Guaranteed inside cabin

Andie 49

The very first cruise I went on (Carnival Celebration) I booked an inside guaranteed.  It turned out very well for me, plus the cruise itself was a blast.   Just remember, you'll be on a cruise ship and enjoying yourself.  :classic_cool:  

1 hour ago, Andie 49 said:

That is what we thought. Wwe dont plan to spend much time in the room anyways.

We also chose a guarantee cabin that had tremendous perks.  Our location isn’t bad (deck 3) could have been much worse.  As you have said, you don’t spend much time in your room anyway.  Biggest concern.....for any room....is being able to sleep due to noise.  I learned early on to take earplugs JUST IN CASE.  

1 hour ago, Reijo said:

We also chose a guarantee cabin that had tremendous perks.  Our location isn’t bad (deck 3) could have been much worse.  As you have said, you don’t spend much time in your room anyway.  Biggest concern.....for any room....is being able to sleep due to noise.  I learned early on to take earplugs JUST IN CASE.  

i was researching summit deck 9 and ran across a post of an inside where he said it was fantastic. except someone started lifting weights in the gym above him at 4 am every day. 

• Like 1

We paid 33 dollars each more to go into level 11 instead of level 12. I am not sure if that will be better or not but it was not much of a difference.. Will see on embarkment day..haha

that is funny about the 4 am thing. My boyfriend would probably be awake already and I can sleep through a train wreck so we will be good....

We always use battery tea lights.  From the $Tree.  One will last 6 to 7 days. We keep them on in the bathroom for the entire cruise and throw out at the end. I usually take 3 for a 7 day cruise because we have had ones that didn’t work.  We find that we experience the wonders of the ship  more, sleep better and feel Less ship movement less with an inside. We book our type of cabin based on the best deal .   We have experienced all cabin types and find each have good points. Enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, Andie 49 said:

We paid 33 dollars each more to go into level 11 instead of level 12. I am not sure if that will be better or not but it was not much of a difference.. Will see on embarkment day..haha

that is funny about the 4 am thing. My boyfriend would probably be awake already and I can sleep through a train wreck so we will be good....

my gf can sleep thru anything too. on a princess cruise we had super bad winds (10 out of some scale of 12 i believe). captain did annoucements 2x into the cabins , which is very very rare. she never woke up from that nor the waves. later we were on the bridge talking with him and he said 1st time since he's been on that ship that he did such announcements. 

meanwhile i held onto the grab bar for dear life in the shower. we were deck 10 looking out the front of the ship so felt it pretty bad. 

1 hour ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

We always use battery tea lights.  From the $Tree.  One will last 6 to 7 days. We keep them on in the bathroom for the entire cruise and throw out at the end. I usually take 3 for a 7 day cruise because we have had ones that didn’t work.  We find that we experience the wonders of the ship  more, sleep better and feel Less ship movement less with an inside. We book our type of cabin based on the best deal .   We have experienced all cabin types and find each have good points. Enjoy your cruise.

i just watched a tour of a summit cabin today. CC i think. it looked like there was a light under the bathroom cabinet i believe. in my room on NCL we had a blue light under the end tables and that was wonderful

Did an inside guarantee on the Summit to Bermuda for $450 pp about 4 years ago.  We were deck 7 so Forward that you couldn't even go any further forward.  We were down a corridor that we didn't even know existed.  Did not have any problem with motion or noise.  Was a great cruise and we gained no weight because we had to walk so far to the food-  that did not stop us though we just walked off the calories!!

4 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

my gf can sleep thru anything too. on a princess cruise we had super bad winds (10 out of some scale of 12 i believe). captain did annoucements 2x into the cabins , which is very very rare. she never woke up from that nor the waves. later we were on the bridge talking with him and he said 1st time since he's been on that ship that he did such announcements. 

meanwhile i held onto the grab bar for dear life in the shower. we were deck 10 looking out the front of the ship so felt it pretty bad. 

Yeah when my daughter had a party after her wedding at her house.My son, friend and I slept together in one room while the party came in with loud music and a barking dog. When they were complaining about it the next day,I am like What ??.. So your girlfriend and myself would be good for those reasons but not so good in a fire.. lol..

3 hours ago, cruiser61262 said:

Did an inside guarantee on the Summit to Bermuda for $450 pp about 4 years ago.  We were deck 7 so Forward that you couldn't even go any further forward.  We were down a corridor that we didn't even know existed.  Did not have any problem with motion or noise.  Was a great cruise and we gained no weight because we had to walk so far to the food-  that did not stop us though we just walked off the calories!!

Awesome. thanks for that story. I feel better now. I think we could be in the same general area... not sure.. oh well . great perks for sure... We could stay up all night long if need be if we have issues.. lol.

We were on Eclipse for the Coastal California cruise back in November. Port intensive cruise so we opted for an inside guarantee. We were incredibly pleased with the cabin they assigned. We were on Deck 9 (so sorry I do not recall the exact cabin number). Loved the location. The cabin was large - larger than any inside cabin we have had before. We slept really well - cool & dark.  We have been sailing in either Aqua or Concierge the last few cruises. We forgot how much we like an inside cabin.

Going on a quick cruise in March on Infinity. Chose the inside guarantee. They have assigned us a cabin on Deck 7 - looks good to us. We made some bids with the move up program but we are perfectly happy with the inside cabin.

We are doing inside this time (Caribbean)...from what I hear, the inside rooms are still very comfortable and beautiful and most people don't miss the window much. I'm bringing an electric candle for a nightlight. The difference between an inside and a veranda was more than 1000 per person so it was a no-brainer. Took that money and extended the entire vacay by a week! I'd love to have a veranda but I'm more excited to have the money lol. If it was Alaska or somewhere similar, I'd splurge. For Caribbean I'm happy to stay up on deck!

• Like 2