Show reservations for Harmony of the Seas

I am planning on taking my grandson on a cruise in early March, so it's kind of last minute.  If I book Harmony of the Seas, will all of the show reservations be booked?  I've never cruised on a ship with that many passengers, so I don't want to book it only to find out it's the type of ship that needs to be booked several months in advance.

For cabin selection, I was thinking of booking deck 14 because it looks like decks 15 and 16 are where he would hang out the most.  He's 17.  He said that he has no interest in the teen club, but I am hoping he changes his mind.  I took my youngest son on a cruise (Disney) when he was 17 and he met a lot of kids in their teen club.

One more question, are the food and drinks extra at CocoCay?  It makes no difference either way, but I am just curious.

Thanks!  I have cruised on Carnival, Norwegian, Disney, and a couple of Royal's smaller ships.  HOS seems so large and possibly crowded.  But maybe that's my perception.  Are the shows always packed?

There's a good chance that you might not be able to get all your desired entertainment days and times in advance.

You have a couple of options: 

There is a standby line for every performance.  Go early, get in that line, and it will be released into the venue about 10 minutes before showtime.

Go to the "box office" and try to make reservations as soon as you board.  You will get a flyer at check-in with the location.  You might also be able to use the RCI App to make show reservations as soon as you connect to the ship's WiFi.  Download this at home.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I am planning on taking my grandson on a cruise in early March, so it's kind of last minute.  If I book Harmony of the Seas, will all of the show reservations be booked?  I've never cruised on a ship with that many passengers, so I don't want to book it only to find out it's the type of ship that needs to be booked several months in advance.

One more question, are the food and drinks extra at CocoCay?  It makes no difference either way, but I am just curious.

Most of the food options at CoCoCay are included.   If you have a drink package it is extended to use on the island.  IMHO the food at CoCoCay is much better than it has ever been on any of RCI's private destinations.

• Like 1

Thank you Host Clarea and stevea36.  

When looking at ships, this is the one that had a great itinerary and something that a 17 year old would really like.  It's just a bit overwhelming to me due to the size.  I will definitely download the app.  CoCoCay looks like a blast for a teen.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

For cabin selection, I was thinking of booking deck 14 because it looks like decks 15 and 16 are where he would hang out the most.

Keep in mind that the deck immediately above 14 is a busy deck and you'll likely hear noise from all the activity there.  Maybe not a problem during the day, but at night or early morning when you are trying to sleep this could be an issue.  You may want to consider deck 12 instead.

• Like 1

Just now, jalves said:

Keep in mind that the deck immediately above 14 is a busy deck and you'll likely hear noise from all the activity there.  Maybe not a problem during the day, but at night or early morning when you are trying to sleep this could be an issue.  You may want to consider deck 12 instead.

I was just thinking about that.  My first thought was that he could easily take the stairs to get to decks 15 and 16, but I forgot about the noise.  The cabins I was looking at are the ones closest to the water show area.

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I was just thinking about that.  My first thought was that he could easily take the stairs to get to decks 15 and 16, but I forgot about the noise.  The cabins I was looking at are the ones closest to the water show area.

Yes, those are very busy/noisy areas.  I just walked through them a couple of days ago.  Sports games and lots of activity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoveTheSoul said:

Just wanted to say hi to a fellow Tennesean. 🙂

Hi! Don't you wish there were close cruise ports? I am so jealous of the people who live in Florida and can drive to their choice of cruise port.  The only time we have ever driven is when we cruised out of New Orleans.

• Like 1

I was able to call Royal and request two twin beds.  I still need to call back about the dining.  Also, the comedy show is available for reservations now, but just the adult show.  Hopefully, the family show will appear soon since my 17 year old grandson is too young for the adult show.