Non drink package drink prices

Pharry

My apologies if this topic has been asked and answered , have looked but cant find it. 

If you have a drink package and want a drink that is more than the $12 maximum do you pay the difference between the two or the full cost of the dearer drink. 

It is still being reported both ways.

Pay the difference or pay full price.

No way to tell ahead of time as it seems each ship deals with it differently.

We have had the package many times and I have never ordered a drink more than the $12 allowed. Didn’t find it necessary.

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

In the past you paid the full price. More recently various folks have reported only paying the extra cost - especially in Vines.

This is correct.  The official policy states you will pay for the drink in entirety.  On our last cruise back in October, they were just charging the difference plus gratuity ... and yes, especially in Vines.  

22 minutes ago, skynight said:

Too add very few drinks are menu priced more than $12. The ones that are are generally wines, specialty whiskeys, ports.

I believe that is why they started only charging the extra amount in Vines as the new wine list didn't have many wines that fit within the package. (The did away with the wine we usually drink. Bah!) On Emerald Princess they had the upgraded whiskey selection in Wheelhouse which had a bunch of selections that didn't fit within the price range of the beverage package but they were definitely the exception to the rule. Most ships don't offer that type of selection. One item I did appreciated from the expanded selection though was Bulleit Rye which definitely fit within the bounds of the beverage package and which isn't normally available on Princess ships.

4 hours ago, Pharry said:

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. I guess we will see what happens if the need arises for our whiskey drinkers. 

Whiskey is good m'kay?  Also Whisky is good. Both are good. (I do give an edge to Whisky over Whiskey though... Scotch Whisky is blessed stuph.) Be kind to your folks who drink either. They are on the right track.

23 hours ago, Pharry said:

My apologies if this topic has been asked and answered , have looked but cant find it. 

If you have a drink package and want a drink that is more than the $12 maximum do you pay the difference between the two or the full cost of the dearer drink. 

My wife likes her wine. It was $12.50 so they did charge me the $0.50 every time I got her the wine.