Price drop after final payment

tunafish

You may be able to get some advantages just by calling your TA or PCC or you may have to cancel your original reservation and rebook to receive the reduced rate. A decent TA will advise you whether it's worthwhile (you may lose some amenities included in your original booking or pick up better ones with the newer rate). On our last HAL booking the rate dropped a few dollars and we were able to rebook the same suite at the lower rate and received free gratuities, internet, and Signature Beverage Package while giving up a free Pinnacle dinner .

Some days the magic works.

Edited by Ka Honu

Last time that situation happened to us we were booked in an inside on the Westerdam, and the price dropped $50pp after final payment.  I called my PCC and she apologized saying she couldn't get us the price drop, but they offered me a balcony guarantee if I was willing to pay $25pp more.  For just about $7/day I thought that was a great deal to jump from an inside to a balcony and took it.

Once I got our assignment (a deep-balcony aft on deck 5) I was more than thrilled.  We haven't been back to an inside since.

I've never gotten money back but have been upgraded both times the price has dropped.  Once from inside to oceanview and once from inside to oceanview to balcony [this one dropped twice].  I've only asked when the price for the next category drops to less than or equal to what I paid for the original category though.  It's always worth asking!

• Like 2

Same for us.....

On our TA last fall on the NS, when I saw a price drop, I called our TA and each time we got bumped up a few levels levels in our balcony category.....I think we got bumped up twice.....we ended up with a spa balcony which we very much enjoyed.  

Not much of a bonus but we were pleased.  

Smooth sailing........

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Same for us.....

On our TA last fall on the NS, when I saw a price drop, I called our TA and each time we got bumped up a few levels levels in our balcony category.....I think we got bumped up twice.....we ended up with a spa balcony which we very much enjoyed.  

Not much of a bonus but we were pleased.  

Smooth sailing........

Were the price drops by HAL or an online agency such as iCruise.com? 

How far out from cruise departure did you get the upgrades?

TIA

I'm not the poster you are quoting, but here's my response:

I will be on the Oosterdam, in 3 weeks, originally booked a guaranteed interior room.  I paid for my cruise through Priceline.  I checked the web page today and saw HAL had dropped their prices so I contacted Priceline.  

I received a free upgrade to an ocean view room, going to a balcony would be $310.

The same thing happened with a cruise I booked on Norwegian.  The price dropped right before we sailed.  I had a balcony, the in-laws had an ocean view.  They asked me to call and see if they could move up.  When the TA called me back, she was able to move them, for free, to a balcony.

And then?  She asked me if I wanted a free upgrade. It was my 2nd cruise and I was perfectly content with my room so I said no thanks.  Until she told me my free upgrade would be a suite.  Obviously I said yes.

So I say, try!  All they can say is no.  You're still going either way.

• Like 1