Drink Package Question

cewtaldad

yes, you would need to check your cruise planner for your specific sailing....it fluctuates from ship to ship and sailing to sailing!  I find it is usually a better deal purchasing it ahead of time versus once onboard....although I have heard others report otherwise.  RCI's beverage package is just VERY unpredictable and tends to change ALOT!!  I would tell you to book it, if you are ok with the price and then keep an eye on your cruise planner...if the price drops cancel and re-book it at the lower price!!  With that being said, when I sailed the Harmony, it was much more onboard!  I think they were offering BOGO 30% off??  Which ended up to still be more than what I had paid...lol.  Fake sales!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cewtaldad said:

Cruise planner is showing $61 as part of 25% off sale. As Diamond plus, I get 30% off onboard price. Trying to decide which is the best deal.

IMO they tend to jack up the price onboard, then have a 30% off or a BOGO to entice people to buy as they board.  I think when I sailed Harmony, on boarding day it was like $65/day with a percentage off, but I had paid $52/day online.  If I were you, I would just buy it online and call it a day.  LoL.  Enjoy the Harmony....LOVED that ship and I will be going on the Oasis in a few mnoths!

I would go to the Roll Call for the current cruise and the next cruise and ask someone there to report what the price is onboard if someone wanted to buy the drink package while on the ship.

You're likely to get more accurate information by asking someone who is currently on the ship.

6 minutes ago, Jeff13 said:

They must have not sold enough on Serenade a couple of weeks ago.  They were still offering the BOGO 30% off deal on the ship for the first 2 days.  You never know what will happen with the prices.

What was that price?

On 1/27/2020 at 12:18 PM, cewtaldad said:

Cruise planner is showing $61 as part of 25% off sale. As Diamond plus, I get 30% off onboard price. Trying to decide which is the best deal.

Tough call.  If the 25% is truly  (yeah, I know....big IF) the current on-board price, that makes it around $81-$82, give or take some loose change.  So your 30% will should bring you to $57-ish.

According to this link, the maximum on-board price is $89 which would give you $62. Seems like it can't hurt to wait until you are on-board.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/beverage-packages

As Brillohead said, maybe check the roll-call threads or the book of faces as you might find more accurate up-to-date info there.

Let us know. I'd like to see how accurate my guessing game is.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:26 AM, SuiteLady said:

IMO they tend to jack up the price onboard, then have a 30% off or a BOGO to entice people to buy as they board.  I think when I sailed Harmony, on boarding day it was like $65/day with a percentage off, but I had paid $52/day online.  If I were you, I would just buy it online and call it a day.  LoL.  Enjoy the Harmony....LOVED that ship and I will be going on the Oasis in a few mnoths!

Yeah but the D+ 30% off would make that $65/day around $46/day. OP says the current cruise planner price is $61/day.

12 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Yeah but the D+ 30% off would make that $65/day around $46/day. OP says the current cruise planner price is $61/day.

The cruise planner price isn't the current onboard price.  The cruise planner claims the discount is off the current onboard price as well.  So if the planner is showing 25% at $61, then the onboard price is roughly 82.  So if they poster gets 30% then it would be like 57.40.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

The cruise planner price isn't the current onboard price.  The cruise planner claims the discount is off the current onboard price as well.  So if the planner is showing 25% at $61, then the onboard price is roughly 82.  So if they poster gets 30% then it would be like 57.40.  

Well, you know how Royal sales work. I find it hard to believe the onboard price would be that high but even if it is, $57 is still less than $61.

4 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

What they refer to as the on board price in the cruise planner for calculating the fake sales and what the actual on board price is varies and is rarely the same.