Internet access restricted to one device?

IPB4IGO

There was a thread a few months ago suggesting that HAL was changing its Internet plan so that only one device on an account can access the Internet for the entire cruise.

Not one device at a time, but one device, period. In other words, tying the account to the MAC address of whatever device initially signed up for the plan. No more "please log off so I can log on" switching between users on the same account.

Has there been any indication that this is actually happening? (I might have an excuse to replace my old travel router with one that had a MAC cloning feature if it's true.)

I'm booked on the Koningsdam for an Alaskan cruise in June. The premier internet package was offered as part of the Explorer 4 promotion. My understanding is that more than one device can be used at a time, without logging off.

On 2/23/2020 at 9:21 PM, boze9999 said:

Agreed - Just got off the NS and switched between phone and computer with no problem by logging out. Each device actually prompted you to log out out of your other device in order to log into your new device. 

The difference between my recent Koningsdam cruise and my sailing on the Volendam in November is that this time when logging in and changing device, it asked me if I wanted to add another device in addition to whether I wanted to log out of the other one. If they are trying to sell multi-device plans, that explains the (in my view, justified) crackdown on travel routers.

12 hours ago, Kfrech said:

I'm booked on the Koningsdam for an Alaskan cruise in June. The premier internet package was offered as part of the Explorer 4 promotion. My understanding is that more than one device can be used at a time, without logging off.

~My understanding is that the premier internet package that is part of Explore 4 is for 2 pax so therefore two devices can be online at the same time.

Edited by VMax1700