Using O air - what's maximum days deviation you've negotiated?

golfguyhhi

14 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Forget the  2 for 1  it means nothing  only works for Happy hour 🙂

Well said; this is the best definition of O's (cheesy trickery) yet.  The Happy Hour analogy is perfect! O is my preferred line but when exchanging travel tales with someone who has not heard of this line (and there are many outside of CC) I feel compelled to add in some sort of personal disclaimer due to this marketing scheme.

Sorry, did not answer the OP's question with my recent experience.

Purchased a deviation (+$ for PE, +$ for deviation admin, +$ for flight surcharge) to fly out of Florence just under two weeks from disembarkation in Rome. Add it up X2 ( their admin overhead is really the same for 1 as 2 but it is what it is) and it was a fair bit of extra money but but they selected good flights, better than what I originally found, so money well spent.

Summary:  were are able to fly out of a different city than where the cruise ended ~ two weeks after but that city is in the same country. If one were to disembark Rome and and want to fly out of Athens or Helsinki it could be a different matter or maybe allowed but additional flight surcharge.  You'll only know with a quote from O.

59 minutes ago, YoHoHo said:

You'll only know with a quote from O.

+1

That’s what you’re TA is there for! Let them  work a good deal for you. Too many people trying to overthink and personally over manage these processes. Tell your TA what you want and allow them to work the deal. As YoHoHo pointed out, it may be better than you could find on your own.

Yes, very confusing!

But, yes it would involve using Oceania Air,  which 2 for 1 air is included in the current promotion.

Anyhow, It doesn't look like we will make this happen.   Still a complex and interesting thought.  Perhaps one for a good TA or a good rep from Oceania!

If Oceania would automatically consider these two consecutive voyages to be what I am used to calling b2b, then that would be a factor.   As this might not qualify for the  current 2 for 1 promotion (which does state 'including air' because only the first Trans Atlantic voyage is listed for that.   Very limited sailings on this offer.

It sounds like you experts think that this might be the case.

And, I imagine we could get to Miami, with either miles or cash, and would be well worth it to only pay the amount to book the Oceania Air one way.  (specifics and a calculator would be needed !!!)

Edited by Wishing on a star

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

If Oceania would automatically consider these two consecutive voyages to be what I am used to calling b2b, then that would be a factor.   As this might not qualify for the  current 2 for 1 promotion (which does state 'including air' because only the first Trans Atlantic voyage is listed for that.   Very limited sailings on this offer.

It sounds like you experts think that this might be the case.

Please, as others have indicated before, TOTALLY ignore the 2 for 1 pricing. ALL Oceania cruises are priced 2 for 1 - that is their add gimmick.

Just please completely forget and never use the 2 for 1 pricing argument - there is no such thing.

As for air, it is ALWAYS included in the price but you can decline the air and get a credit for what they would charge you for the air; or just get air one way and get credit for the other air.

You really need an experienced Oceania TA who actually understands ALL this stuff.

Edited by Paulchili

I confess to having quickly skimmed through some of the later answers.  But it hasn't been unusual for us to book a cruise that ends in one city and then go to another, whether for a brief visit or the start of something else.  We simply make our own reservations for that.  There was a time when we regularly visited a bank in Switzerland to conduct business, and we would just take the train or a short flight -- on us.  It's not difficult or particularly expensive, depending on the starting and ending points.

Of course on private trips we routinely did this ... but we didn't have an option of "free" air on those trips ...

Maybe I'm totally missing the point ... it wouldn't be the first time!

Mura

14 hours ago, pinotlover said:

If WoaS is still babbling 2 for 1 silliness , at this point, there’s really nothing we can do to help! 

Call your TA!

1. O has been advertising 2 for 1 for a decade...it is ongoing on EVERY cruise whether  you book 1 to 100 cruises back to back. it is NOT  complex to understand

2 the term 2 for one is just a way of making it look  like the regular fare is a good deal  it is the regular fare. No one has been ever charged the "full fare" because the actual fare is the one listed as 2 for 1......Ok !

Air is Never free... you pay the additional charge on top of the basic cruise fare of 2 for 1. you pay extra to change dated.   You can elect to make the air travel either 1 way of round trip and get credit $$ for the portion you decline.

4. Olife is basically you paying for the extras  it is not a freebie extra given to you

That amigos is IT......got it

Edited by Hawaiidan

Wishing on a Star: I did the reverse of your B2B trip in 2018.  I was on the Sirena, Athens to Rome, Rome to Miami.  We were flying from Los Angeles.  The cheapest I could find on my own for business class was about $9000 per person.  I gave my TA the same flights and she presented them to Oceania.  Oceania booked our flights for about $3900 per person.  Much better! Because of the TransAtlantic cruise, Oceania was much less expensive than booking the same flights on my own.  Give your desired flights to your TA, then let him or her submit it to Oceania.  Then you can decide which works better for you.  As HawaiiDan and others have said, ignore the 2 for 1 promotion language.

Edited by Twiga
Typo