Is Atlantis Worth the Money?

4 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Check to see how much a room is at the Comfort Suites. It is next door and provides four Atlantis wristbands per room. You would book for the day you are in Nassau and can check in anytime.  If you only want beach access, you could buy that separately from the ship or at Atlantis.  In my opinion, the water park is worth doing once with kids. 

This is a well known loophole.  My brother did it with his family a few years back.  You can check in and out simultaneously and they hand you 4 Atlantis full access passes.  Only cost my brother a couple of hundred $.  

7 hours ago, gcbranscome said:

We are going in July, so it’s $175 per person.  We are a family of 5, which would be $830. It’s so expensive!

Ouch, that’s the price of our last five day cruise for two on Majesty!

The problem with Atlantis is exactly this, access to hotel grounds by non hotel guests.  The only time its enjoyable is the first hour the pool opens, then come the hotel guests, then come 2-4 cruise ships with guests as well as nearby hotels.  Who wants to wait 30-40 minutes per slide? who wants to wait online 15-20 minutes for a hot dog or chicken tenders.  It is mayhem at the Pools and especially the slides. When we stayed at Atlantis it really drove me nuts when the hordes of cruise passengers came over, I'm talking HORDES. Before that happens the pool area is pretty enjoyable. But again, thats for maybe the first hour, 2 at best.

Edited by Moltar

16 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

This is a well known loophole.  My brother did it with his family a few years back.  You can check in and out simultaneously and they hand you 4 Atlantis full access passes.  Only cost my brother a couple of hundred $.  

With mandatory taxes and fees, CS can actually cost more than buying directly through Atlantis or 3rd party vendors, especially during school breaks. Going through the cruise line is almost always the priciest option. We’ve been twice, but off season, and we made sure we arrived by 9 and got in line for slides at 10.

Wow--just looked at the Comfort Suites site. IF you do actually get the 4 passes, it is an amazing deal. For my cruise date, and I only did a quick search, it's saying I have to book for 2 nights. But that still is way less than trying to get a pass any other way. For my summer cruise date it's saying a little under $200/night. If doing this, I'd want to spend a bit of time really being sure this works, and maybe trying to see if a one night stay is somehow permitted, but it is much cheaper than the resort for a day site.

43 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

Wow--just looked at the Comfort Suites site. IF you do actually get the 4 passes, it is an amazing deal. For my cruise date, and I only did a quick search, it's saying I have to book for 2 nights. But that still is way less than trying to get a pass any other way. For my summer cruise date it's saying a little under $200/night. If doing this, I'd want to spend a bit of time really being sure this works, and maybe trying to see if a one night stay is somehow permitted, but it is much cheaper than the resort for a day site.

Not cheaper when you add in the taxes, fees, taxes on the fees, etc.  Buying Aquaventure tickets direct thru Atlantis = $135 x 4 = $540.

Four people at Comfort Suites in Feb 2020:

Room x 1 Night :
$339.00
Est. Taxes & Fees:  
$228.71

Grand Total:

USD $567.71

Hotel Alerts: 

Starting 11/15/2019 new fees will be apply. The following tax and charges are applicable. 12 Value Added Tax, 11.2 Resort Levy, 5.00 USD per person per day Housekeeping charge, 17.87 USD per person per day Utility Surcharge and 14.56 USD Hotel Service Charge per person per day. 40.00 USD added to the rate for 3rd and 4th adult, plus Valued Added Tax. Children 16 years and over are charged as adults. Children 12 years to 15 years are charges 37.43 USD per child per day (Housekeeping, Utility Surcharge and Hotel Service Charge), not included in total. Restaurant open for lunch and dinner. Free complimentary parking 24 hours.

Boy that's expensive.  But I've been on many cruises now, and the day we spent at Atlantis in 2012 is probably my favorite day, on any cruise, ever.  So much so, that we are going back to stay at Atlantis for a week this coming may.  We did not go for a beach day, we went for the water park.  We spent most of our time riding around the "lazy river" (which is not a lazy river, it is rapids mixed with a lazy river that takes a very very long time just to ride through it once). And we could have spent all day on that thing, over and over.  It was so much fun.  They pull you around on your raft to different water slides, etc.  We did go in October, and the place was not that crowded.  If you have the money, do it.  The food was great, so were the drinks, the place was beautiful.  I could go on and on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moltar said:

The problem with Atlantis is exactly this, access to hotel grounds by non hotel guests.  The only time its enjoyable is the first hour the pool opens, then come the hotel guests, then come 2-4 cruise ships with guests as well as nearby hotels.  Who wants to wait 30-40 minutes per slide? who wants to wait online 15-20 minutes for a hot dog or chicken tenders.  It is mayhem at the Pools and especially the slides. When we stayed at Atlantis it really drove me nuts when the hordes of cruise passengers came over, I'm talking HORDES. Before that happens the pool area is pretty enjoyable. But again, thats for maybe the first hour, 2 at best.

We loved it so much from our cruise excursion that we are staying for a week in May.  But, we are staying at The Cove.  They have their own pool, (2 of them actually) beach, etc. that you have to be a guest to access.  So, for anyone thinking of going to ATlantis and doesn't want to always battle day guests, this would be a great option I'm assuming. I guess we will see in May.   

11 minutes ago, jetta8300 said:

We loved it so much from our cruise excursion that we are staying for a week in May.  But, we are staying at The Cove.  They have their own pool, (2 of them actually) beach, etc. that you have to be a guest to access.  So, for anyone thinking of going to ATlantis and doesn't want to always battle day guests, this would be a great option I'm assuming. I guess we will see in May.   

We stayed a week as well. I would go back but not for just the day at that price.  I love another excursion for the day in Nassau a million times more. Keeping it a secret even though it's on the excursions for Nassau. 😋

Edited by Moltar

28 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Not cheaper when you add in the taxes, fees, taxes on the fees, etc.  Buying Aquaventure tickets direct thru Atlantis = $135 x 4 = $540.

Room x 1 Night :
$339.00
Est. Taxes & Fees:  
$228.71

Grand Total:

USD $567.71

Hotel Alerts: 

Starting 11/15/2019 new fees will be apply. The following tax and charges are applicable. 12 Value Added Tax, 11.2 Resort Levy, 5.00 USD per person per day Housekeeping charge, 17.87 USD per person per day Utility Surcharge and 14.56 USD Hotel Service Charge per person per day. 40.00 USD added to the rate for 3rd and 4th adult, plus Valued Added Tax. Children 16 years and over are charged as adults. Children 12 years to 15 years are charges 37.43 USD per child per day (Housekeeping, Utility Surcharge and Hotel Service Charge), not included in total. Restaurant open for lunch and dinner. Free complimentary parking 24 hours.

Yes, at first glance it appears to be a great deal. However, the added fees are usually more that the nightly rate. We did book through CS once, it came out to about $110 for each adult. You need to go through the entire booking to see the final cost.

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Room x 1 Night :
$339.00
Est. Taxes & Fees:  
$228.71

Grand Total:

USD $567.71

Hotel Alerts: 

If you have Choice Privileges Rewards points, the damage to your wallet will be only 30,000 points or 6,000 points plus $180 taxes included.  It is a pretty good deal for me.  

22 hours ago, DeeDee316 said:

That is a lot. I'd recommend checking out the Blue Lagoon excursion. We did in in 2018, and it was so nice! Beach day, snorkeling, food. You can swim with dolphins and have them push you through the water (your kids would probably like that).  It is absolutely  gorgeous there.

Great idea! Thanks!

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

If you go to Atlantis, you are paying lots of extra $$$ because it is Atlantis. Find another beach day for your family. Don’t buy into the Atlantis hype. 

The water park and aquarium make Atlantis vastly different from a beach.

• Like 2