Suite Lounge question

louv2000

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not really, unless they restrict SL to STAR.

It's trully all about timing.  Allure has around 20 seats along the window, 12 at the bar, maybe 30 more in the middle. Over 150 Sky Class folks eligible.  Around 50 STAR Class. Do the math.

But in this case, it's going to be crowded because we have cold weather and 11 out of 12 days are at sea. 😉

Not a lot of places to hang out

Lots of other bars on the ship.Why restrict regular Suite Guest (Sky) from SL?

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Look, all I'm saying is banning Pins from the SL, your constant solution, may or may not alleviate crowding if a lot of Sky folks decide to visit at the same time. I also realized recently that even STAR folks like to visit up there for the views, especially when weather is nasty

Forgot to include that I feel that Royal should probably load 3 free drinks on the sea pass of Suite guests on a top heavy cruise.

I understand that in general conditions, the SL is the only venue that non Diamond suite guests can utilize for free drinks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Look, all I'm saying is banning Pins from the SL, your constant solution, may or may not alleviate crowding if a lot of Sky folks decide to visit at the same time. I also realized recently that even STAR folks like to visit up there for the views, especially when weather is nasty

I never said ban Pins In entirety. I have suggested limiting the amount permitted on top heavy cruises. How that is accomplished or what number that is, is unknown to me. 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Forgot to include that I feel that Royal should probably load 3 free drinks on the sea pass of Suite guests on a top heavy cruise.

I understand that in general conditions, the SL is the only venue that non Diamond suite guests can utilize for free drinks

We always get the drink package so adding 3 Diamond Drinks (aka NA) has no advantage for us. SL for the view. 

• Like 1

I never said ban Pins In entirety. I have suggested limiting the amount permitted on top heavy cruises. How that is accomplished or what number that is, is unknown to me. 

It would be asier to ban them all. And while the recent 50th Birthday cruise did have some restrictions to CK, there were zero restrictions in the SL.

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

SL for Suites is an Amenity and paid for each cruise. SL for Pinnacle is a C&A Perk. 

I don't get your point.

Both are entitled to go. 

But lets take it further. Does STAR deserve more than Sky? Should a Genie be able to reserve a window seat in the SL? I've seen them claim seats in Schooner.

There were 11, and now 13 STAR cabins on Oasis. Lower berth occupancy is 38, full capacity is 78. Typical is around 56. 

Sky Class is around 170 at lower berth, full capacity around 340. Typical is probably 250.

Thats a lot of people regardless of the Pins, and GS is the bottom rung of the suite passengers. 

Think about it

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

But lets take it further. Does STAR deserve more than Sky? Should a Genie be able to reserve a window seat in the SL? I've seen them claim seats in Schooner.

If someone asked...I"m sure they would.  For context I asked the Genie our first time Star for all window seats every time we ate and she did that.....but.....I felt a little bad because it literally meant when we showed up at the restaurant she was sitting in the seat making sure the restaurant didn't give it away.  I don't make specific requests like that anymore.....too much time spent with Nuns in my youth I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

If someone asked...I"m sure they would.  For context I asked the Genie our first time Star for all window seats every time we ate and she did that.....but.....I felt a little bad because it literally meant when we showed up at the restaurant she was sitting in the seat making sure the restaurant didn't give it away.  I don't make specific requests like that anymore.....too much time spent with Nuns in my youth I suppose.

On one of the President's cruises, there was an 8 top with a STAR placard. It was next to the window and generally empty. Plus they have the big one with silly chairs.

The math tells me that max guests exceed max capacity, no surprise there, it's true of all venues. The question is how should they manage capacity control for SL/CK. Dare I suggest equitably, however you define that. Star > Sky > P? Fare paid? First come? Take a number? Cruise planner? Lottery? Even/odd rotation? Saving seats? Fifties under the counter to the maitre d'? Recorded announcements a la Windjammer (eat and then get lost)? Whatever they do, someone will be unhappy that they can't get in or get a window seat. I don't care, I'd eat in the galley. Food arrives quicker. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

One way to control CK is to give a bigger discount on Unlimited Dinning.... we have it on our next cruise and will only visit CK for dinner the first night.... have to have the CK filet for sure  

The solution there is to go back to two really awesome menus, instead of two good, two ok, and three bleh. Then it wouldn't matter as much when you went.

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

There were 11, and now 13 STAR cabins on Oasis. Lower berth occupancy is 38, full capacity is 78. Typical is around 56. 

Sky Class is around 170 at lower berth, full capacity around 340. Typical is probably 250.

Thats a lot of people regardless of the Pins, and GS is the bottom rung of the suite passengers. 

Think about it

Star Class- Absolutely should Trump all.  If they want window seats, so be it. We just want a seat in Sky Class. 

it seems like with all the Suite Guest numbers you posted, your advocating for the elimination of P’s. Lol

1 hour ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

I don't know how it is on other ships that have Coastal Kitchen but on the Beautiful Anthem of the Seas if you see something on the menu for the main dining room your server will try and get it for you. We have done this many times. They really do aim to please.

They attempted that on Oasis. 

Laura and I were going to go to MDR for lamb night. The CK manager wouldn't here of it and said they could make want we wanted up there. 

But somehow my favorite asian pork tacos turned into a nacho plate from El Loco. 🤣🤣Obviously something got lost in translation. 

But they did try.

So my advice is go to the venue that makes what you want in the future. 

Star Class- Absolutely should Trump all.  If they want window seats, so be it. We just want a seat in Sky Class. 

it seems like with all the Suite Guest numbers you posted, your advocating for the elimination of P’s. Lol

No, we just have to all get along and share. 

As far as a seat, you just never know.

I thought the Allure TA was going to be a challenge,  so I booked according.  Now I'm not sure it will be as big of a situation as the fall TA is working out to be.

If Royal thinks its a problem, they will adjust.

Nothing is guaranteed to anyone regardless if it's an amenity or a perk as far as I can tell. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought the Allure TA was going to be a challenge,  so I booked according.  Now I'm not sure it will be as big of a situation as the fall TA is working out to be.

Nothing is guaranteed to anyone regardless if it's an amenity or a perk as far as I can tell. 

I would hate to be the one making that decision between Suite Guests and Pinnacle’s, if it comes down to it. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I’ll let you know how the Fall TA goes, I’ll be a common D+ in a GS. I would expect lots more Pins in the Fall, especially given that the Presidents cruise is the week before. Unfortunate for some of us.

I find this continued discussion interesting and also very difficult to solve. I keep coming back to the same conclusion—— that there is not as big a problem as CC thinks there is. 4 Oasis ships, 200 sailings a year, and maybe, what, 3 top heavy cruises this year? That’s 1.5%. Of course if it’s your one cruise this year, then it’s 100%. There is enough space on those ships to use overflow areas if needed. 

I do agree Star Class comes first, and not just because I have three booked in the next two years. There is a level of exclusivity marketed and expected of those accommodations, and you certainly are paying for it. 

Finally, we did our first Suite on Celebrity last month and found the restaurant and lounge to be relaxed and uncrowded at any time we were there, then again I think the number of Zenith’s on Celebrity is not the same impact as Pin’s on Royal. 

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1