EZ-Air price drop

MixerDave

I have been re-faring our (Virgin Australia cattle class) Sacramento, California to Melbourne, Australia flights for a while now. Originally our cruises were linked and I couldn't book round trip fare. I had them un-linked and was able to save by booking round trip rather than two discrete flights. Since then I have re-fared two more times. Between switching to round trip faring and then re-faring those flights I am now at $1,237 less than our original flights. I will keep checking for further drops. (Today the flights are higher again.)

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have been re-faring our (Virgin Australia cattle class) Sacramento, California to Melbourne, Australia flights for a while now. Originally our cruises were linked and I couldn't book round trip fare. I had them un-linked and was able to save by booking round trip rather than two discrete flights. Since then I have re-fared two more times. Between switching to round trip faring and then re-faring those flights I am now at $1,237 less than our original flights. I will keep checking for further drops. (Today the flights are higher again.)

Are there any cons for un-linking your cruises? Does it affect any of the perks? I have two back-to-back cruises linked for Australia and had to book two one-way flights. I'm sure it would be cheaper if I was able to do it round-trip.

2 hours ago, United_11 said:

Are there any cons for un-linking your cruises? Does it affect any of the perks? I have two back-to-back cruises linked for Australia and had to book two one-way flights. I'm sure it would be cheaper if I was able to do it round-trip.

That's exactly the reason I removed the link. We have 3 cruises all in the same stateroom and I originally had them linked in the hope it would keep Princess from doing something stupid like "upgrading" us to a different cabin for one of the legs. (I have a Caribe balcony in the aft portion of the ship and I don't want a different cabin - especially since I don't want to move back and forth.) Unlinking the cruises let me book round trip flights using the first leg of the trip. It was definitely cheaper that way. The initial flight is a bit before the first cruise and the return flight lets you put in whatever date you like so I made if for the day the third leg of the trip ends. There is no change of perks or anything else. I just keep checking my bookings every day to make sure Princess doesn't mess with my cabin selection.

11 hours ago, MixerDave said:

Just checked my flights Miami top London - 8/17 with return 9/1.  I had what I considered a great fare of $359 p/p.  Just re-booked for $299 p/p.

I don't understand this .... not complaining just confused.  My NS from SFO - Copenhagen & JFK - SFO with assigned seating in 1st 20 rows was 770. It's now 589 and I've done nothing. It just dropped almost 200! Thank you Princess!!

8 hours ago, racj846 said:

EZAir does not usually just drop the price.  If you have seen your flights at a lower price have you re-booked at that price?

I check our flights a few times daily. If I see a price drop or a better itinerary i call princess & have them make the changes. 3 weeks ago i found a better itinerary at a better price for our November cruise. Saved $11 pp.  

Edited by 1965

8 hours ago, racj846 said:

EZAir does not usually just drop the price.  If you have seen your flights at a lower price have you re-booked at that price?

That's why I'm confused. I called to see if my cruise dropped (it's lower by $14) but did not ask about the flight. It's just lower. did not refare it. 

Added: didn't refare either flight or cruise (solo)

Edited by Ombud

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That's why I'm confused. I called to see if my cruise dropped (it's lower by $14) but did not ask about the flight. It's just lower. did not refare it. 

That's great! I don't remember that ever happening. Btw, I misspoke in my original post, which I've corrected. I saved $11 pp on our flights. I saved $50 pp on our cruise a few days ago.