Has Platinum Lounge on each cruise changed to Elite only?

potchak

On our last cruise we had the ability of going up to the platinum lounge every day for special snack and drink prices. My mom said on her last cruise this changed to Elite only on the Sky Princess. Has this changed for all cruises or just on the really big ships? Appreciate the help. We are going on the Caribbean princess in May to the Caribbean and I would be very disappointed if we lost that benefit. TIA!

29 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We stopped using it long ago. 

Anyone can use it.

When we have used it and walked past it on recent cruises it has been packed and entry was unsupervised.

We now prefer to head to the DR and eat a nice breakfast then walk off.

I'm thinking this is referring to happy hour not disembarking

• Like 2

1 hour ago, potchak said:

On our last cruise we had the ability of going up to the platinum lounge every day for special snack and drink prices. My mom said on her last cruise this changed to Elite only on the Sky Princess. Has this changed for all cruises or just on the really big ships? Appreciate the help. We are going on the Caribbean princess in May to the Caribbean and I would be very disappointed if we lost that benefit. TIA!

No it has not changed to Elite only.

F782BA57-C2C9-42A2-8CAE-F961522D4719.jpeg

8518C3E2-019E-41E7-ABAB-B40E7E29BF4B.jpeg

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

If you were on the 1-19 cruise, yes they did...Club 6. Or I was dreaming when we went there.

Well that’s interesting, we had no note in our cabin and saw nothing about it, granted we never tried to look for it.  Did we miss anything? Lol

22 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

Well that’s interesting, we had no note in our cabin and saw nothing about it, granted we never tried to look for it.  Did we miss anything? Lol

For some reason there seems to be a rash of stewards failing to put the info into people's cabins. It happened to us on our last cruise and I've seen other posts here about it happening to others. Very weird.  I hope that poor steward service won't become the new norm.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tucker in Texas said:

We were on the Star early January as Platinum and welcome in Skywalkers every night for happy hour.

And we did the Star last May and November both as Platinum and were able to attend the PES functions with no trouble at all. 

We we made it to Elite after the November cruise for our MR Thanksgiving Cruise on the Royal. At those functions we saw passengers with blue medallions in the PES lounge, though they were accompanied by Elite passengers. I have no idea if guesting is allowed as say at an airport lounge, but the waitstaff were happy to get drinks for everyone in that group. 

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

For some reason there seems to be a rash of stewards failing to put the info into people's cabins. It happened to us on our last cruise and I've seen other posts here about it happening to others. Very weird.  I hope that poor steward service won't become the new norm.

Same here....many people on our 13 day Caribbean Princess sailing from FLL to Quebec last July mentioned that the stewards did not deliver the notices for the lounge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

There's a Platinum, Elite, Suite lounge on Princess ships?  Interesting.

There is a special cocktail time from 4:30-6:30 most days.  Usually in Skywalkers.  They serve some slightly discounted cocktails and a special appetizer that changes each day as well as a few cheeses and crudités.  It is supposed to be for those categories, but others do go as guests.  It used to be that they can accompany you, but their drinks weren’t discounted to the special price of $6.50 for certain drinks.  Last week the guests with me received their drinks at the same prices I did. 

3 hours ago, polmcs said:

And we did the Star last May and November both as Platinum and were able to attend the PES functions with no trouble at all. 

We we made it to Elite after the November cruise for our MR Thanksgiving Cruise on the Royal. At those functions we saw passengers with blue medallions in the PES lounge, though they were accompanied by Elite passengers. I have no idea if guesting is allowed as say at an airport lounge, but the waitstaff were happy to get drinks for everyone in that group. 

Yes, Elite can take friends.  

We had over 900 Elites on our Crown Princess transatlantic cruise last fall and a similar number of Platinums. Both were allowed to go to the nightly event. They moved it to Club Fusion due to the number of people. They did have a notice by the door that it was only for Platinum, Elite, and Suite guests. And occasionally someone was checking medallions.