Was Loyal

SPNJHockey

On 2/27/2020 at 9:29 AM, NLH Arizona said:

Have you tried escalating the issue.  There has been, over the years, that posters were able to have NCL listen to the taped conversations, NCL tapes all conversations, with customer service and they abided by the misinformation that was given.

I haven't yet.  But since I found out today that my claim with Insurance has been denied (no surprise there), This is my next option.  Thanks for bringing that up!😁

On 2/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, SPNJHockey said:

We WERE loyal NCL-Haven customers until today.  At every turn, including "personal concierge," mis-information was conveyed by NCL employees.

When I called to cancel, our personal little helper advised that we'd be out 25%.  I can swallow a 25% loss to schedule a surgery. 

Find out today that it's NOT a 25% loss, but a 50% loss of $10k cruise vacation.  If I knew initially that I'd be out $5k, I would have forced myself onto vacation, and scheduled surgery for AFTER the cruise.

#NeverAgainNCL.

Looking at the fee schedule it only takes one day to go from 25 to 50% Did you cross that line between when you spoke to the rep and actually canceled the cruise?

On 2/24/2020 at 3:15 PM, SPNJHockey said:

We WERE loyal NCL-Haven customers until today.  At every turn, including "personal concierge," mis-information was conveyed by NCL employees.

So tell us about all the other "every turn" where you received misinformation.   Or was it really just one person told you something that was wrong?

And how many days out were you when you cancelled?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SPNJHockey said:

Yes, I agreed to the terms.  Even if I knew that a copy of the insurance policy was available, I would not have read it.  And THAT'S what NCL and the Insurance people bet on.  I was denied today.  When I located the policy, I read it. 

And, THEY GOT ME..."pre-existing conditions."  NCL's policy of "cancel for any reason" and the mere existence of travel insurance are all smoke and mirrors.  😞

Were the "pre-existing conditions" in effect when you BOOKED the cruise? Look at the BOOKING DATE in your Confirmation Invoice. 

If not, you should be able to claim.

We had to cancel a cruise last Aug when I developed a severe medical condition and fortunately the Booking Date was the key as I hadn't had it before the booking date. I did have it twice after and this was the 3rd occurrence. We were able to get full refund minus the insurance.

Now this condition is pre-existing to future bookings but I have been able to keep it at bay and have recently returned from an exhausting cruise that I went thru with flying colours.

7 hours ago, SPNJHockey said:

Yes, I agreed to the terms.  Even if I knew that a copy of the insurance policy was available, I would not have read it.  And THAT'S what NCL and the Insurance people bet on.  I was denied today.  When I located the policy, I read it. 

And, THEY GOT ME..."pre-existing conditions."  NCL's policy of "cancel for any reason" and the mere existence of travel insurance are all smoke and mirrors.  😞

Once you are denied by the insurance company, you submit that to NCL For your 75% future cruise credit. (If you purchased NCL insurance). 

On 2/24/2020 at 2:15 PM, SPNJHockey said:

When I called to cancel, our personal little helper advised that we'd be out 25%.  I can swallow a 25% loss to schedule a surgery. 

Find out today that it's NOT a 25% loss, but a 50% loss of $10k cruise vacation.  If I knew initially that I'd be out $5k, I would have forced myself onto vacation, and scheduled surgery for AFTER the cruise.

#NeverAgainNCL.

Your post turned me off when you referred to a NCL employee as a “little helper”.   With that,I’m sure you are a joy from the get go.  

• Like 2

Trying to wrap my head around what exactly has happened here.  In summation, OP scheduled an NCL cruise.  It was expensive.  Then, they scheduled surgery around the same time as the cruise.  OP wanted to cancel, but can only do so if they pay a penalty according to their insurance.

OP has sailed Haven and NCL several times.

OP is upset that they can't cancel without the penalty, but doesn't want to move their surgery, either.

Does that sum it up?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ray98 said:

I assume NCL, like many other companies, lose no sleep when a certain type of customer will 'never be back'.

Sorta like how many readers of those statements not only lose no sleep but think "good riddance"?

"Even if I knew that a copy of the insurance policy was available, I would not have read it."

"When I located the policy, I read it. And, THEY GOT ME..."pre-existing conditions." 

Not talking as a cruiser but as a ex London Underwriter what more can be said?

Matter of interest and for most, common sense, "Pre-existing" is a very normal standard exclusion

As with ANY insurance policy READ IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT!

• Like 1