Gratuity breakdown

vermonter16

On 1/18/2020 at 11:27 PM, hiccups said:

That is correct--you can give cash to any crew member.  If you'd like to tip extra to your cabin steward, you can give cash, or if you have onboard credit, you can go to guest services and request a form for extra tips.  Your cabin steward is the one person on that form you can specify tips for--otherwise it is housekeeping or dining staff in general.

The butler, also.

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2020 at 6:28 PM, dkjretired said:

So

Sorry for all the rude and uninformative responses , this is why I'm not posting on here anymore. 

Here is the amounts of the tips, Celebrity doesn't really break it down anymore

• $15.50 per person, per day in standard accommodations
  • $16.00 per person, per day in Concierge Class and AquaClass® staterooms
  • $19.00 per person, per day in suites

X does break it down and you can collect the breakdown from Guest Relations.

The current breakdown is shown below:

CelebrityGrats-2023.thumb.jpg.049a81c7a0d1327e43bb359d9f36d60e.jpg

8 minutes ago, the penguins said:

X does break it down and you can collect the breakdown from Guest Relations.

The current breakdown is shown below:

But they no longer break it down to the individual.

Pretty sure the first Celebrity cruise we went on it was $X to the waiter, $X to the assistant waiter, etc. Not just "Dining and culinary services". That's what I think the OP was asking and that no longer exists. I know Royal had a breakdown by position, and I'm a long time ago when we cruised HAL they did the same thing. We've had prepaid gratuities on our last three cruises and haven't paid attention to wait Celebrity actually said.

But as you say this does provide more granularity than "$23 ppd".

specialty dining the tip is included in the purchase price.   A $60 dinner includes $50 for the meal and $10 for the staff.   Since we ate all of our dinners at speciality restaurants, we had the auto gratuities removed and paid the stateroom attendant the recommended $6 per day per person in cash. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Nw1030 said:

specialty dining the tip is included in the purchase price.   A $60 dinner includes $50 for the meal and $10 for the staff.   Since we ate all of our dinners at speciality restaurants, we had the auto gratuities removed and paid the stateroom attendant the recommended $6 per day per person in cash. 

What about the behind the scenes folks? 

Now we really are getting off track..my mistake. 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

8 minutes ago, Nw1030 said:

You did not have any food  in OVC or in Bacio or in MDR ?🤔

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

What about the behind the scenes folks? 

Now we really are getting off track..my mistake. 🙂

no your not - it's something everyone who chooses to remove the auto grats has to accept i.e. removing the grats means some staff work for less money.

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You did not have any food  in OVC or in Bacio or in MDR ?🤔

I was curious about lunch and breakfast meals myself. 

10 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I was curious about lunch and breakfast meals myself. 

Also I assume they never had any sheets or towels washed and never used any of the public restrooms as staff in there are also included in the Auto Grats.

17 hours ago, the penguins said:

no your not - it's something everyone who chooses to remove the auto grats has to accept i.e. removing the grats means some staff work for less money.

At this point the vast majority knows this.  Nothing any of us say, one way or another, will change this.

2 hours ago, Liao said:

At this point the vast majority knows this.  Nothing any of us say, one way or another, will change this.

There are always new passengers joining CC who rightly ask the same questions. There have been at least 2 other threads in the past week plus one Poster on this one who said X doesn’t publish any breakdown of the tips and clearly this is not correct.

The confusion isn’t helped by cruise lines adopting different ways to share the tips (or as Princess call it Crew Appreciation) for example with X each cruise is a cost centre in its own right whereas Princess shares the tips across the fleet - know idea how.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:24 PM, Lady Arwen said:

I never understand why folks need to know "the breakdown" of gratuities.  The cruiseline has taken away all the guess work and done the math for us.  Leave the auto tips in place and tip extra to those you feel went the extra mile for you.  Simple.

I agree 100%! Don't forget also enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1