Specialty Dining Issue

Bellanina

New to Oceania!  Tried several times to  pre-book specialty dining online through management option- received errors and/or messages that booking online is not yet open for us. We were told we can book 60 days out from cruise date. I'm wondering if it's a time zone issue.  Is Oceania USA Eastern Standard Time? Or may it be that we need to reserve specialty dining through our TA?

Thanks!

Specialty reservation bookings open at midnight (or just after) EST on the day your category is allowed to make a booking.

If despite this you are having trouble, call Oceania (not your TA) the next day to book your reservations

What is specialty dining? How expensive is it? Do they reserve you some special seats with an ocean view or something? Last time I ordered a special dining We were just put in the same common area with all the other people. I didnt get all this “special service”...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Roger88 said:

What is specialty dining? How expensive is it? Do they reserve you some special seats with an ocean view or something? Last time I ordered a special dining We were just put in the same common area with all the other people. I didnt get all this “special service”...

Are you referring to Oceania!

15 minutes ago, Bellanina said:

My reference was about options to reserve  in the specialty restaurants ahead of time online.  But any dining while  on vacation is special!  

In the interest of "teaching a man to fish" rather than supplying answers blindly, I will provide these Specialty Restaurant guidelines:

Making Specialty Restaurant Reservations:

In order to Reserve Online, the Booking must be paid in full.
-The Online Dining Reservation System closes out at 7 days prior to each sailing's embarkation date.

For All Vessels:
-Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations at 90 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Penthouse Suites may make reservations at 75 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations at 60 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations at 45 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Oceania is located in Miami, Florida, so all dates and times, for setting up Reservations, are those applicable on the Eastern Seaboard of the United States.

Edited by StanandJim
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Roger88 said:

On which cruise line/ship did you have this experience?

40 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

In the interest of "teaching a man to fish" rather than supplying answers blindly, I will provide these Specialty Restaurant guidelines:

Making Specialty Restaurant Reservations:

In order to Reserve Online, the Booking must be paid in full.
-The Online Dining Reservation System closes out at 7 days prior to each sailing's embarkation date.

For All Vessels:
-Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations at 90 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Penthouse Suites may make reservations at 75 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations at 60 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations at 45 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Oceania is located in Miami, Florida, so all dates and times, for setting up Reservations, are those applicable on the Eastern Seaboard of the United States.

Been printed here a gadzillion times. Do NOT log into your account until at least 12:01 Eastern time. Logging in early and waiting = Failure.

Now it’s been printed a gadzillion and 1 times! 🤪

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thank you again everyone!  

At least we are one hour ahead of Eastern Time.  Assuming that the Daylight Savings Time change doesn’t throw it off by an hour.  So whenever the time is 12:00 in Miami. 

Does your State not  change to DST?