Shipboard credit

marylovestotravel

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

Is that yours and did you get it on a milestone cruise? 

These are mine and I did get them at a "milestone" cruise. Apparently they are now provided only on the cruise where that "milestone" segment moves you to the next loyalty level. BTW, both items have embroidered indication of your new level (i.e., bronze, silver, gold, etc.)

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

These are mine and I did get them at a "milestone" cruise. Apparently they are now provided only on the cruise where that "milestone" segment moves you to the next loyalty level. BTW, both items have embroidered indication of your new level (i.e., bronze, silver, gold, etc.)

Something else to look forward to on our next O cruise. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Something else to look forward to on our next O cruise. Thanks.

Yes, as long as it will be a new loyalty qualifying segment.

BTW, it should be noted, that, this past year, there was one little cruise brouhaha where an O Club ambassador seemed to forget that some folks doing a multi-segment extended journey or custom cruise were moving to the next loyalty level but, because you get all that cruise's credits on "day 1" at embarkation, they appeared on "the loyalty list" as already having reached the milestone (e.g., 21 credits as opposed to 20 = gold [plus 1 for the second segment]). For some (no, make that many) folks who were thus passed over for pins, messenger bags, hats, mention at the O Club parties), it was a "big deal," quickly corrected when they complained to the GM et al.

There's nothing quite like "first world problems."👀

45 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I went on a cruise starting 11/15 and they were only available on Milestone cruises. I'm pretty sure they did it that way from the start. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2020 at 9:03 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

I think you are wrong, Flatbush. According to my TA, the perks of moving to the next level apply to the following cruise you take, not on the cruise where you reach a milestone. I will be on my 5th O cruise in June, attaining bronze. But I won't get the benefits on that cruise, I will get them after I complete my 5th cruise and take my 6th. I am mildly disappointed.

12 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I think you are wrong, Flatbush. According to my TA, the perks of moving to the next level apply to the following cruise you take, not on the cruise where you reach a milestone. I will be on my 5th O cruise in June, attaining bronze. But I won't get the benefits on that cruise, I will get them after I complete my 5th cruise and take my 6th. I am mildly disappointed.

We received our milestone benefits on the cruise that we hit the milestone...i.e. Bronze benefits applied to the 5th cruise.  Our TA says O considers you at the milestone level the moment you step on the ship for the milestone level cruise.

Edited by 1985rz1

Just now, 1985rz1 said:

We received our milestone benefits on the cruise that we hit the milestone...i.e. Bronze benefits applied to the 5th cruise.  Our TA says O considers you at the milestone level the moment you step on the ship for the milestone level.

Well then our two TA's are giving us very different information. I would try contacting O myself but I know they won't tell me anything since I booked with a TA. One of the minor annoyances dealing with Oceania, they aren't forthcoming with answers to your questions if you book through a TA. They tell you to have your TA ask them and then report to you.

3 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Well then our two TA's are giving us very different information. I would try contacting O myself but I know they won't tell me anything since I booked with a TA. One of the minor annoyances dealing with Oceania, they aren't forthcoming with answers to your questions if you book through a TA. They tell you to have your TA ask them and then report to you.

I don't have the links to them, but several others on the Oceania board have concurred that they have receive the benefits on the milestone cruise.  I wish I could point you to the links, but I can't.

But I can confirm that we received our Bronze benefits (OBC, etc) on the 5th cruise and the OBC was shown on the invoice for the 5th cruise.

Edited by 1985rz1

58 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Your TA is incorrect

On cruise number 5, 10 15  etc..you get the perks of that level ON that cruise

44 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Contact the Oceania Club Ambassador   

Strange that hundreds of O cruisers receive the  benefit  when they start the cruise  in next  level of the Loyalty program  you are the only  that has to wait 🙄

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I have my 5th O cruise booked for later this year and will be receiving Bronze level benefits on that cruise.  The invoice states the OBC credit we'll be getting.  If your invoice does not say anything about it, I would call and ask for a corrected one.  Your TA is mistaken. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, susiesan said:

You've posted more than one post that would make me question your TA and be looking for a new one. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, susiesan said:

You definitely need a new TA. 

When you walk on the ship, your cruise credits for that cruise are immediately applied to your O Club profile. Even if your original invoice did not state the milestone acquisition perks, they will be waiting for you. On that 5th cruise you'll get bronze pins etc.

And, you do not have to go though your TA for everything. You yourself can do your specialty reservations, request a PDF of excursions, purchase excursions, switch your O Life perk, request fridge items and even request certain corrections to invoice errors (though the corrected invoice will be sent to the TA).

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

I have my 5th O cruise booked for later this year and will be receiving Bronze level benefits on that cruise.  The invoice states the OBC credit we'll be getting.  If your invoice does not say anything about it, I would call and ask for a corrected one.  Your TA is mistaken. 

Ditto. We have our 10th booked and our Guest Statement says we are Bronze but also shows the Shipboard Credit and  Pre-paid Gratuities for Silver.

Plus there will be those little cards in your stateroom specifying all the benefits ... OBC, gratuities, etc.  Whatever!  If you don't see one of those cards specifying your benefits, talk to the big brass.  We've never had a problem in more than 15 years, though ...

17 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Contact the Oceania Club Ambassador   

Strange that hundreds of O cruisers receive the  benefit  when they start the cruise  in next  level of the Loyalty program  you are the only  that has to wait 🙄

How do I contact the O Club Ambassador? I don't see anything on the web site. My guest statement online shows 4 credits and 1 more to reach bronze stars. It is unclear as to whether that happens during or after the 5th cruise but I will take everyone's word that the extra perks will be waiting for me when we board Marina. I also sent an email.

I do already have a new TA. I booked this upcoming June 26 cruise way back in Feb. 2019 with an agent I have been using for15+ years. Subsequent to this reservation I booked and took a cruise on Sirena this past January, and booked a Windstar Tahiti cruise for next January with the new TA.

19 minutes ago, susiesan said:

How do I contact the O Club Ambassador? I don't see anything on the web site. My guest statement online shows 4 credits and 1 more to reach bronze stars. It is unclear as to whether that happens during or after the 5th cruise but I will take everyone's word that the extra perks will be waiting for me when we board Marina.

On your invoice from your TA/Oceania  do you see  (usually on page 3 with the itinerary)   the OClub $100 OBC or maybe listed  as $50 per 2 pax

In anycase  when you board the ship the card stating the  OBC will be in your cabin & added to your account onboard