452

I have taken 10 cruises, but they have all gone south. I am now scheduled on the Ruby Princess to Alaska in July. Can someone tell me what clothes to pack? Does it get cold enough for winter type clothes? Also if anyone has Princess Patters or Ruby menu's, I would love to see them.

Regardless of what you pack or forgot to pack there are RACKS of clothing and rain gear to purchase at just about every port and the stuff is very inexpensive. Layers are great but I found that the 29.00 reversible vest I purchased worked wonders as did the hoodie I bought from Princess Wilderness resort.

The Alaska forum is an excellent source of information from what to bring, how to dress, and providers of shore excursions, etc. It will be more detailed than the Princess forum. We have experienced 75 degree weather in Ketchikan and a range of weather in all ports. And remember some warm gloves on glacier days!

9 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

The key in Alaska is layers with the outer layer being waterproof. This applies during the entire cruise season. For Glacier viewing days hat and gloves would be helpful.

Was just about to write the same thing. Frugaltravel has aid it best, layers and a waterproof (not resistant) outer shell. This actually good advice for most cruises and an easier way to pack.

I do bring the gloves for those potentially colder days on deck viewing the glaciers.

• 3 weeks later...