Is Atlantis Worth the Money?

Hi!  RCCL changed the itinerary for our cruise on the Independence  in July.  We are now going to Nassau instead of Labadee, which my family is not happy about because we had already bought tickets for the zipline and we were sooooo looking forward to it.  Anyway, we were thinking about going to Atlantis for the day since we will be there from 9am - 10pm.  It is really expensive though.  Is it worth the money? Also, could I just lay on the beach at the resort for free while my teenage kids went to the park?  Thanks for your help!

We used resort for a day to get it cheaper. They are one of the few authorized resellers, https://www.resortforaday.com/destinations/atlantis-resort-nassau-bahamas/?Click=87664

They do have different prices for like high season, low season, etc. You just have to be sure you get the right pass and put the right day of your visit in

5 hours ago, gcbranscome said:

Hi!  RCCL changed the itinerary for our cruise on the Independence  in July.  We are now going to Nassau instead of Labadee, which my family is not happy about because we had already bought tickets for the zipline and we were sooooo looking forward to it.  Anyway, we were thinking about going to Atlantis for the day since we will be there from 9am - 10pm.  It is really expensive though.  Is it worth the money? Also, could I just lay on the beach at the resort for free while my teenage kids went to the park?  Thanks for your help!

How much?

Not for us.  Too much money to spend for beach time.  But then my granddaughter does not like the water slides or water toys that most beaches charge for.  Made our day when all we needed was a beach chair and a good place to swim and look for shell on Coco Cay.  Was excited about all the money we saved and it was a Perfect Day.

All beaches are technically public but access to non-guests is not required. The ones within the Atlantis resort are bounded by huge rock jetties so you cannot stroll in from down the beach. Much easier to pay and then go between the resort's beaches and the pools and water park. 

There is a big public beach east of the resort that many people from cruise ships go to. You have to access it from a path next to the Riu or the next hotel to the east (can't remember exactly because we walked down from Atlantis). Lots of vendors for parasailing, jetskis, etc. Umbrellas and chairs for rent. Taxi from pier should know how to get there.

Is Atlantis worth it? We are timeshare owners there, so our answer is defintely yes! With kids and that much time, go for it!

Edited by mayleeman

We have used our Marriott point for a room for the day then you only have to pay resort fees.You have access to a room for the day and all the resort amenities. They give you water bottle vouchers at check in. You can do  a beach/ pool day get shower clean up  have dinner and hang out for a few hour before heading back to the ship. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

We did not find it worth the cost. It was insanely crowded, and we waited 45 minutes for hot dogs and chips from the "quick" service restaurant near the pool. We won't be going back there ever. 

Thank you. 

11 hours ago, mayleeman said:

All beaches are technically public but access to non-guests is not required. The ones within the Atlantis resort are bounded by huge rock jetties so you cannot stroll in from down the beach. Much easier to pay and then go between the resort's beaches and the pools and water park. 

There is a big public beach east of the resort that many people from cruise ships go to. You have to access it from a path next to the Riu or the next hotel to the east (can't remember exactly because we walked down from Atlantis). Lots of vendors for parasailing, jetskis, etc. Umbrellas and chairs for rent. Taxi from pier should know how to get there.

Is Atlantis worth it? We are timeshare owners there, so our answer is defintely yes! With kids and that much time, go for it!

Thank you! The kids really want to go, but $830 is a hard one to swallow so it has to be fantastic. 

8 minutes ago, gcbranscome said:

Thank you! The kids really want to go, but $830 is a hard one to swallow so it has to be fantastic. 

I had no clue it was that much! Okay, probably not worth it unless it is literally a once in a decade opportunity to get within a 1,000 miles of the ocean.

Can I interest you in a timeshare?😎

Check to see how much a room is at the Comfort Suites. It is next door and provides four Atlantis wristbands per room. You would book for the day you are in Nassau and can check in anytime.  If you only want beach access, you could buy that separately from the ship or at Atlantis.  In my opinion, the water park is worth doing once with kids. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gcbranscome said:

On HAL cruise years ago this was a free perk for past passengers ?*. For free I  thought it was barely worth the effort but for the current rate, especially for a family of 5, not in MHO.

That is a lot. I'd recommend checking out the Blue Lagoon excursion. We did in in 2018, and it was so nice! Beach day, snorkeling, food. You can swim with dolphins and have them push you through the water (your kids would probably like that).  It is absolutely  gorgeous there.