Cost of specialty restaurant

chismrules

Hey I have looked at this site as well as P&O and haven't found it. Will be on Arcadia in July 28 to Norway. Can you tell me how much the couple of specialty rest. are and do they run any discount nights like the first one etc. Or a 1/2 price wine for example.  Thanks Debbie

Prices vary depending on which restaurant you choose but they do offer the occasional discounts. They will be announced in the daily Horizon newspaper. If you look on your cruise personaliser  later on when you can start booking them all the prices will be on there.

Edited by Adawn47

If you go to FAQ section of P&O website at bottom of home page then click on Life on Board section on page 8 it states"Can I see an example of a menu" if you click on that then scroll to bottom of page there is a link to cover charges of all speciality restaurants on all ships.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chismrules said:

Hey I have looked at this site as well as P&O and haven't found it. Will be on Arcadia in July 28 to Norway. Can you tell me how much the couple of specialty rest. are and do they run any discount nights like the first one etc. Or a 1/2 price wine for example.  Thanks Debbie

Nearer the time of the cruise, you will have the opportunity to book speciality restaurants online. I recently booked Epicurean for the Iona maiden cruise and on the first night, the cost is £14 whereas every other night apart from the Norwegian tasting menu (£25), it is £23. 
On Iona, Sindhu is bookable in advance with a £5 reservation fee deducted from the final bill and items are priced individually (although they haven’t yet indicated prices). Whether this is going to be rolled out across the fleet has not been revealed yet I don’t think. Online Sindhu bookings qualify for a free dessert.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chismrules said:

We were on Arcadia in November and they did a 25% off the cover charge, I think it lasted for the first 2 evenings. Below is a link to the cover charges.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/cover_charges

• Like 1

Thank you, they have a different site for P&OAmerica  and the select dinning is listed as Arcadian Rhodes and The Orchid. Are they just out of date, is this what use to be on the Arcadia? They only have one company that books P&O in America and the lady that booked me didn't know much. I believe I pd. more to the American site than the reg. P&O amount(after converting it). Also got cheapest, no cruise credit, can not pick room or dinner. When I asked if they had freedom dinning she said no. Also asked her if they had pre or post hotels or transfers and she said no they didn't handle that. So also looking for transfer back from Southampton to London, does the cruise ship book this? I know I saw a few companies that do privately, but didn't know if with cruise is cheaper. Sorry to ramble on, thank you for the info. and link.

7 hours ago, chismrules said:

So also looking for transfer back from Southampton to London, does the cruise ship book this? I know I saw a few companies that do privately, but didn't know if with cruise is cheaper. Sorry to ramble on, thank you for the info. and link.

If you go to the Ports of Call section of CC, then select Europe, and then British Isles,  you will  find hundreds of posts regarding ways of transferring from Southampton to London. Basically, you have three choices: train, coach or private car service.  Which one best suits you will depend on your budget, your time scale, and where exactly  in London you want to be. 

Edited by wowzz

7 hours ago, chismrules said:

Thank you, they have a different site for P&OAmerica  and the select dinning is listed as Arcadian Rhodes and The Orchid. Are they just out of date, is this what use to be on the Arcadia? They only have one company that books P&O in America and the lady that booked me didn't know much. I believe I pd. more to the American site than the reg. P&O amount(after converting it). Also got cheapest, no cruise credit, can not pick room or dinner. When I asked if they had freedom dinning she said no. Also asked her if they had pre or post hotels or transfers and she said no they didn't handle that. So also looking for transfer back from Southampton to London, does the cruise ship book this? I know I saw a few companies that do privately, but didn't know if with cruise is cheaper. Sorry to ramble on, thank you for the info. and link.

The Orchid and Arcadia Rhodes were originally the speciality restaurants in Arcadia. They are now called a Sindhu and Ocean Grill. They serve similar food to what their predecessors did and are in the same space on the ship. 
Arcadia has 2 main dining rooms. One is set dining and one is freedom dining. As you are on the saver fare, you will be allocated one of them and will not be able to choose. Hopefully you will be lucky and be allocated freedom if that is what you want. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

The Orchid and Arcadia Rhodes were originally the speciality restaurants in Arcadia. They are now called a Sindhu and Ocean Grill. They serve similar food to what their predecessors did and are in the same space on the ship. 
Arcadia has 2 main dining rooms. One is set dining and one is freedom dining. As you are on the saver fare, you will be allocated one of them and will not be able to choose. Hopefully you will be lucky and be allocated freedom if that is what you want. 

The Orchid on Arcadia was Asian Fusion not Indian. You could get the  odd curry in there but predominately Chinese cuisine .  We've had some wonderful meals in there. Devastated when they altered it. 

The most we paid was just under £70 for the two of us in The Epicurean, with cocktails and the like (Britannia). But worth it for the quality of the food: which more than satisfied my craving for proper fine dining. And Sindhu was cheaper - but fabulous.