Celebrity Summit - Have they put tables back in the cabins?yet?

Luv2Crus40

Last year we cruised in May after Celebrity did the renovation on the Summit.  We noted they took out the large couch and put in a useless large chair.  They also removed the table from the cabin so you have to drag in the balcony table (also smaller than before) into the cabin to put the food tray on when you order from room service.  Many Summit passengers had commented that they were disappointed with these changes.

Have they provided a table in the room yet?   Or put the couches back?  Would love to know if they made these improvements as we sail on the Summit again in about 2 months. 

Thanks for any information.

• Like 1

Three things I really disliked about our AQ room last June were:

-The lack of a table for the room service tray, drinks, snacks, etc.

-The large chair.  Rock hard and non-functional.

-The wall lamp on one side of the bed that was too far from the bed to turn on/off.

We were on Summit  about 9 months ago in a AQ and no tables in room and only the 1/2 sofa.    I brought the Cocktail table from the Balcony in to use to set my coffee on, otherwise I would have had to set it on the floor.  

1 hour ago, Tomato53 said:

Three things I really disliked about our AQ room last June were:

-The lack of a table for the room service tray, drinks, snacks, etc.

-The large chair.  Rock hard and non-functional.

-The wall lamp on one side of the bed that was too far from the bed to turn on/off.

I had hoped that they would correct these deficiencies by now.

49 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were on Summit  about 9 months ago in a AQ and no tables in room and only the 1/2 sofa.    I brought the Cocktail table from the Balcony in to use to set my coffee on, otherwise I would have had to set it on the floor.  

Hey guys!   Don't you have a cruise coming up soon?  Love following your reviews! We were on the Summit just before you last year.   Love the Summit  but disappointed they didn't return the tables, at least. 

I'm dreading my next post-revolution cruise.

We were in the Summit in a suite, and they had 2 of these hard-to-describe white sort of small tables,  almost looked like tv tables from when you were a kid in the 50's and 60's.  They were big enough for a room service tray, but didn't take up much space.  Why can't they put those in ALL the cabins since they have taken out the real table?  And that half chair sounds awful - who can sit on that?  The moron who designed the cabins (what was her name?  Hopper?) was a real idiot who was entranced with form over substance.  I, too, was hoping someone had come to their senses and made the cabins functional again.

14 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Hey guys!   Don't you have a cruise coming up soon?  Love following your reviews! We were on the Summit just before you last year.   Love the Summit  but disappointed they didn't return the tables, at least. 

I was rather disappointed also.   It was our first time in AQ and found it difficult to do things like eat breakfast in our room.  We did have a wonderful time.   I understand they are changing a number of things so hopefully they will get around to adding tables back to the room.

We will next be sailing in about 30 day on Equinox for a B2B2B.    We haven't done Caribbean in quite awhile and having visiting almost all the ports may be a very boring blog.   We will have to see what we can do to spice things up.   This cruise will also be in AQ.   It started out as our free Zenith cruise but we ended up adding a couple more cruises on to it.  

tables are good but how do you watch the tv from ' over there'. now how about putting a full sofa back in. 

we usually just eat on the bed in that case. makes it homey 🙂

i did love the mini suite on princess. full sofa and 2nd tv to watch across from it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

tables are good but how do you watch the tv from ' over there'. now how about putting a full sofa back in. 

we usually just eat on the bed in that case. makes it homey 🙂

i did love the mini suite on princess. full sofa and 2nd tv to watch across from it. 

I would have to agree with you on this one.     It made no sense to me as there is a huge gap of about 2 to 3 feet between the sofa and end table to the bed.   The decision was obvious the poor design of Kelly who thought it looked nice but never tried living with it.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would have to agree with you on this one.     It made no sense to me as there is a huge gap of about 2 to 3 feet between the sofa and end table to the bed.   The decision was obvious the poor design of Kelly who thought it looked nice but never tried living with it.

nor laying on the bed to turn off that one light high on the wall. i wonder how many levels of approval there are to get designs implemented. thats X times the failure. i wonder if they will supply one of those grab bar things for high shelves to turn it off

Just now, luckyinpa said:

nor laying on the bed to turn off that one light high on the wall. i wonder how many levels of approval there are to get designs implemented. thats X times the failure. i wonder if they will supply one of those grab bar things for high shelves to turn it off

I have to agree.   That is a major design flaw.   Having to get out of bed to turn off the light was really a design flaw.   How hard would it have been to put a switch next to the bed.  

I believe they should have made Hooper sleep in any of her cabins for a couple weeks to understand her design.   Better yet how hard would it have been for Celebrity to have a passenger focus group to check out a mock up and give them feedback. 

• Like 1

Cracks me up because we have always hated those tables. But then again after 20+ X cruises we have never used room service even once. We are always traveling with others and go eat meals with them. The tables just got in the way. But as we always read here on the boards, different strokes for different folks. 

In suites we always eat breakfast in our room.  Our first Aqua experience on Summit  we found that possibility impossible so ended up eating in either Retreat or CC Breakfast.  

3FD1DE79-EE8C-4F14-88D0-6893C575B8DD.thumb.png.51983499cc0b4580be354167c58f3fcd.png

They replaced sofa with this. 

91399043-E596-48A4-8F49-B4021B18E9B4.thumb.jpeg.48f7db1f2b76e70db50b76c9667aa8b4.jpeg

This is the table I brought in. 

DB099D46-0D83-4F80-9190-399858636582.thumb.jpeg.ffa700ab686b9e12fe5f6a8c189a58a1.jpeg

In fairness, that’s the size of chair that there’s always been in the standard M class balcony cabins - it’s only Aqua & Concierge that had sofas. Also, am I right in thinking that Kelly Hoppen only designed the suites, not the other cabins, so isn’t responsible for these issues?

• 1 month later...