Menus

trish4bruce

We have been sailing with NCL since 2016 and I have not noticed a change in the lunch menus in the dinning rooms. We always like to have lunch in the dining room but it would be nice if they added some new menu items.  Dinner menus in general also have been the same. Does anyone know how often Ncl introduces a new menus?  This is not a complaint  of the actual food as we find we enjoy all of our meals.   And I am specifically referring to the complementary dining rooms and not the specialty restaurants.

We were on the Spirit in December, same menu as the Escape in September. We were hoping for a menu change  as we will be on the Star next week. It would be nice if they would add a meal that represents the area being visited in the main dining  room ,like they do on the  buffets

Last winter on the Escape's 14 nights cruise, when the MDR was open for lunch (sea days) - they started offering 1 or 2 chef's specials in addition to the "same old, same old" everyday, never changing menu - ask the waiter about it.  On this month's Gem 20 days Panama Crossing, they reported doing an A/B lunch menu rotation (presumed variations & changes) - I am not sure if NCL did that on the Bliss's 14 days Caribbean route.

On shorter cruises with port intensive stops, NCL can get away with not changing those few selections.  With FDR's "promised" upscale dining (unless he was referring to Haven & suite dining only) - the idea of serving fried chicken, hot dogs, burgers, tuna fish salad or a white fish sandwich on a semi-toasted bun ... isn't exactly appealing after the 4th or 5th time.  Specialty dining, typically closed for lunch, not even on sea days on the mega ships with "dozens" of options 🙄 🤥 👎  for your (in)convenience, of course.

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 10:11 AM, trish4bruce said:

We have been sailing with NCL since 2016 and I have not noticed a change in the lunch menus in the dinning rooms. We always like to have lunch in the dining room but it would be nice if they added some new menu items.  Dinner menus in general also have been the same. Does anyone know how often Ncl introduces a new menus?  This is not a complaint  of the actual food as we find we enjoy all of our meals.   And I am specifically referring to the complementary dining rooms and not the specialty restaurants.

I would like to see some salads for lunch.  It's does get boring with the same items day after day.  Like the idea of 'special' item on sea days.

8 hours ago, kitty-sail said:

I would like to see some salads for lunch.  It's does get boring with the same items day after day.  Like the idea of 'special' item on sea days.

The MDR is only open on sea days. Unless you are doing a TA, not much time to get bored. 

D25C54FE-92D8-4285-8F20-F8D35F824DBB.jpeg

1D8C4C1E-AA21-4D10-83DF-CF347A27F9EC.jpeg

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The MDR is only open on sea days. Unless you are doing a TA, not much time to get bored. 

Wow - that looks pretty interesting. Some very nice choices. Thanks for sharing. Not going on the Encore this time. Hope the menu is the same.

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

D25C54FE-92D8-4285-8F20-F8D35F824DBB.jpeg

1D8C4C1E-AA21-4D10-83DF-CF347A27F9EC.jpeg

Wow, we rarely venture into the dining room for lunch on a cruise but that looks like some nice options.  Might have to try it one sea day next month. 

8 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Wow, we rarely venture into the dining room for lunch on a cruise but that looks like some nice options.  Might have to try it one sea day next month. 

Really nice place to start your cruise off with too.  It's a lot more relaxed than the buffet.  When boarding just head to MDR and relax.  

32 minutes ago, welove2cruise* said:

Hoping this is the Breakaway lunch menu. Sounds like good choices to me. 

They are suppose to be uniform across the fleet now. But you know how that goes. The menu above was from the Encore (which was our most recent cruise). We hit the MDR on embarkation day to relax and plan our week.