Elite cocktail hour?

SOUNDSGOOD!

Just now, GRBlizz said:

Of course, I've read the list. Things that are new when you reach Elite:

Priority embarkation - not a factor for us

Priority tender - no tender ports on our cruise

Debarkation lounge - that could be nice

Elegant tea - that could be nice, although I've never wanted for good food on an X cruise...

Persian Gardens - we're AQ, so already have this

Laundry benefits - OK, those are worthwhile

Discounts on wine, photos, gambling - we never buy any of those.

Again, I'm not complaining. The things I spend money on (daily glass of wine, soda and lattes, and internet) are included in the perks deal, and that is awesome. I'm not sure what else they could throw in. Maybe a lovely massage or mani-pedi. 

But seriously, I am so excited about our upcoming cruise, and with the Perks deal, expect to enjoy it even more!

Enjoy...

Just now, chemmo said:

Laundry, always useful.

Elite event (officers present) usually very nice. 

Evening cocktail time...enjoy meeting frequent cruisers like yourself, it isn’t just about free drinks.

Breakfast, try it before seeing it as not worth anything.

A backstage or galley tour is usually offered.

Frequently a helipad sail away.

That does sound nice. Thank you!

43 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Laundry, always useful.

Elite event (officers present) usually very nice. 

Evening cocktail time...enjoy meeting frequent cruisers like yourself, it isn’t just about free drinks.

Breakfast, try it before seeing it as not worth anything.

A backstage or galley tour is usually offered.

Frequently a helipad sail away.

I like the free internet minutes as well.  

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

I became Elite on my last cruise. Loved the CC HH. I was sailing solo on that cruise and met some lovely couples there one in particular who would save the seat next to them for me. We ended up doing 2 shore excursions together.  Even though I have the four perks on my upcoming cruise and have a travel companion this time, I still plan to go to the HH. You really do meet the nicest people on a cruise. 

9 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I became Elite on my last cruise. Loved the CC HH. I was sailing solo on that cruise and met some lovely couples there one in particular who would save the seat next to them for me. We ended up doing 2 shore excursions together.  Even though I have the four perks on my upcoming cruise and have a travel companion this time, I still plan to go to the HH. You really do meet the nicest people on a cruise. 

We always get the BP as one of our perks. We always have and still enjoy going to the CC HH. We paid for the perk over the years of cruising with Celebrity so why not enjoy it. Also if you don't like what is on the CC HH drink menu you can always go to the Sky Bar (M&S class ships) and order your drink of choice using your BP. Win win.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

We will be Elite for the first time on our upcoming Hawaii cruise in April.  We booked Aqua and have all 4 perks.  We don't usually book Aqua, but price difference was so small it made sense.   I didn't know there was a breakfast so will give that a try at least once.  Since we also get to eat breakfast in Blu will probably do that most days but nice to have another option 🙂   Laundry we will take advantage of for sure 🙂  We do have 2 tender ports but booked X excursions, so not sure if we will need to take advantage of this.  Also will try and drag DH to at least one of the CC HH events...sounds like a great way to meet new people!! 

• Like 2

We always take advantage of laundy since we travel with kids.

Enjoy the CC HH - but don't take advantage of it as much as we used to since - yes, we travel with our young kids.

Generally speaking - we save money because we rarely pay to add more perks.  We don't drink that much so can easily get by with the HH and free espresso drinks (yes, that one is and Elite+ perk) and the internet minutes are more than enough for us.

We do have 3 perks for our next cruise because the $$ just worked out where it made sense.  But overall I'm really happy with the CC benefits.

Mike

3 hours ago, GRBlizz said:

Again, I'm not complaining.... I'm not sure what else they could throw in. Maybe a lovely massage or mani-pedi. 

IMO it sounds like you're complaining.  Experience being a first time elite before complaining about the perks. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vectorboy said:

HH is in "The Club" although you can go anywhere for drinks, you won't get appys. Only at the "Club"

Breakfast was in the Tuscan dining room. Very few window seats unlike Solstice Class.

Thank you. Really looking forward to the Edge. Going with an open mind.  Discovering new ships is really exciting. 😄

4 hours ago, mandream said:

We always take advantage of laundy since we travel with kids.

Enjoy the CC HH - but don't take advantage of it as much as we used to since - yes, we travel with our young kids.

Generally speaking - we save money because we rarely pay to add more perks.  We don't drink that much so can easily get by with the HH and free espresso drinks (yes, that one is and Elite+ perk) and the internet minutes are more than enough for us.

We do have 3 perks for our next cruise because the $$ just worked out where it made sense.  But overall I'm really happy with the CC benefits.

Mike

I love the CC benefits and as another poster stated it's not about the free drinks but more about the camaraderie and meeting some great people. 

• Like 1