Baby sitting

hammo

I've searched to no avail so maybe I need Jim 

We  have a family cruise planned  - 7 cabins and have little children included . 1x5 1x4 and they can have fun in the Kids Club for sure . I think the hours available have changed ? Perhaps the conumdrum lies with the 2 others who will be under 3 so do not qualify - so can anyone tell us if there are babysitting services available , and the hours . Not concerned about the charge , just the availabilty.-  I read somewhere that this has changed now on Celebrity and nolonger available which would be a deal breaker for us . 

Any advice would be most  appreciated.

I did a search on X's site and found this... some of the conditions have definitely changed. 

On Celebrity Cruises, children who are three or older and potty-trained can be checked into the kids club. If your child is under two you can take advantage of toddler time. Toddler time sessions are available during select times each day.

Toddler time gives you and your little one access to a fun playroom with lots of toys and books and crayons for coloring. The biggest difference between toddler time and the kids club is that a parent or guardian must stay with the child during toddler time.

You can also checkout toys and books from the toddler time room to bring back to your stateroom.

If you are a Suite Class guest and would like some away time from your precious offspring for a date night on the ship or a relaxing massage in the spa, you can arrange for an in-room babysitter who can sit with your children while they sleep or keep them entertained if they’re awake. This baby-sitting service is only available for guests staying in one of our luxurious suites. 

• Like 1

Another option is to bring along someone to watch the littles. I have a friend who did that. She went and took care of the kids, mostly at night and a few hours during the day when the parents went on excursions. She had several hours a day where she was free to do what she wanted and the parents had their evenings out. I'm pretty sure they booked her in her own cabin with the oldest child (for booking purposes). 

• Like 2

I think bringing along a teen relative,  or mommy's helper was a great suggestion, esp if babysitting rules or hrs  or costs are too restrictive.  

If we get to cruise with  our dtr and sil and  2 grandsons..(one is brand new!).... guaranteed we'd do  all the babysitting..No issue for us as we turn in early and older guy loves sleeping over with us.! 

• Like 1

MEcruzer posted what appears to be the current status. Two years ago, we had our toddler granddaughter and two ladies from the kid program babysat. Not bad at all. But you might doublecheck on the suites-only. I think its probably because Celebrity ran out of babysitters on cruises so they tighten it up, but might change again. 

OP, it’s unbelievable what responses you get from these anonymous forums isn’t it. 

Den

• Like 1

Found an Article about babysitters here on Cruise Critic - Not sure how up to date it is, but recall that you use to be able to contact housekeeping Director and housekeepers who volunteer may be available to hire for babysitting.

CruiseCruitcs Senior Editor

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3441

Also in FAQ - Pre-Cruise  on Celebrity Website

Q.

What are the age requirements for Celebrity Cruises onboard baby-sitting services?

A.

Group Babysitting (Youth Program):

For a nominal fee of $6.00 per hour per child, children participating in the Celebrity Youth Program, ages 3-12 years old, can participate in the Afternoon Party from 12 noon-2PM on port days and/or the evening Slumber Party from 10PM-1AM daily. Children participating in the Celebrity Youth Program Afternoon and Slumber Parties must be a minimum age of 3 years old and completely toilet trained (diaper/pull-up free). Celebrity Youth Program Afternoon and Slumber Parties are available on all Celebrity ships year-round (except Celebrity FloraSM & Celebrity Xpedition®).

In-Suite Babysitting (Services):

In-Suite babysitting is available upon request for Suite Guests only. For a nominal fee of $30.00 per hour for up to three children within the same family, parents can arrange for a private, babysitter. Two sitters will be assigned per In-Suite. Children must be twelve months old or older to be eligible for In-Suite sitting. Babysitting services are available through Camp at Sea, Guest Relations, Retreat Lounge and with the Butlers onboard all Celebrity ships (except Celebrity FloraSM & Celebrity Xpedition®). Parents are asked to make all private, babysitting requests 24 hours in advance. Private, babysitting is subject to personnel availability

Q.

Is In-Suite Baby-Sitting Available on Port Days?

A.

Yes, If In-Suite babysitting is being requested on a port day, one (1) parent / legal guardian is required to be on board the vessel while the child is under the supervision of a babysitter.