Cruise Planner Coco Beach Club and South Beach NOW OPEN!

Keep trying 😉   just name the site without the HTTP references 😉

Based on a google search for 'cococay' with results in the last 24 hours....I think you are trying to link a RC blog site page 😉

Edited by dodgestang

12 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Looks great. But priced like a 5 day cruise. Chill Island and the Oasis area still best for the $.

For the floating cabanas, yes, the beach club alone is significantly more affordable.

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Over the water cabanas for my December cruise are priced at the bargain basement price of $4999

Ours, too.  We paid less than that for all FOUR of us in our family to cruise in two cabins for the week.  I just can't fathom spending that much for 6 or so hours in a cabana.  If Royal can get that price, more power to them, but--yikes.  Too rich for our blood.

• Like 2

Does this mean "Phase 2" is done or is that something for later in 2020?  I guess I'm wondering when they will really put 12,000 on the island.  

https://www.cruzely.com/royal-caribbean-reportedly-expanding-perfect-day-cococay-capacity/

Perfect Day at CocoCay will get bigger and better with a Phase 2 expansion planned for 2020. After Phase 2, Royal Caribbean’s private island destination will be ready to welcome three ships per day. Given the size of Royal Caribbean’s vessels, that means as many as 12,000 passengers will visit CocoCay daily.

54 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Does this mean "Phase 2" is done or is that something for later in 2020?  I guess I'm wondering when they will really put 12,000 on the island.  

https://www.cruzely.com/royal-caribbean-reportedly-expanding-perfect-day-cococay-capacity/

Perfect Day at CocoCay will get bigger and better with a Phase 2 expansion planned for 2020. After Phase 2, Royal Caribbean’s private island destination will be ready to welcome three ships per day. Given the size of Royal Caribbean’s vessels, that means as many as 12,000 passengers will visit CocoCay daily.

I believe the information alluded to above (on another site) indicated that this was the completion of phase 1. 

12 hours ago, BunnyHutt said:

I believe the information alluded to above (on another site) indicated that this was the completion of phase 1. 

I couldn't find anything about more construction planned for 2020 or another reference to a phase 2 .  A vague future reference to "designing for overnight stays" was about all I found.  

19 hours ago, SAmome said:

that is totally insane,,,3 ships. sure they can throw out more chairs,, but th elines already have posted to over 2 hours for the water park...I can see the cabanas doubling in price

35 minutes ago, muffyn said:

that is totally insane,,,3 ships. sure they can throw out more chairs,, but th elines already have posted to over 2 hours for the water park...I can see the cabanas doubling in price

No one has to buy a waterpark ticket, the island originally didn't have that.  It seems like an easy solution would be to limit the sales of waterpark passes to those who really want it and pay full price.  Cabana prices would stay high as they wouldn't need to discount but they are "extras" and not really part of the capacity equation.  Capacity, in my mind, has more to do with beach day people that want a lounge chair and reasonable waits for food, drink and bathroom breaks.

That said, the return on investment for building wooden structures like cabanas and beachbeds is huge, I'd think RCCL would want to build them ASAP.  The previous cabanas had a special lunch area and nearby bar with service, now it's only the premium expensive over the water cabanas, I believe.