Effy gift certificate for marriage renewal vows

zahav1

I’m trying to make sense of this gift certificate. I haven’t approached customer relations yet

we are on the Crown and participated in marriage renewal vows ceremony. 

Received an Effy certificate  - see below the wording:

“thank you for joining us to celebrate your love and renew your vows.  We wish you all the happiness in the world, and many exciting journeys together

in honor of your special occasion please enjoy a $250 Effy Jewelry gift certificate from Effy and all of us at Princess Cruises.   Bring this card to the Effy store on board to redeem your certificate“

well this was two days ago and just went to Effy.  They tell me that the special selection table for this certificate is gone.  What special selection?  Nothing about this on the certificate.  Well maybe later tonight they’ll have some clearance items that I can purchase with this certificate, what??

i want to get a pair of earrings but I can’t use this certificate on any of the items currently in the cases. 

I’m not buying anything at this point. But, what a scam and Princess must know about this.  They’ll have a riot soon, they were about 400 couples who received this certificate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Wow...but I'm not surprised that important details about the redemption are missing.

Effy or Princess dropped the ball on this one for sure.

What a shame.

Effy IMHO is overpriced paste in bad taste so nothing lost.

Now if it had been your wedding anniversary you would have received something of value...a voucher for 2 meals at a specialty restaurant.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zahav1 said:

“thank you for joining us to celebrate your love and renew your vows.  We wish you all the happiness in the world, and many exciting journeys together

in honor of your special occasion please enjoy a $250 Effy Jewelry gift certificate from Effy and all of us at Princess Cruises.   Bring this card to the Effy store on board to redeem your certificate“

and then comes the * … ** … and other qualifications

Here on the Royal, the Effy store has nothing less than $550.  And yet, just last week I could have purchased a pendant from Effy for less than $250.  

I asked if I could use the certificate next week on my back to back, figuring that there would be more selection after the Vows cruise but the answer was no.  I let them know that it was just another Effy comeon/scam.

I read about the Effy gift certificate being given to the couples who participated in the vow renewal ceremony on 

Princess  ships recently and was not impressed.

A few years ago, my Dh and  I were on the Regal Princess and found ourselves drawn into an Effy raffle held in the Effy store. It was mostly a sales presentation that went on for a seemingly long time. That experience has caused me to have very little interest in the Effy products which are touted on Princess ships and are also available at the Macy’s store in my area.

I am not surprised that the offered $250 gift certificate is accompanied by caveats. If I was one of the vow renewal participants and found that the certificate was useful toward the purchase of limited Effy merchandise that was no longer available to me, I would be discussing my displeasure with the situation beginning with the Passenger Services manager and the Captain Circle Host with escalation up the chain of command if necessary.

I would not be disappointed in not being able to use the certificate for an Effy purchase, but with being offered something of value as a gift,realizing that it is not,in fact,  a valuable gift As someone posted here on this thread, I would be more impressed with Princess gifting me and my DH with a complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant or a bottle of fine champagne. Either of those two offerings would be more tasteful to me than anything that the Effy store could offer.

• Like 2