Stock OBC - email?

beachbum6264

1 minute ago, beachbum6264 said:

Is there an email for requesting the OBC for stockholders? 

I've found fax and snail mail address but no email. Thanks for any info.

Not that I have seen.

Fax for me and it usually shows within a few hours.

4 hours ago, antsp said:

In the U.K. you can email, in Australia you can email. Time to get with it USA

It's a liability thing.  Email is intrisically insecure.  It may be rare for the average person, but the corporate bean counters don't want any legal entanglements....so fax or snail mail is it.

This is for the US....non-US shareholders may have a different experience.

• Like 1

In the US one must either fax the information or snail mail it to Princess.  For those that use a free online fax service, they keep copies of all the fax information.  If you have your own fax machine, then the only copy is in your custody.  Personally I prefer the ancient method of snail mail.  It is slow but chances of it being compromised is extremely low and I can wait for it be posted. 

I always take mine to my credit union and they fax it for me free and give me back my originals. You might check your bank or credit union to see if they offer this service.  FYI when we first started getting the shareholder OBC we could email the request, but a few years ago that was stopped.

1 hour ago, thinfool said:

It's a liability thing.  Email is intrisically insecure.  It may be rare for the average person, but the corporate bean counters don't want any legal entanglements....so fax or snail mail is it.

We've had to fax more than once for the same cruise. So, even that is unreliable. 

3 hours ago, thinfool said:

If you hide the account number what’s the issue. Email is used for everything else with Princess, I wonder if it’s to reduce the number of applications

If you haven't received a response to your fax, Princess can and will locate your fax by the date and time sent.   I've had this happen twice before cruises, and having this information from my own printer/fax machine allowed them to immediately find the submission and process it.

9 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

I always take mine to my credit union and they fax it for me free and give me back my originals. You might check your bank or credit union to see if they offer this service.  FYI when we first started getting the shareholder OBC we could email the request, but a few years ago that was stopped.

That's very good to know, I would never had thought of going to my bank or credit union for this.  Next time I will stop by and see if they can fax the request.  I've been snail mailing it over the years.

Jackie