Liberty of the Seas Condition

tcfc424

On 4/6/2021 at 10:46 AM, MN_CRUISER said:

So now more than a year later with ships not sailing, does anyone know if the scheduled Liberty 2021 refurbishment was/will be completed?

Liberty started sailing to Cadiz a couple of days ago. Don't look for any noticeable changes afterwards.

5 hours ago, MN_CRUISER said:

Thanks for the update. Just read that Liberty will undergo refurbishment at the Navantia shipyard in Cadiz starting this month and will be ready to resume its schedule this October. 

I have awful luck and supposed to be on the October 3rd sailing which is the 2nd back for liberty.  My bad luck says it won’t be back until November. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2021 at 7:53 AM, dominicr said:

I have awful luck and supposed to be on the October 3rd sailing which is the 2nd back for liberty.  My bad luck says it won’t be back until November. 

Just announced, October 3rd is now the first cruise out.

16 minutes ago, MN_CRUISER said:

Just announced, October 3rd is now the first cruise out.

Yeah I saw that the other day when they cancelled September 26th.  I’ll get my hopes up when I hear she is heading back towards galveston.  

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure what the rush was (she was doing 20+kn the whole way), but Liberty had one of the fastest TA's of any RCI ship recently and is in PE today.

The first revenue cruise is in 41 days….test cruise in 3 weeks.  Still has to make it over to galveston.   I haven’t seen anyone on here saying they are on the liberty test cruise yet.  

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure what the rush was (she was doing 20+kn the whole way), but Liberty had one of the fastest TA's of any RCI ship recently and is in PE today.

She may be showing her age a bit and doesn't have the flash of the young ships but Lady Liberty is still one of my all time faves.  First cruise was on Liberty out of Miami in 2008, I think. Or 2009. You never forget your first love. Proud of her!

1 minute ago, dominicr said:

I haven’t seen anyone on here saying they are on the liberty test cruise yet.  

RCI needs to have her listed with CDC first (not done yet), then confirm the test cruise - they'll get it done, but perhaps not on the schedule some are expecting.

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI needs to have her listed with CDC first (not done yet), then confirm the test cruise - they'll get it done, but perhaps not on the schedule some are expecting.

Is there a way to know what has been listed with the cdc?  

4 minutes ago, dominicr said:

Is there a way to know what has been listed with the cdc?  

Only what CDC likes to post on their web site (or some social media post by CEO or other RCI official):

Cruise Ship Color Status | Quarantine | CDC

Liberty should show up there soon with a "Crew Only" designation and then progress through the various steps all the way to "Restricted" status.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Only what CDC likes to post on their web site:

Cruise Ship Color Status | Quarantine | CDC

Liberty should show up there soon with a "Crew Only" designation and then progress through the various steps all the way to "Restricted" status.

Does the 14-day requirement start when she arrives in Fort Lauderdale from a foreign home port? Or did it start prior to the crossing?

Nobody on the Liberty test cruise has been notified officially as of yet. 

1 minute ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Or did it start prior to the crossing?

I think it starts whenever RCI provides the CDC the paperwork. Carnival Vista was listed on that CDC web site while still on her TA to the US.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

She may be showing her age a bit and doesn't have the flash of the young ships but Lady Liberty is still one of my all time faves.  First cruise was on Liberty out of Miami in 2008, I think. Or 2009. You never forget your first love. Proud of her!

Same here - we were on the June 21, 2008 sailing - it was amazing!  Can't wait to finally go back!

59 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Does anyone know what changes were made during the refurbishment? I assume she didn't get the total Amplification. Maybe just carpet and paint?

Acoording to RCL it was a technical dry dock. There may have been some spiffing up, but no amplification.

Edited by footzz
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2021 at 9:13 PM, mkmom514 said:

Test cruise is scheduled for September 18.

Small tweak. 
The test cruise now departs Galveston on Sept 17. 
Wife and I are on that cruise and just yesterday received our initial documentation. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Small tweak. 
The test cruise now departs Galveston on Sept 17. 
Wife and I are on that cruise and just yesterday received our initial documentation. 

heres to hoping the test sailing goes well and the boat starts revenue cruises on October 3rd

• Like 1