Pricing drops after final payment

SandiLynn

The price of my cruise just went down $100ish but it's after final payment. We normally cruise with Carnival and they will give you onboard credit for the difference If you call and ask for it. I have done this on two of six cruises, both after final payment. Does Royal? We are on Majesty 4/11. Thanks for any help

It depends. We once had a cruise where the price went down the next day after final payment and we called and they gave us some OBC (not the difference, but it was nice). It never hurts to ask, but I wouldn't have high expectations if it's been some time.

47 minutes ago, wellsme1 said:

Received a $272 refund and $100 OBC yesterday, a week after our final payment for a May 2020 cruise. We were surprised. Give them a call.

Making final payment and final payment date are two different things. If you make your final payment before the due date then you'll get a refund for the difference. If you are past the final payment due date then there is no compensation.

54 minutes ago, wellsme1 said:

Received a $272 refund and $100 OBC yesterday, a week after our final payment for a May 2020 cruise. We were surprised. Give them a call.

Was that an early May cruise? We have may cruise and our final payment doesn't hit until Sunday. Our May 9th cruise final payment is 2/9/2020. We did get a 1K discount a few days ago on a suite. It was sweet. 

1 hour ago, wellsme1 said:

You received it because your cruise was more than 90 days away. You were not at the final payment due date yet

Edited by cruisinfanatic

17 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Making final payment and final payment date are two different things. If you make your final payment before the due date then you'll get a refund for the difference. If you are past the final payment due date then there is no compensation.

We made the final payment on the day it was due, not before. I didn’t think we could get any refunds, let alone OBC after that date, but we did.

We have to thank a member our Roll Call for bringing it to our attention.

9 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

You received it because your cruise was more than 90 days away. You were not at the final payment due date yet

Then I wonder why out TA said they were taking the final payment on 1/28 of the payment wasn’t due? Yes, tomorrow it will be 90 days. Either way I’m glad we made out better. 

6 minutes ago, wellsme1 said:

Then I wonder why out TA said they were taking the final payment on 1/28 of the payment wasn’t due? Yes, tomorrow it will be 90 days. Either way I’m glad we made out better. 

Due by the ta, but not the cruiseline until 90 days. TA's can ask for final payment any time they feel like it

18 minutes ago, wellsme1 said:

We made the final payment on the day it was due, not before. I didn’t think we could get any refunds, let alone OBC after that date, but we did.

We have to thank a member our Roll Call for bringing it to our attention.

No, you made the final payment the day the TA said it was due which is usually a week or more prior to Royals final payment date.  Your sailing on Ovation May 7 would not have final payment due to Royal until tomorrow, 90 days prior to sailing.