Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

1 minute ago, RenoNanaOz said:

Can't wait for your review, we leave on May 16th!! Be careful with your timing at McCarran in Las Vegas. It can be a beast to get through Security at certain times of the day.

Planning on getting back two hours before my flight.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

That's China, not Mexico... Hopefully Anna Maria is still bartending at Alchemy...

No cruises for you next week? Is Scarlett something or other your next one? I've been seeing a lot of video on that one the past week. 

I see you missed my corona joke.

I don't think she is. They seem to be doing a rotation now. Last I saw she was at the Red Frog rum bar. From what I can tell the current alchemists are Zoran and Nikola with Stefanie as bar waiter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

No cruises for you next week? Is Scarlett something or other your next one? I've been seeing a lot of video on that one the past week. 

I see you missed my corona joke.

I don't think she is. They seem to be doing a rotation now. Last I saw she was at the Red Frog rum bar. From what I can tell the current alchemists are Zoran and Nikola with Stefanie as bar waiter.

No, next up for me is Virgin Voyages brand new Scarlet Lady on May 17 the... The Corona joke went right over my head... Have an awesome cruise...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

No, next up for me is Virgin Voyages brand new Scarlet Lady on May 17 the... The Corona joke went right over my head... Have an awesome cruise...

That's it Scarlet Lady. A tip...If you have a hard time finding your light switch...look in the closet.

• Like 2

Following along!  I love St. Greg's reviews and since I am sailing on the Panorama this April am even more excited to see this one!

For PV you won't need a tour bus.  Just hop in a cab or take the city bus to the Malecon.  Lots of shops, restaurants and sights all with an ocean view.  The malecon has sculptures from various Mexican artists (one from one of my favorites - Sergio Bustamante).  If you keep heading south on the malecon you will come across a cathedral and then can go across the river and into old town.  

We always try to have lunch at PIpis - awesome guacamole and margaritas - which is about two blocks up from the ocean at the northern end of the malecon.  The one thing I love about Mexico is that you can order a margarita to go!  Was there in November and after lunch ordered a peach margarita to go and enjoyed it while sitting under a shady tree on the waterfront while the others went shopping.

Enjoy your trip and report accordingly!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, figmentfreak said:

And be sure to be prepared for LAXit if you're using Uber/Lift.  I booked a private car for my upcoming LA trip since they can pick up at the terminal.

Are you using primetime? I'm guessing through experience you know what time to book the car for? My flight is scheduled to get in at 2:29 but I can't tell you what time I'll be off the plane with my luggage ready for a car. What about flight delays?

Edited by Saint Greg

On 2/23/2020 at 11:50 AM, Saint Greg said:

There’s a rumor circulating that, at least on Panorama, they don’t have plastic bottles of water at the bar anymore. What is being said is they have canned water at the bar and you have to order plastic bottles through the fun shop. 

I will of course verify this on Saturday. The picture I’ve seen seems that the alleged canned water is some Italian spring water which seems to me like it may be more expensive. 

If true I’m guessing it’s a recycling thing. I don’t think I’ve had water out of a can but I’m willing

to try it. I don’t think the container my water

is in would bother me. I only drink it to rehydrate and I just want it to be something other than ship water. I do prefer spring over purified.

It is a recycling thing.  California is banning single use plastic bottles under a certain size.  Unfortunately the water offered from the fun shop is purified not spring. 😞

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I broke out the suitcases last night. I’m going with the small one again. I was able to move some things I’m not going to use this trip like water shoes from the small one to the big one.

I think I’m about packed except for my shirts which I try to pack at the last minute in a futile attempt to get them less wrinkled. Every time I do that I’m reminded of the time I forgot to pack them. One thing you don’t want a porter to do is lift your bag up and down repeatedly and say “that’s it?”

I do also have this on the way. I’m going to need to find room for it. I prefer a spray over the wipes but I couldn’t find it in an aerosol can and I didn’t want to risk the plastic bottle leaking in my suitcase. I hope 95 wipes are enough. I prefer being able to spray as much as I want. 

8F77EF03-90FD-46FE-BA79-ED176A6FBCD5.jpeg

You might want to pack the water shoes.  The beaches especially in Cabo are a little rocky.

14 minutes ago, deevmo said:

It is a recycling thing.  California is banning single use plastic bottles under a certain size.  Unfortunately the water offered from the fun shop is purified not spring. 😞

on Magic they had Crystal Geyser spring water in December. Panorama doesn’t have that In the fun shop? 

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

on Magic they had Crystal Geyser spring water in December. Panorama doesn’t have that In the fun shop? 

I'm sorry you are right it is Crystal Geyser.  I was disappointed by it because of them leaking arsenic into a pond and then taking it to a water treatment plant without telling them what was in it.

On 2/22/2020 at 2:31 PM, Saint Greg said:

I did a lot of research on the history of this carnival port. I found this to be the best video as far as a lot of information in a short amount of time.

In 1988 DH and I went to San Diego to visit BIL, who was in the Navy. I told DH that the one thing I wanted to do was to drive up to Long Beach to see the Queen Mary. We took a day of our trip to do that (BIL warned us to wait until after rush hour to leave San Diego and be on the road back by 3:00). We bought tickets to see both QM and the Spruce Goose. It was impressive.

Edited by nybumpkin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Are you using primetime? I'm guessing through experience you know what time to book the car for? My flight is scheduled to get in at 2:29 but I can't tell you what time I'll be off the plane with my luggage ready for a car. What about flight delays?

Yes, using PrimeTime.  They monitor your flight, so they’ll know if you’re early/late.  First time using PrimeTime, but If they’re like other car services I’ve used they’ll be waiting just before or at luggage carousel area so if you already have luggage you go directly to car and if not you go to luggage carousel. 

5 minutes ago, Desertcactus said:

I remember reading that it was illegal to drink/have alcohol on the street in Mexico

Yup!  Those margaritas to go after lunch are awesome!  i liked sitting and drinking and people watching while the rest of the crew goes shopping.

1 hour ago, figmentfreak said:

Yes, using PrimeTime.  They monitor your flight, so they’ll know if you’re early/late.  First time using PrimeTime, but If they’re like other car services I’ve used they’ll be waiting just before or at luggage carousel area so if you already have luggage you go directly to car and if not you go to luggage carousel. 

I may consider that. I was looking at it on a computer earlier and it looked like they asked for a pickup time and no flight info. Looking at it on my phone it’s asking for flight arrival time and flight number and all that. 

Looks like an extra $25-30 vs. uber/lyft but might be worth it rather than waiting on the laxit shuttle then waiting with god knows how many people for an uber/lyft.

Will he wear a fancy hat and hold up a sign with my name on it?

Edited by Saint Greg