Haven, Specialty Restaurants and Platinum Restaurants

js

Hi.

I have a few questions:

There will be three of us in an H4 on Encore, all Platinum (my dh, my mom and me). 
Will we all receive our Platinum benefit for two free dinners?

Are these the choices:

LeBistro or Cagneys

Los Lobos or Q

The first two people in the cabin (my dh and I) have the "free" three night specialty restaurants.

This leaves us being able to dine five nights in specialties but with the Haven, doing three restaurants if fine for me since

we enjoy the Haven restaurant.

For the specialty restaurants, could I use at:

LeBistro

Cagneys

Los Lobos
Q

Onda

Is Ocean Blue on Encore? Is Onda better?

Would it be best for my mom to purchase the three meal specialty option (if she doesn't get the Platinum benefit since three in a cabin) and do Cagneys, Los Lobos and Onda with us

or could she just be the "owner" of the Platinum benefit (she is also Platinum) and then she purchase just one night at Onda.  The three meal plan, with tax

comes to $172.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by js

As of June, you could also use the SDP at Food Republic. You get 4 dishes per package. It was plenty for the two of us to share one meal for lunch on a sea day. They also have some fun drinks in there too!

we also used it at Los Lobos and it comes with a ton of food! Your mom could join you, order a side or appetizer and share it like a tapas place

All Platinums in a cabin receive the benefit. It is likely that the certificates will only be there for two the first two people (alphabetically, not based on number they are on the cabin). If that is case, go down to the CruiseNext desk and get the additional certificates. 

There is a chance that the additional certificates will only be dinners for one, but that should work.

We have three in a cabin and we are all Platinum. We decided not to buy a third dining package this year. Since we are also in the Haven, we really don't want to commit to more than three specialty meals. Our friend can use the Platinum meals and we will use the dining package.

14 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

As of June, you could also use the SDP at Food Republic. You get 4 dishes per package. It was plenty for the two of us to share one meal for lunch on a sea day. They also have some fun drinks in there too!

we also used it at Los Lobos and it comes with a ton of food! Your mom could join you, order a side or appetizer and share it like a tapas place

Thank you very much.

I'll add Food Republic to my list but my main question is about the Dining and Platinum and how best to use.

10 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Here's the list of Specialty Restaurants and yes, you're correct about the Plat. dinner choices.  Enjoy your cruise. 

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

BTW, the 3-meal pkg would be 118 not 172.  

Thank you.

I must have been looking at something else since I just tried again and with taxes and tip it still looks like it stays $118.

Does anyone know if it is correct that only one Platinum in the cabin gets the dinner benefit for two?
Does it matter which Platinum member uses the vouchers? Do they need to be listed as Lead or second guest?

Trying to figure out if I should buy the three dinners for my mom.  The link with the specialty dinners, does that mean I can use the three meal specialty dinners at any of those locations?

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

All Platinums in a cabin receive the benefit. It is likely that the certificates will only be there for two the first two people (alphabetically, not based on number they are on the cabin). If that is case, go down to the CruiseNext desk and get the additional certificates. 

There is a chance that the additional certificates will only be dinners for one, but that should work.

We have three in a cabin and we are all Platinum. We decided not to buy a third dining package this year. Since we are also in the Haven, we really don't want to commit to more than three specialty meals. Our friend can use the Platinum meals and we will use the dining package.

Thank you.

This is exactly what I am trying to figure out in my head just substituting your "friend" for my "mom".

So, I can give my mom (also Platinum) the voucher and she can use at two restaurants with us.

We can go to two specialties and the rest Haven.  Is this what you are figuring to do too?

Thank you.

Edited by js

4 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you.

This is exactly what I am trying to figure out in my head just substituting your "friend" for my "mom".

So, I can give my mom (also Platinum) the voucher and she can use at two restaurants with us.

We can go to two specialties and the rest Haven.  Is this what you are figuring to do too?

Thank you.

We plan on doing three nights in specialties (La Cucina, Cagney's, Le Bistro). My husband and I will use our dining package and our friend will use the Platinum certificates. We don't foresee any issue doing this. 

10 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

We plan on doing three nights in specialties (La Cucina, Cagney's, Le Bistro). My husband and I will use our dining package and our friend will use the Platinum certificates. We don't foresee any issue doing this. 

Thank you.  But your friend will only be able to eat in two restaurants. Or, do you mean, your friend will just use another

certificate.  For instance, first use your husband's certificate and then your certificate.  I didn't think I could do that and wasn't even sure that everyone in the cabin received one so this is very helpful to me and I will just do as you are going to do.

Is what I typed above correct?

Thank you.

Edited by js

1 minute ago, js said:

Thank you.  But your friend will only be able to eat in two restaurants. Or, do you mean, your friend will just use another

certificate.  For instance, first use your husband's certificate and then your certificate.  I didn't think I could do that and wasn't even sure that everyone in the cabin received one so this is very helpful to me and I will just do as you are going to do.

Is what I typed above correct?

Thank you.

We just plan on her using another certificate. When do you sail? We sail at the end of February and if you sail after that I can let you know if we have any issues. 

There are names on the certificates, but they are arbitrary. Last year, the certificate in our cabin had my name and our friend's name. We thought it was hilarious that my husband, who is technically #1 in the cabin, did not receive any Platinum certificates. When we used them last year, the servers didn't care who was using the certificates. 

Just now, brookie848 said:

We just plan on her using another certificate. When do you sail? We sail at the end of February and if you sail after that I can let you know if we have any issues. 

There are names on the certificates, but they are arbitrary. Last year, the certificate in our cabin had my name and our friend's name. We thought it was hilarious that my husband, who is technically #1 in the cabin, did not receive any Platinum certificates. When we used them last year, the servers didn't care who was using the certificates. 

Thank you.  Your posts are very helpful.

I sail on Encore in August. 

We enjoy the dinners in the Haven and may even eat in Bermuda one night so the three restaurants will be fine for us

and I never thought about the vouchers being used for my mom.

Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, brookie848 said:

Just wanted to add: no need to go to the Cruise Next desk if the correct certs are not in your room.  Since you are in the Haven, this is something the concierge can handle for you.

8 minutes ago, gizfish said:

Just wanted to add: no need to go to the Cruise Next desk if the correct certs are not in your room.  Since you are in the Haven, this is something the concierge can handle for you.

Thank you.  I thought only the first one or two got the certificates (maybe that was a while ago).

I'm happy to hear we can all have them and this all works out perfectly.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, js said:

Thank you very much.

I'll add Food Republic to my list but my main question is about the Dining and Platinum and how best to use.

Thank you.

I must have been looking at something else since I just tried again and with taxes and tip it still looks like it stays $118.

Does anyone know if it is correct that only one Platinum in the cabin gets the dinner benefit for two?
Does it matter which Platinum member uses the vouchers? Do they need to be listed as Lead or second guest?

Trying to figure out if I should buy the three dinners for my mom.  The link with the specialty dinners, does that mean I can use the three meal specialty dinners at any of those locations?

Thank you.

$118 is correct for a 3-night dining package for Guest 3

All three platinum guests will get the two free platinum dinners.  The only question is whether you get two 2-person certificates in which case you could bring a 4th. And get 2 bottles of wine. 

All three can sign up for the behind the scenes tour at the cruise next desk on embarkation day (only). 

For your 3 SDP, we used it at Cagney’s/Le Bistro (which ever was not the free platinum dinner), Onda and Ocean Blue. 

from the Encore

69A5BAC9-9DC6-448C-934D-7FAEABE8F33E.jpeg

I found this in the FAQ

I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.
For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.
If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

3 hours ago, tumblew467 said:

I found this in the FAQ

I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.
For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.
If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

Thank you very much.  This helps me and will still work if I do as Brooke does and my dh and I use the specialty and my mom will use the voucher my dh/I get (split) and then she will have her own.  As long as we have two vouchers, then I'm guessing we will be good.

Thank you for this information, it is helpful.