Alaska best itinerary-help please

JayneHL

Looking to book an Alaska cruise next year, summer 2021, during RCCI Wow sale. I will be booking possibly three balcony state rooms. Our party will consist of myself, my husband, daughter and son-in-law and adult son. We have never been to Alaska before, which is the best itinerary, northbound or southbound?, realizing that is subject to personal taste. Is it better to fly into Seattle and cruise north or fly into Alaska and cruise south back to Seattle? Is there a cruise that has both the embankment and disembarkment at the same port?And does it make a difference on what side of the ship to book the balcony state rooms for the best possible viewing opportunities? Any help, suggestions you could provide will be greatly appreciated! Happy cruising to all! 😎😊

I've done Northbound twice and loved it minus the flying home late at night from Anchorage. (Planes do not leave from Anchorage during the day) The Hubbard Glacier is stunning, it is your last day. That Itinerary is just wonderful. 

16 hours ago, JayneHL said:

Looking to book an Alaska cruise next year, summer 2021, during RCCI Wow sale. I will be booking possibly three balcony state rooms. Our party will consist of myself, my husband, daughter and son-in-law and adult son. We have never been to Alaska before, which is the best itinerary, northbound or southbound?, realizing that is subject to personal taste. Is it better to fly into Seattle and cruise north or fly into Alaska and cruise south back to Seattle? Is there a cruise that has both the embankment and disembarkment at the same port?And does it make a difference on what side of the ship to book the balcony state rooms for the best possible viewing opportunities? Any help, suggestions you could provide will be greatly appreciated! Happy cruising to all! 😎😊

To do a northbound you will start in Vancouver and southbound will be Seward.  

Seattle and Vancouver are the two ports that have round trip itineraries.  

On the northbound we prefer starboard and southbound port side.  

Hope this helps!