Applying more than one FCC

Jeter02

I'm traveling solo can I use more than one future Cruise credit towards my booking? Also if you are allowed does that mean I will get double onboard credits for my future Cruise deposits as well? for example if I have a 14 day cruise with inside cabin till I get to onboard credits for $75 each?

19 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I'm traveling solo can I use more than one future Cruise credit towards my booking? Also if you are allowed does that mean I will get double onboard credits for my future Cruise deposits as well? for example if I have a 14 day cruise with inside cabin till I get to onboard credits for $75 each?

You can apply as many as you like, but you only earn ONE OBC credit per booking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

If you don't use a FCC, it will be refunded to you.

No. That I already know. But what I want to know is can I use two future Cruise credit deposits on one booking even though I'm traveling solo. And if I do that do I get to onboard credits for my to Future Cruise credits that I use.

24 minutes ago, Vexorg said:

You can use as many as you want, but only the first one will give you the OBC.  If you were booking multiple segments of a B2B you would presumably get one OBC for each segment.

If you book each segment separately you will get OBC for each segment to which you apply an FCC. This is another factor one must consider when booking multi-segment trips where you can book as a single booking or multiple ones. Sometimes the base fare for each segment sums to more than booking together, sometimes it's about the same or even a little less. Sometimes you'll need divine intervention (i.e. call Princess or your TA) to get the same cabin over multiple bookings as Princess holds cabin inventory for each possible booking combination. Splitting into two or more segments however may reduce the OBC you get for each segment as well. Not simple to figure out but you can save hundreds at times.

8 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

If you book each segment separately you will get OBC for each segment to which you apply an FCC. This is another factor one must consider when booking multi-segment trips where you can book as a single booking or multiple ones. Sometimes the base fare for each segment sums to more than booking together, sometimes it's about the same or even a little less. Sometimes you'll need divine intervention (i.e. call Princess or your TA) to get the same cabin over multiple bookings as Princess holds cabin inventory for each possible booking combination. Splitting into two or more segments however may reduce the OBC you get for each segment as well. Not simple to figure out but you can save hundreds at times.

Unfortunately, it's an actual 14 dayer in the med on the enchanted. Such a shame they won't give multiple obc when more than one FCC is used. Since I'm solo it's technically be equivalent to like 2 people in cabin, but what to do.

17 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Unfortunately, it's an actual 14 dayer in the med on the enchanted. Such a shame they won't give multiple obc when more than one FCC is used. Since I'm solo it's technically be equivalent to like 2 people in cabin, but what to do.

There was a vote. You needed a unanimous decision for get two FCC, you came up one vote short.

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

No. That I already know. But what I want to know is can I use two future Cruise credit deposits on one booking even though I'm traveling solo. And if I do that do I get to onboard credits for my to Future Cruise credits that I use.

You can use as many as you want, but only the first one will give you the OBC.

20 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

You can use as many as you want, but only the first one will give you the OBC.

I am on Regal now and I went to the FCC desk on board and asked your question.  Kevinthe IrishDJ is 100% correct.

7 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I am on Regal now and I went to the FCC desk on board and asked your question.  Kevinthe IrishDJ is 100% correct.

that was so very sweet of you. Thank you so much for going to extra miles me I do appreciate it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

so it doesn't matter that Jeter02 is sailing solo, and paying 2 fares - just like a couple would ?

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

so it doesn't matter that Jeter02 is sailing solo, and paying 2 fares - just like a couple would ?

Once again this goes with my famous saying of solo travelers discrimination.

• Like 1

I'd never waste one of my FCD certificates by using more than one on a single cruise. Yes, you get your $100 back as part of the cruise payment but the whole point of the FCD is to get extra OBC (and a reduced deposit of course). Why not just hang onto the other FCD for a future cruise?

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'd never waste one of my FCD certificates by using more than one on a single cruise. Yes, you get your $100 back as part of the cruise payment but the whole point of the FCD is to get extra OBC (and a reduced deposit of course). Why not just hang onto the other FCD for a future cruise?

No. I agree. I just have an overabundance of future Cruise credit and was thinking that I could hopefully if used to Future whose credits on this med Cruise tell produced the cost of this very expensive trip. And get the extra onboard credit to derail like an extra $100 off on top of the $100 I'm getting for the OBC of the initial FCC. Trying to be thrifty. Hahaha 

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

I made it explicitly clear we are talking about one person occupying a cabin and paying the amount for two PAX.  The answer was an emphatic one credit for the first FCC, no credit for the second.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

The only reason I can think of doing so would be if someone had an extra one that was about to expire. It would be better to apply it to a booking than wait for the check to come in the mail. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, voljeep said:

9 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I made it explicitly clear we are talking about one person occupying a cabin and paying the amount for two PAX.  The answer was an emphatic one credit for the first FCC, no credit for the second.

I just want to make sure everyone knows that in my response to voljeep I was saying that I made it explicitly clear to the woman working the FCD desk.  That phrase was not directed at anyone on Cruise Critic.

• Haha 1