TRANSFERS AUCKLAND AIRPORT TO CRUISE TERMINAL

I find that supershuttle.co.nz is best.  It is 'door to door' to or from the ship.  When a cruise ship is in port pretty much all the passengers are heading for the cruise ship or from the ship to the airport so it is a fast service.  You can book and prepay or just pay the driver on arrival.

We used the supershuttle last year and regretted it.  We had booked it but still had to sit at the airport waiting for walk ons so the the shuttle would have a full load.  Then we made a detour to drop someone off along the way to the city.  Took forever especially when we were just about the last stop in the city.  

We used Discount Taxis to get back to the airport  - so much better.  Only cost $40NZ cash.

6 hours ago, Mr&MrsCookie said:

We used the supershuttle last year and regretted it.  We had booked it but still had to sit at the airport waiting for walk ons so the the shuttle would have a full load.  Then we made a detour to drop someone off along the way to the city.  Took forever especially when we were just about the last stop in the city.  

We used Discount Taxis to get back to the airport  - so much better.  Only cost $40NZ cash.

We have had the same experience with a shuttle bus in Sydney. We had to wait quite a while before it departed, then made many stops, with the cruise terminal last. I will check into the Discount Taxi option. Thanks.

P.S. The reviews I read on Trip Advisor weren't good, but they were from a couple of years ago. I am aware that people are probably more inclined to post a review if they aren't happy with a service. We have caught countless taxis over the years and never posted a review.

Question for Mr & Mrs Cookie - have you used the Discount Taxis in the last year or to, and if so, how were they?

Edited by Aus Traveller

On 2/18/2020 at 3:22 PM, Aus Traveller said:

We have had the same experience with a shuttle bus in Sydney. We had to wait quite a while before it departed, then made many stops, with the cruise terminal last. I will check into the Discount Taxi option. Thanks.

Same happened to us in Sydney. Swore we never get caught like that again. Sometimes worth paying a few extra dollars.

We are on the same cruise but as we live in Auckland we don't have a problem with having to get a shuttle / taxi to the cruise port - My mum or sister will probably drop us off

I hope you're not flying into Auckland on the same day as the cruise - that's the one big piece of advice I got from CC members when taking our first cruise out of Sydney in 2018... anything can happen such as delayed flights, lost luggage, fog (Auckland airport has had to close the odd time for fog, but mainly early morning until fog clears). We flew into Sydney the day prior and stayed in a hotel near the port - for piece of mind

the cheapest way to get to Princes wharf from the Airport is the sky bus - we've used it a couple of times and it's a great service..... but they do make a few stops between the airport and the CBD, so if you're in a hurry it will not be the best option.

A taxi will the quickest and the most direct, but not the cheapest. you can also try super shuttle - you can pay more and book an 'exclusive use' shuttle - meaning you have it to yourself and they won't stop for other passengers...