GRATUITIES

ROYALBOY

5 minutes ago, DUC950 said:

There will be 3 people in my stateroom.  I have a perk for prepaid gratuities for 2.  Will the gratuities for the 3rd person be added to my onboard account.

Yes, assuming the third party is on your SeaPass account. If they have a separate account, the gratuities will be charged to their account.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, assuming the third party is on your SeaPass account. If they have a separate account, the gratuities will be charged to their account.

Thank you.  Third party is my granddaughter and will be on Sea Pass account.

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:
2 minutes ago, DUC950 said:

Thank you.  Third party is my granddaughter and will be on Sea Pass account.

Lucky granddaughter!

No lucky grandmother!   Sailing with daughter and grandaughter .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DUC950 said:

There will be 3 people in my stateroom.  I have a perk for prepaid gratuities for 2.  Will the gratuities for the 3rd person be added to my onboard account.

Yes, it will be.

bon voyage

3 hours ago, Swampbabe said:

And one can smell the cheapness.

Not in the dining room tonight, it being the final night.  Our waiters, assistant waiter and the gal on the desk who allocates table space are all more than happy with our presentation, something that was very rare in it's occurrence tonight.  You obviously have not read or understood our position.  We are most generous in gratuties.  But we will do it as we see fit and not dictated to by the carrier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ONT-CA said:

Not in the dining room tonight, it being the final night.  Our waiters, assistant waiter and the gal on the desk who allocates table space are all more than happy with our presentation, something that was very rare in it's occurrence tonight.  You obviously have not read or understood our position.  We are most generous in gratuties.  But we will do it as we see fit and not dictated to by the carrier.

I’ve read your position and think that you’re rationalizing being cheap and stiffing crew that you don’t interface with. It’s okay, though. It’s not anyone’s business but when you put it out on a public message board be prepared for the comments.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swampbabe said:

I’ve read your position and think that you’re rationalizing being cheap and stiffing crew that you don’t interface with. It’s okay, though. It’s not anyone’s business but when you put it out on a public message board be prepared for the comments.

I guess we must be "stiffing" the CEO for we have no idea who he is, where he works or what he does, just like most employees of this line you are so concerned with. Must we tip them all?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ONT-CA said:

I guess we must be "stiffing" the CEO for we have no idea who he is, where he works or what he does, just like most employees of this line you are so concerned with. Must we tip them all?

🙄 Again, no need to rationalize your cheapness. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ONT-CA said:

For someone who seems to spend a lot of time on the Celebrity board and has so much to say about Celebrity's policies, I'm amazed that you don't know that Celebrity's president and CEO is a woman, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I just finished spending 10 min putting together another fantastic response to a poster who insists they are doing right,  Not paying the gratuity, but giving cash to specific staff people, which is called a tip, not a gratuity.

I stopped and deleted the thing, remembering what Happy Cruiser said about not feeding those that are looking for an excuse to rip off the staff and pretend they are really doing them well. 

I had a very nice Irish Manhattan tonight and you know how I get with that as an  ‘inspiration’! 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I just finished spending 10 min putting together another fantastic response to a poster who insists they are doing right,  Not paying the gratuity, but giving cash to specific staff people, which is called a tip, not a gratuity.

I stopped and deleted the thing, remembering what Happy Cruiser said about not feeding those that are looking for an excuse to rip off the staff and pretend they are really doing them well. 

I had a very nice Irish Manhattan tonight and you know how I get with that as an  ‘inspiration’! 

Den

It's hard not to respond, but you did it!  Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know I have stated this before in other forums. Since the introduction of auto or prepaid gratuities, what ever you call them, I have GLADLY paid them. Saves me the trouble of handing out envelopes at the end of a cruise. However since the evolution of select dining, which we always choose because we like meeting new people most nights. We always tell the hostess we are open to any available table. Plus we don't have to have the same wait staff every night. We had met some awesome people this way from several countries. And because of this rarely do we make a connection with wait staff. Not their fault.There have been exceptions and they were tipped well.

Room stewards are a hit and miss. We have had good ones and not so good. We make very few requests. I can count on 1 hand the amount we tipped extra. Most stewards do not go above and beyond,well because they are busy. And very few bartenders now, unless you order fancy drinks have much time to give you. Plus "FLARE" bar tending is over rated. Make the drink the way I want it, no theatrics.  Want to empress me, remember my drink and have it sitting there with out asking.

As far as the back of the house is concerned, kitchen, bars, general cleanup they are not my responsibility to pay. That is the cruise lines responsibility. And I will not guilted into thinking otherwise.

7 hours ago, Fouremco said:

For someone who seems to spend a lot of time on the Celebrity board and has so much to say about Celebrity's policies, I'm amazed that you don't know that Celebrity's president and CEO is a woman, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.

My beef is not with Celebrity alone, it is with the entire industry (save, finally P&O)

Why should I know anything about the control of Celebrity, I am but a customer.

19 minutes ago, ONT-CA said:

My beef is not with Celebrity alone, it is with the entire industry (save, finally P&O)

Why should I know anything about the control of Celebrity, I am but a customer.

I guess you by your own admission like P&O because the most you will tip is $100

or whatever the exchange rate to British Pound.

I would also agree with Den, I think it is not the way to treat the wonderful people who work so hard to make our sailing so great.

Take off joyride auto grats can never really be justified, no matter what excuse, 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LOL--- I took the advice of a longtime poster and did not reply directly to a " professional " poster looking for an excuse not to tip. 

Last night , just last night , I figured it out .

Don't go on cruises, don't go to hotels, don't go to restaurants ,  don't this, don't that--- Just stay in the basement, write poems ,

and eat grapes . Gotta try Tim Horton's plant based sandwiches . No gratuity notes printed on the wrapping .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- I took the advice of a longtime poster and did not reply directly to a " professional " poster looking for an excuse not to tip. 

Last night , just last night , I figured it out .

Don't go on cruises, don't go to hotels, don't go to restaurants ,  don't this, don't that--- Just stay in the basement, write poems ,

and eat grapes . Gotta try Tim Horton's plant based sandwiches . No gratuity notes printed on the wrapping .

p - I never said that I was not a glutton for punishment or criticism, from time to time.... LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

p - I never said that I was not a glutton for punishment or criticism, from time to time.... LOL

bon voyage

" glutton for punishment or criticism " ??

How do you think I feel ? I posted my first ever post on any posting site and by the end of 10 hrs of getting " beat up " over my first post, the Moderators  ( Referees ) --- Oops, can't say that-- and I can't find it. 

LOl--- All I wanted to do was have a little fun ,but, it was extremely cold here that day -- but, not as cold as the reception I got as a new poster.  

No worries--- I should be over it by 2024 .

( Does anyone remember the post I'm referring to ??? )

11 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

How do you think I feel ? I posted my first ever post on any posting site and by the end of 10 hrs of getting " beat up " over my first post, the Moderators  ( Referees ) --- Oops, can't say that-- and I can't find it. 

LOl--- All I wanted to do was have a little fun ,but, it was extremely cold here that day -- but, not as cold as the reception I got as a new poster.  

( Does anyone remember the post I'm referring to ??? )

Again you're walking on thin ice with this post with the CC mods. A little advice. I suggest you drop and forget about your removed posts/threads and move on.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

( Does anyone remember the post I'm referring to ??? 

Welcome! 

Not to worry about deleted posts, it does happen, just as long as one does not make it a habit.

You are in good company!

Welcome again and Bon voyage

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Question-- Can someone please explain what the laughing symbol means in the " reactions " ? 

Are they laughing at the poster , as in making fun of the post, or that they enjoy the post ?

Thanks

Either..... LOL depends on your particular humour at the moment.

Bon voyage

9 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Question-- Can someone please explain what the laughing symbol means in the " reactions " ? 

Are they laughing at the poster , as in making fun of the post, or that they enjoy the post ?

Thanks

Ouch - I just used the laughing symbol, and I didn’t think it could also mean laughing at the poster, I enjoyed the post and thought it was funny!!

Although a recent poster called me a smarty (used a different term and got their post removed), I never try to put other posters down or make fun of them, but we all know how things can be read differently than meant. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Thanks

I use the laughing emoji  when I think the post is funny or ridiculous.

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 2