Zone 6 Bayonne

First time Star Class. Where is Zone 6? I have sailed out of Bayonne before but never noticed the drop off zones. My husband and I are sailing with another couple   (also star class) who will be driving us all over and parking.  They will be dropping my husband and me at zone 6 with all the luggage, since my husband needs a wheelchair assist for boarding. They will then meet us inside in the Star Class area so we may board together (their room next to ours).  The Genie is aware of all this. My main concern is as we enter the arrival area  where is Zone 6 and how do I get the right porter to bring my luggage inside? Guidance, please.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/passenger_info.html

Luggage drop off zones 1-5 are located directly in front of the terminal. Passengers and their luggage should be dropped off at the same zone.

Pick-up Zones 6 – 10 are clearly marked along the main building and are designated pick up areas for passengers who have pre-arranged their own transportation by car service, friend or family.

27 minutes ago, Midway7934 said:

First time Star Class. Where is Zone 6? I have sailed out of Bayonne before but never noticed the drop off zones. My husband and I are sailing with another couple   (also star class) who will be driving us all over and parking.  They will be dropping my husband and me at zone 6 with all the luggage, since my husband needs a wheelchair assist for boarding. They will then meet us inside in the Star Class area so we may board together (their room next to ours).  The Genie is aware of all this. My main concern is as we enter the arrival area  where is Zone 6 and how do I get the right porter to bring my luggage inside? Guidance, please.

When you pull up to the man at the front of the line of cars waiting to be directed to the curb, just tell him that you have someone who needs assistance.  He will direct you to the zone designated for handicap passengers.  It is just the drop off zone directly in front of the terminal, so minimal walking.  This is what we did when my husband was on a cane after surgery.

Edit to add:  We were sky class when we have sailed from  Cape Liberty.  Suite waiting area has always been over by the bathrooms.  When we sailed 12/19, they had moved suite area over to the right wall, over by the escalators.

Edited by reallyitsmema

In this photo zone 7 in front of me and zone 6 is before that in the distance just before the road turns towards zone 7.  It's the straight part right in front of the terminal entrance where the other cluster of car headlights can be seen in this photo.

an_day12-9.jpg

57 minutes ago, Midway7934 said:

Literally directly in front of the front door you walk in.  Right where the drop off road makes a left bend.

Get out of car, look for RC rep and say "star class'...it will all unfold fairly easily.

8 hours ago, twangster said:

In this photo zone 7 in front of me and zone 6 is before that in the distance just before the road turns towards zone 7.  It's the straight part right in front of the terminal entrance where the other cluster of car headlights can be seen in this photo.

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but it's been 11 years since I've sailed out of Bayonne.  How is embarkation/disembarkation handled these days?  They have specific zones to drop people/luggage off at now?  Last time I was there it was basically a giant tent that everyone walked through.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, cgags47 said:

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but it's been 11 years since I've sailed out of Bayonne.  How is embarkation/disembarkation handled these days?  They have specific zones to drop people/luggage off at now?  Last time I was there it was basically a giant tent that everyone walked through.

Thanks!

Completely different from the tent days.  Very organized, very easy.  

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It's sorta like an airport drop off for cars - there's a separate section for buses.

15 hours ago, twangster said:

Completely different from the tent days.  Very organized, very easy.  

Awesome, thanks so much for the replies!  Only 52 days until I head to Bayonne.  Looking forward to using the App and seeing how much RCCL has changed since I last sailed.

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2020 at 6:57 PM, dodgestang said:

Literally directly in front of the front door you walk in.  Right where the drop off road makes a left bend.

Get out of car, look for RC rep and say "star class'...it will all unfold fairly easily.

Wanted to let you know I said "star class" and had the most amazing cruise vacation of my life!!!!!

• Like 1