Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

This was an amazing read for about 11 days. Thanks for sharing your journey. I look forward to your August cruise. Our next booked cruise will be on the Breeze doing this exact itinerary so I will be interested in seeing your thoughts. This , in my opinion is one of the better itineraries Carnival sails. Thanks again Greg.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

But do they have Levi’s? I mean the Mexican Walmart has clothes I can actually wear.

It's just like a Walmart....they have just about anything you need or want.  And the prices are crazy good!  They have an escalator that you take your grocery cart up to the 2nd floor.  

Glad to see you made it home.  We stayed over a day in Houston and got home yesterday.  I'm exhausted today.  Been like a zombie!?!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 1:55 PM, Saint Greg said:

Burger was just like krystal. It’s been so long since I’ve had a krystal chick I don’t remember if the chicken was the same. Crinkle fries were different.

I live in Fort Worth now, CA in the military for about 11 of my 21 years.  I always get animal style at my Fort Worth one and its never been an issue.  yummm-o

• Like 1

Several times during your review, you said the time 10 pm, but back home it's midnight.

• Did you ever make the adjustment?
  • I noticed during review many times you were awake very early, 5am-7am. Was that mainly because of not adjusting to time change? Or are you commonly up that early?

1 hour ago, five. said:

Several times during your review, you said the time 10 pm, but back home it's midnight.

• Did you ever make the adjustment?
  • I noticed during review many times you were awake very early, 5am-7am. Was that mainly because of not adjusting to time change? Or are you commonly up that early?

Moving back two hours is definitely an adjustment. At home I would normally be going to sleep 10-11pm which is 8-9pm on the west coast. 5-7 is a normal time for me to be up. I believe it was after Cabo we went forward an hour then after PV I believe it was we went back an hour again. Then we sprung forward on Sunday. Not a fan of all of the time bouncing around.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 11:11 PM, Saint Greg said:

Best drink I’ve had on the ship. This is a cocunut tasting drink from Nikola 

644188D0-FC86-4BFF-9382-2F743B749EF2.jpeg

Now that I can upload videos. This is Nikola making this 4343 drink in case anyone wants to get a alchemist to recreate it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grima625 said:

Another great review Greg!  I believe you said that you were at a B-1 base, right?  I was at Ellsworth AFB in SD for a few years. Loved watching them fly. 

Dyess in Abilene for me.

Edited by Saint Greg

2 hours ago, grima625 said:

Another great review Greg!  I believe you said that you were at a B-1 base, right?  I was at Ellsworth AFB in SD for a few years. Loved watching them fly. 

I do have an Ellsworth story though. I went to Ellsworth only once for a JDISS class. It was four of us and we had one rental car to share.

I thought for sure we were going to see Mount Rushmore while we were there...but we didn’t. The last night I said “This may be the only time I’m ever in South Dakota. I’m going to see Mount Rushmore.” I grabbed the car keys and took off.

I had heard it was about 45 minutes up the interstate. I was driving for over an hour...nothing. I stop at a gas station and ask if I’m close to Mount Rushmore. The guy says “You sure are. Just get on the interstate and you’ll be there in less than two hours.” 

I was going the wrong way. But I did eventually make it.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I was scanning rather quickly through your great photos in LA and wondering if most/all were from the hop on/off bus. Grandson (18) wants to see Santa Monica after graduation and I was wondering the best way to tour. Do you have a link/name for their info? Would like to find out stop locations to find a close hotel.

6 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

I was scanning rather quickly through your great photos in LA and wondering if most/all were from the hop on/off bus. Grandson (18) wants to see Santa Monica after graduation and I was wondering the best way to tour. Do you have a link/name for their info? Would like to find out stop locations to find a close hotel.

All of them were from the bus except in Santa Monica. There is a Santa Monica route but it was closed that day due to a marathon. This is the one I used which has the most routes and stops

https://www.starlinetours.com/en/hop-on-hop-off-double-decker?gclid=CjwKCAjwmKLzBRBeEiwACCVihpgNh1QjA0IrFKTTwFRKBfvkYiEqIJWX4tuvEaVHzy__iJBiuF2ptRoCTPIQAvD_BwE

Here is the route map.

https://www.starlinetours.com/en/hop-on-hop-off-map

The other option is the big bus which has less routes and less stops but you can get a bit cheaper. I even found it on Groupon.

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/los-angeles/los-angeles-bus-tours/?gclid=CjwKCAjwmKLzBRBeEiwACCVihsp7PkLpp97BQq5f78eQcTsBnIcHEKeeXOBoB3CYRGd6V6l4ikPdexoCnxQQAvD_BwE

www.groupon.com/amp/deals/big-bus-la

Really if you can get it...that area I was in was perfect for the Starline. Their bus routes were starting between the El

Capitan and Dolby theaters. There was always a bus there waiting to leave or one pulling up.

if had a question there was a person selling Starline tours on every block. And their main office is in that shopping center you could see out my hotel room window.

• Like 1

Fantastic review.  I am living vicariously through reviews until our Feb 2021 cruise.  I read all of your past reviews before our first cruise in Feb 2020.  It provided me with so much valuable information I wouldn't have know being a newbie.  Thank you for all the effort you put in!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Now that I can upload videos. This is Nikola making this 4343 drink in case anyone wants to get a alchemist to recreate it.

Did you catch what's in it by chance?

27 minutes ago, peteandpris said:

Great review can't wait till Aug. review. We are going on the Breeze out of Port Canaveral Sept.5 and Sept. 12, Back to Back. Thank you.

Thanks. That's great timing. Sounds like you'll be boarding on my last day.

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I did not. But I did take the video so maybe someone else could decipher what was in it.

Based on the bottles I'd guess Malibu, infused vodka (strawberry/raspberry), grenadine, ???,  lemon juice, orange or pineapple juice.  Can't tell what the second bottle in the back area after grenadine was.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

Based on the bottles I'd guess Malibu, infused vodka (strawberry/raspberry), grenadine, ???,  lemon juice, orange or pineapple juice.  Can't tell what the second bottle in the back area after grenadine was.  

Could it be coconut? I really thought it tasted like coconut.

• Like 1

I'd also like to throw out there I'm a big fan of the Spirit exit row aisle seat upgrade. I don't know if it was just luck or if it's common but all three of my flights we only had two people on my row and two people across the aisle. The flights were so comfortable that way. On the way back at the kiosk they offered me a $19 upgrade to a big front seat. I really thought about taking it since it was one direct flight...but it didn't specify aisle seat. Maybe the next screen would've told me the seat. I just stayed with my exit row aisle and I'm glad I did. I'm going to miss it next time since Spirit doesn't fly into Miami. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1