Possible Downside to Using EZ-Air

JayRich65

4 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We simply booked our flights directly with the airline at a slightly higher price.  It is all about choices and EZAIr is only one choice.

Sometimes that isn't possible. Last year we booked flights on Virgin Atlantic that sold for more than $3,600 per person one way. I checked everywhere and the price was that high - until I looked at EZ Air. I booked the exact same flight numbers for $306 per person. The flights were slightly less than 10% of the cost anywhere else.

53 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Sometimes that isn't possible. Last year we booked flights on Virgin Atlantic that sold for more than $3,600 per person one way. I checked everywhere and the price was that high - until I looked at EZ Air. I booked the exact same flight numbers for $306 per person. The flights were slightly less than 10% of the cost anywhere else.

Agree.  But that does not show any downside to using EZAIr.   My point was that the OP was talking about a downside to EZAIr and we do not see it.  If one is not happy with EZAIr and its pricing they can always book other ways.  Choosing to pay more money would be their choice.

Hank

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

My guess is that you were originating in Europe. There are other options than the published fares one sees online 😀

5 hours ago, Globehoppers said:

Happened to me, as well.  Cruise line air consolidators are limited in what they can offer by cruise line rules.  For example, they may not show mid-morning flights since  a ship could be delayed clearing port security forcing ,missed flights/connections, directing all options to PM flights.  

EZAir cancelled our non stop 1:30 PM flight from LAX to Vancouver because Air Canada changed the departure to 12:30 PM. The 12:30 flight is + 5 hours after disembarkation (7:00 AM) in San Pedro and only 45 minutes outside EZAir rule. Next option through EZAir is an 8 hour wait at LAX, no thanks. Unless Princess will let us stay on board until 12 noon😉😁.

Looking for other options.

Theo

33 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

My guess is that you were originating in Europe. There are other options than the published fares one sees online 😀

We were flying Sacramento to London.

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Like the OP we recently faced a situation with Seabourn (who uses the same folks as EZAIr) in that we were not happy with the flights offered.  We simply booked our flights directly with the airline at a slightly higher price.  It is all about choices and EZAIr is only one choice.

My experience using EZAir for one way flights across the Atlantic (for economy seats) is that EZAir can save me $1000 to $2000 per person over booking directly with the airline.

On 2/4/2020 at 6:11 PM, Thrak said:

I think Delta is evil. They have changed my flights a number of times. Once they changed a flight from Sacramento to Seattle to Fairbanks and turned it into a flight from Sacramento to Los Angeles to Minneapolis/St. Paul to Fairbanks. No thanks. They have changed my return flight to one that left before the ship was due to dock. Nope. Last time they changed one of my flights to arrive half an hour after the next flight left. Nope, nope, nope.  I end up with Delta flights because they are pretty much what is available when I leave Sacramento or return there. Not because I like Delta. We're booked for flights to Australia this November. I won't hold my breath for Delta to not mess with the flights.

I agree with you Thrak.  One says all airlines fool around with times, cancellations, etc., but in reading these threads over the last few years when I started using EZair(bus./first) with no big changes so far, I have stayed far away from booking Delta even if they were less expensive.  You just hear about situations like the above, and when the airline is finally mentioned, more times than not it is Delta.  Have flown Air Canada, United, American, Alaska, British Airways, Lufthanza, and only have had flight number changes, plane type changes, and time changes(never more than 10 minutes, usually around 5 minutes).  I also pick flights that are non-stop or only 1 stop when necessary to avoid the nightmare scheduling(to me) that is mentioned above.  I am glad that my home airport is Denver so I can avoid all those connecting flights.

POOH

Our experience with major airline schedule changes has been awful with Delta, American, and United!  Does anyone see a pattern.  They are the 3 major US Airlines that all use the hub/spoke system.  They all take reservations 330 days in advance, but the truth is that their schedules are simply "advisory" and have little basis in reality.  That is why we prefer to fly Southwest and JetBlue...both of which generally keep to their schedules and have fewer delays because they do not use a hub/spoke system.  But when it comes to International we are often forced to use the 3 majors.  

Hank