Encore? Joy? Bliss?

bekbek4248

Hi! I’ve been reading and reading and reading about each ship and we are still left a little undecided about which to choose! We love fun and the sun and we are pretty laid back! Does anyone have a strong opinion on these three ships and which would be the best option? Similar pricing and similar itineraries. I’d love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much! 

I don't know if you are "Spa people", but it's important to note that the Joy does not have a thermal spa. The Joy does have a category of Suites called "Concierge Suites" that off some amenities above what you would get in a normal stateroom and below what you would get in the Haven. If you have kids, I have heard that the two bedroom Concierge Suites are laid out nicely.

All three ships have race tracks and laser tag. The Joy and the Encore have the Galaxy Pavilion, which is like a VR arcade. All three ships have Starbucks, a Cavern Club with Beatles tribute bands, large Observation Lounges, silent discos in The Social....

You might want to take a look at which main theater shows are offered on each ship if that's something that interests you. If I were picking simply based on shows, I would probably go with Encore.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Keep in mind Encore doesn’t have a Spice H2O and it also has less outdoor deck space because of an expanded Vibe. We’ve never sailed on the Joy, but my pick would be the Bliss. 

Good points since the OP mentioned being a sun lover.

3 hours ago, bekbek4248 said:

Hi! I’ve been reading and reading and reading about each ship and we are still left a little undecided about which to choose! We love fun and the sun and we are pretty laid back! Does anyone have a strong opinion on these three ships and which would be the best option? Similar pricing and similar itineraries. I’d love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much! 

The ships are sisters with similar features and configurations. We have sailed on all three and do not have a strong opinion on any of them. 

The Joy may be a little different because they pulled out things for the Chinese market and replace it with traditional NCL features. But you would have to be a frequent NCLer to notice. 

I would probably pick the Encore since she is newer with the latest features. But, again, I have no strong preference. 

56 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

On the flip side, Encore has the largest VIBE area and is probably the easiest to get passes for since there are many more passes available.

True. If you want Vibe passes, Encore would be the obvious choice.