Illnesses

sburrus4

My 5yr old and I were both diagnosed with strep this week.  Our cruise starts on Saturday.  We’ve been on antibiotics and followed up with the doc today. He said we’re not contagious any longer and wrote me a doctors letter saying so. 

Do I have anything to worry about from Royal?  I guess I just worry because I still have a random cough at times.  But the cough could stay for weeks!

• Like 1

If you mean because of the extra checks for Coronavirus you will be fine. We boarded last Monday in Dubai, no physical checks and just a couple of extra questions on the paper to do with handling animals. No temperature check but a couple of the ports have had walk by ones including today in Abu Dhabi.

4 hours ago, sburrus4 said:

My 5yr old and I were both diagnosed with strep this week.  Our cruise starts on Saturday.  We’ve been on antibiotics and followed up with the doc today. He said we’re not contagious any longer and wrote me a doctors letter saying so. 

Do I have anything to worry about from Royal?  I guess I just worry because I still have a random cough at times.  But the cough could stay for weeks!

I'm sure you are not going to be the only one on board coughing.  Seems like there are a LOT of stick folks around, non corona related

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

As long as you don't have a fever, you'll be fine.  

Don't even bring it up or show your doctor's note unless someone officially asks you about it.  Strep throat that is properly treated and responding to abx is a non-issue.

Agree. Take the max safe dose of cough syrup before heading to the port, and only show the note if asked.

Once you've been on antibiotics for 24 hours and are fever free, you're good to go.  Don't offer up the note.  A lot of people are coughing.  Heck, I had a mild case of the flu in early Jan and I still have a random cough.