Has Platinum Lounge on each cruise changed to Elite only?

potchak

We are Platinum and currently on the Crown.  We received an invitation in our stateroom to the cocktail party along with a listing of each day’s special hors d’hoeuvres.  We have attended twice so far and no one has checked our medallions.  Not sure if we will go again as we have the beverage package and found the hors d’hoeuvres to be unremarkable.  We do, however, like the Skywalkers venue and appreciate the gesture that Princess is making.

A couple of years ago on the Royal, I went to the Captain's Circle hostess because we had not received our cocktail hour invitation. She told me to ask my cabin attendant. I told her that I had and that the cabin attendant had no idea what I was talking about. She said she'd look into it. That night, there was a mountain of flyers and promotional items in our cabin. Apparently, the young woman taking care of our cabin did not know that there were materials that she was expected to deliver to her cabins.

We were on the Emerald transatlantic in November where there were a large number of Platinums and Elites so the event was moved to Club Fusion. There were so few people there every night, I can't imagine them limiting it to just Elites.

2 hours ago, 2theship said:

We were on the Emerald transatlantic in November where there were a large number of Platinums and Elites so the event was moved to Club Fusion. There were so few people there every night, I can't imagine them limiting it to just Elites.

We have yet to find it crowded. We go occasionally. When we have the beverage package we order our usual drinks. When we don't have the package I tend to order the Mayan Mule. It's not bad at all but seems to vary depending on the bartender. We've also been known to just order our regular drinks when we didn't have the beverage package. The discount on drinks is not all that big and the selection is not all that impressive. It's unfortunate they changed to the current offerings rather than being able to get discounted 24k Margaritas and Chairman of the Board Martinis. A lot of folks were unhappy with that change. I agree that the selection of munchies isn't all that snazzy. I've known folks who always go for the Steak Tartare or the Shrimp every time they are offered but we've just never been all that impressed with the food. Like I said above, we do go sometimes - and a few times have just called it dinner - but it's not a big deal.

17 hours ago, geoherb said:

We had over 900 Elites on our Crown Princess transatlantic cruise last fall and a similar number of Platinums. Both were allowed to go to the nightly event. They moved it to Club Fusion due to the number of people. They did have a notice by the door that it was only for Platinum, Elite, and Suite guests. And occasionally someone was checking medallions.

1500 on ours.  (Sky)

There have been a couple reports of the happy hour lounge being for elites only. But what I want to know from those making those reports is: were any Platinum guests actually turned away? Or were they perhaps confused or misled by the signage or invitations into not trying to enter? The invitation or signage could be confusing if not read carefully. The invitation says "Exclusive Elite Lounge" but if you read the whole invitation it's clear it's open to Platinum and Suites. Add in the sporadic missing invitations to the confusing language and I could see people assuming they weren't invited or welcome.

12 minutes ago, junglejane said:

There have been a couple reports of the happy hour lounge being for elites only. But what I want to know from those making those reports is: were any Platinum guests actually turned away? Or were they perhaps confused or misled by the signage or invitations into not trying to enter? The invitation or signage could be confusing if not read carefully. The invitation says "Exclusive Elite Lounge" but if you read the whole invitation it's clear it's open to Platinum and Suites. Add in the sporadic missing invitations to the confusing language and I could see people assuming they weren't invited or welcome.

I don't believe it.

Imagine the uproar.

I agree a misinterpretation of the "Exclusive Elite Lounge" terminology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...