Best sale ever offer code question

aac1623

7 hours ago, ToyFoxFan said:

We are sailing on the Feb15 th  2020 cruise . I called Princess and asked to add on the offer. She told me my cruise was not eligible because it was the come back new offer and the sale didn't start till after March 26. Any help or advice?? TIA

Eligible sailing are from April 2020 onwards so if you are sailing in February then your cruise is not eligible

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Eligible sailing are from April 2020 onwards so if you are sailing in February then your cruise is not eligible

as far as you know … if a cruise is available to be booked under either bare bones OR booked with BSE...

does that automatically mean you can book the bare bones price, then ADD-ON BEST2DG ( without wifi ) since status minutes may be enough

15 minutes ago, voljeep said:

as far as you know … if a cruise is available to be booked under either bare bones OR booked with BSE...

does that automatically mean you can book the bare bones price, then ADD-ON BEST2DG ( without wifi ) since status minutes may be enough

Yes - this can be done.

I had two clients with bookings on Discovery in April 22. Both just regular pricing with no promo. One client was able to refare to BSE for no additional charge so ended up with all 3 perks without paying anything extra. The other client could not refare as she was in a sold out category (those amazing window suites) but I added on Grats and Drink Package using BEST2DG - she had no need for wifi as she is elite and has enough free minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yes - this can be done.

I had two clients with bookings on Discovery in April 22. Both just regular pricing with no promo. One client was able to refare to BSE for no additional charge so ended up with all 3 perks without paying anything extra. The other client could not refare as she was in a sold out category (those amazing window suites) but I added on Grats and Drink Package using BEST2DG - she had no need for wifi as she is elite and has enough free minutes.

Also, a TA can do this in Polar at the time of booking - it's just a code added in the first screen after category/fare selection.

It wouldn't surprise me to see that the BSE model of buying WITH perks or WITHOUT perks continues past Feb 29th. I would be surprised if the add-on feature continues, though. I'm not sure that was as well thought out as it should have been. I'm thinking that it was initially designed so that there wasn't a rush to refare and get lower pricing. However, as an add-on it's a no-brainer if you were planning on buying the drink package anyways!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

anything coming up for St. Valentines Day ?

$ 1 deposits ?

Gift Card Bonus ?

Nothing reported yet...

Alaska’s Best. Sale. Ever. (February 11 – 24, 2020)

For a limited time only - get drinks, Wi-Fi and gratuities included - PLUS up to $200 off on select Alaska cruisetours^! Book your Alaska vacation now. Hurry before this offer sails away!

Spring on Sale (January 7 – February 29, 2020)

Hurry and book now for huge savings on cruises sailing March and April 2020!

Offer:

• Up to 40% off†
  • Fares from $1 for 3rd and 4th guests‡
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2020 at 2:36 PM, cruisemel said:

Just called and added the Best2DG to my existing booking. Was super easy to do. I just made sure to stress that it was an add-on & not a refare & it was done! Thanks to all of the helpful advice I received from all of you!

I was just able to add the Best3DG to an existing booking as well.  For $40 a day pp and a small bump in my vacation protection ... I got all I want to make my cruise stress free!  I agree, it was super easy to do!  

Plus, they just came out with the Valentine's gift card promotion ... so the bonus card covered the bump in my insurance.  Win win!!

On 2/4/2020 at 4:50 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Yes - this can be done.

The other client could not refare as she was in a sold out category (those amazing window suites) but I added on Grats and Drink Package using BEST2DG - she had no need for wifi as she is elite and has enough free minutes.

We are also in a sold out category(window suite on Enchanted) and this is exactly what my TA was able to accomplish(BEST2DG).  

Hi - we've just added it to ours. We sail 4 April and I booked directly through Princess in July last year. I called Princess directly and they let us add it on. £35 each adult even after I'd paid the final balance. We didn't have to add it on for the children. We were going to pay for the drinks packages and wifi anyway, so for us it has worked out much cheaper. We just need to add the soda packages for the children! We definitely can't book our cabin now (for 4 - we can for 2).

(This is from the UK).

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share my experience. I booked my cruise using my Chase Ultimate Rewards points, through the Chase travel agent. At first they said they were only able to give me the BEST3 promo, so I booked with that, but then I took the advice here and called back and explained I wanted BEST2DG since I didn't want the wifi. They put me on hold while they called Princess and were able to swap out my promotion, refunding my points back to my account. Hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation.

• Like 1