Are the overwater cabanas worth it at CocoCay?

Hey Everyone 

Just wondering thoughts on if the overwater cabanas are worth it? I feel like it’s a lot the same as the Beach Club Pass? Am I missing something? If we get the drink pack on the ship, my understanding is drink are then included at the beach club, lunch is included, and umbrellas and chairs so I’m trying to figure out where the value is at for the over water cabanas...I mean, aside from being in a cabana itself.

Can anyone enlighten me on this cause I feel like I’m maybe missing something. Thanks 🙏 

As the old saying goes, Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Whether the bungalows are worth it or not is going to be different for everyone and what is their line in the sand limit.  Some people will think they are a waste of money at any price, some will think they are the perfect getaway at a certain price point, some will think they are a perfect getaway at any price point.

We are in the middle group. We have one reserved for our next cruise.  The value to us is a larger covered shared space where the whole family can gather and is dedicated to us.  We can move around yet still be in "our" space. We will have couches, a table and chairs, loungers, a slide for the kids, an over water hammock, and a button to order drinks and food.  My husband particularly likes the usb port to plug into if needed as he will be doing some work.  Who can argue with working while sitting on a couch looking over the ocean?

We got it for a good price on Black Friday, less than an excursion to swim with Dolphins would be.  But we have our limits. I would NOT be paying the current $2,000 - $4,500 people are reporting.  

We purchased an over water cabana for our upcoming March 1st cruise. Originally we booked for $1299 which was about our limit price wise. Last week it went down to $999 so it was even better. As cured stated we like having a place to gather, there are only 4 of us so for us it's a perfect place to relax.

ok, lets not forget that the $$ is not for just one person.  It's meant for groups. So the 2 grand is 250pp if you have 8. Better than a 5 min zipline ride for over $100.

But i would never do it unless i could maximize the value.

2 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

$2,000 will pay for another cruise. 

Not for a family of 6. Ours was $250 per person. No way can we take a 7 day cruise in the summer high season (job restrictions) for $250 a person.

As I said, everyone has their own ideas of what constitutes value to them and what they are willing to spend money on. Nobody is wrong, just different preferences. 

26 minutes ago, csnarpy said:

ok, lets not forget that the $$ is not for just one person.  It's meant for groups. So the 2 grand is 250pp if you have 8. Better than a 5 min zipline ride for over $100.

But i would never do it unless i could maximize the value.

We did not book one for our upcoming cruise because the water park is a requirement for my kids this trip (so we have a thrill water park cabana for $299) - but if we had 2 families / group of 6-8 and maybe two days at CocoCay to do water park one day and this another   - we would definitely be considering it more.   For our April cruise - the price has never been above $1199 that I have seen (which is also the current price)...I think it was about $999 when first released and was at 1100 a month ago for a bit..

I definitely think the regular Coco Beach Club Cabanas at $550 for our cruise are better than the Chill Island Cabanas if you have a group!    Friends of ours are a group of 6 - I have definitely suggested it to them if they were looking for something to splurge on.   They seem bigger, better appointed, and come with beach club amenities.   But - to each there own...with a group of 4 - the price point is too high for  ‘just us’.