obstructed view grand cabins

rescuemom

The link above that Renmar provided is your best resource. We had E120 on the Grand in January of this year, and it was great. It's one of the cabins that look out onto the upper promenade. It's tucked back in the corner, so no traffic going past, and the view was good. The added bonus to that cabin is that it's near the forward door that goes right out onto Promenade. I don't know that passengers are actually suppose to use that door, but we've done it many times and nobody ever complained. This cabin is forward, so if there's any motion to be had, that cabin will have it. We like this, but you may not.

Also, the cabins that look out over the small boats are good.

Another vote for Renmar's site!  I booked an obstructed on the Caribbean Princess, E319, site shows the window is between 2 lifeboats.  Deck plan shows this way, too but I always double check.  There are some cables, no big deal, at least not a lifeboat blocking the daylight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paula B said:

If you find the one you like and book it make sure to tell your travel agent to mark it No Upgrade unless it is a balcony.

This is important because a cabin more towards the center of the ship is considered and "upgrade" by Princess, even if the cabin has a completely blocked view.  

The site suggested is excellent, I've used it many times with success to select cabins, this is our "favorite" category.  We spend little time in the cabin, she doesn't care for balcony's but does appreciate a bit of daylight.  

An excellent value.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:37 AM, Sea Hag said:

The link above that Renmar provided is your best resource. We had E120 on the Grand in January of this year, and it was great. It's one of the cabins that look out onto the upper promenade. It's tucked back in the corner, so no traffic going past, and the view was good. The added bonus to that cabin is that it's near the forward door that goes right out onto Promenade. I don't know that passengers are actually suppose to use that door, but we've done it many times and nobody ever complained.

cruise  raider, there is no pic out the window of E 120 on renmars site. does it actually look out onto the promenade so that people walking by can look in? we are looking at a 2 week cruise and just want to be able to get some light, and save some money for the excursions! and we love walking the promenade deck, so many ships dont have one anymore. 

22 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We happen to like E605 and E619 ... both nice and quiet with very limited obstruction.  

PS  - I also use Renmar's site 

619 and 618 are on either side of the laundry, was that an issue? I havent ever used one on a cruise, but for a 14 day cruise I most likely will, especially if its next door.....

9 minutes ago, rescuemom said:

cruise  raider, there is no pic out the window of E 120 on renmars site. does it actually look out onto the promenade so that people walking by can look in? we are looking at a 2 week cruise and just want to be able to get some light, and save some money for the excursions! and we love walking the promenade deck, so many ships dont have one anymore. 

It's back in the corner, so people don't walk by. I went over to the window first day out and tried to look in. Couldn't see a thing. The only way we found to see in was if it was dark outside and the lights were on in the cabin. The upper promenade is closed at night, and we shut our curtains after dark. People looking in at you isn't a problem.

We stayed in E620 on the Grand last year. The view between two life boats was great and there was no noise or disturbance at all from being across the door to the self service laundry. In fact, that was quite nice when we had to do our own laundry. You can also just Google the cabin number and go to Images to get an idea of the view out the window.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rescuemom said:

619 and 618 are on either side of the laundry, was that an issue? I havent ever used one on a cruise, but for a 14 day cruise I most likely will, especially if its next door.....

I've stayed in neither of these however, have stayed next to & across from laundry's several times.  I've always been amazed how little noise I heard (basically none).  Now, now doubt different folks have different sensitivities, but it hasn't been an issue for us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rescuemom said:

The screenshot below shows the position of the stairs (circled in red) and where E120 is. Nobody goes past the window of E120. 

These cabins, E101 to E121, weren't always classified as obstructed, and that's probably why they aren't on Renmar's site. If I had half a brain, I would have taken a photo of the view from E120 and sent it to Renmar.  As it is, I can tell you that the view is substantially similar to E102 as shown for the Crown/Emerald/Ruby. You're looking out across some decking.

grand.JPG.ca1f3d5a4489b04be39ef10610800914.JPG

25 minutes ago, rescuemom said:

Never heard a thing and we've booked that room (E619) a few times!!  On the Grand class ships.  Very convenient for pressing a shirt or a pair of slacks!!  

I wouldn't picked E618 because it is beneath a lounge, whereas E619 is under the photo area so no noise whatsoever and the laundry room has never been an issue.  There are heavy steel double doors on either side.  We've actually never seen anyone in there but even if we did, the laundry room is very well insulated.  The view from the window ... very unobstructed!  We'll keep it our little secret, though ... hahaha 

Us and everyone on CC.  😉 

22 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We happen to like E605 and E619 ... both nice and quiet with very limited obstruction.  

PS  - I also use Renmar's site 

E630 and E631 are also good. Very little obstruction. Much like the ones you listed.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We've booked E621 for next year, presumably it will be very similar with regard to footfall and views as E620.  Does anyone have any photos of the interior of the room? I've seen from Renmar's site the view from the window but would love to see what the inside of the room looks like.

10 hours ago, freckles2 said:

We've booked E621 for next year, presumably it will be very similar with regard to footfall and views as E620.  Does anyone have any photos of the interior of the room? I've seen from Renmar's site the view from the window but would love to see what the inside of the room looks like.

Here are some pictures of the interior of E620. Hope you have an awesome cruise! I’m very jealous...

2A2C822E-85EF-4ADD-B675-B7E6FBD27325.jpeg

204A489E-7DF4-4B5E-A929-53CCA595AB50.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, freckles2 said:

Thank you, that looks like a decent size room.

The layout was good. It never felt cramped. There’s a good spot under the window for shoes, bags etc. The tv is perfectly positioned to watch movies in bed and the onboard movie selection was excellent. We loved the Grand. 

3 hours ago, Dievlieger said:

The layout was good. It never felt cramped. There’s a good spot under the window for shoes, bags etc. The tv is perfectly positioned to watch movies in bed and the onboard movie selection was excellent. We loved the Grand. 

That's good to know, we're on her for 24 nights next year 🙂 

On 2/14/2020 at 8:33 AM, Renmar said:

Theo, I use that web site every single time I book a Princess cruise, and say a loud shoutout (in my mind) to you every time!  I even told a few of my Big Box TA staff about it, and they were thrilled to know about it, too.  Helps immensely when they are helping people pick a cabin.

Thank you, thank you:  you are a cruising god!

Happy Youtube GIF by Armaan Malik

Edited by pcur

Not cruising in a room  with no access to fresh air. I too  have used this site and gotten some excellent deals. Not worth the risk anymore, in my opinion. If you want this type of room, it should be easier.