Cannot select "Select Own Room" HAL website new booking

SFO Peter

I cannot select own room choice when booking on HAL website.    This has been happening for at least a couple months.   I am using Safari.  I have also tried Chrome and IPad.   A wheel comes on and just spins.   Nothing doing.   I typically look at room availability and prices before working with my TA so I find this very inconvenient.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

5 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

I cannot select own room choice when booking on HAL website.    This has been happening for at least a couple months.   I am using Safari.  I have also tried Chrome and IPad.   A wheel comes on and just spins.   Nothing doing.   I typically look at room availability and prices before working with my TA so I find this very inconvenient.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

I never use wonky cruise line websites to book.  I use the travel department of my big box warehouse club.  It let's me search for any particular cabin by number.  Easy Beezy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

I never use wonky cruise line websites to book.  I use the travel department of my big box warehouse club.  It let's me search for any particular cabin by number.  Easy Beezy.

====

yes I use the "club" as well for looking at specific cabin availability and pricing but there is a HAL promotion going that the club does not seem to have.  thanks for responding.

Peter

47 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

====

yes I use the "club" as well for looking at specific cabin availability and pricing but there is a HAL promotion going that the club does not seem to have.  thanks for responding.

Peter

I've run into that from time to time.  When that happens, I find what available cabin I want and call the big box.  They can call the cruise company and they'll do the booking and get the promotion applied.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I do mock bookings all the time to get an idea of basic prices and availability.  The past couple of weeks I have been getting the Wheel of Death a lot, and there is lots of availability on each sailing.  I've managed to get around this somewhat by trying different cabin categories, one by one, until I find one that will let me into the area of the website where I would pick a cabin...  Then I change the cabin category there.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I currently have 3 cruises booked and so looking for possible price drops and self upgrades has been difficult, to say the least.  I'm obsessed - I do this every day!  Sometimes I have to log in and out a few times.  Sometimes I have to close my browser and open it again.  I go back and forth between browsers.  It takes a lot more time than usual these days.

Edited by Taters
  • Like 1

I've had this issue as well, although if I don't log into my account, I can get along a little farther into the site to where I can select a particular cabin.  At that point, the dreaded Blue Circle Of Death appears and I'm hung up forever.   I've tried different browsers, cleared my cache and history, rebooted my machine, all to no avail.  I finally emailed my TA to see what she could find out for updated pricing on our already booked cruise.  It's frustrating, because I don't want to have to call her every time I want to check to see if there's been a price drop.   I did submit a "Feedback" to the site, but am not sure it will do any good.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Edited by ger_77

I’ve tried everything for the last 2 days, tried phone, IPad, computer, various browsers, cleared cookies etc nothing worked I can get to pricing but cannot pick my cabins, always the dreaded blue circle of death......  annoying...

I had something slightly different occur last week when the big box store website wouldn't let me select a signature suite for a cruise next year.  It had links for every other cabin type but no SS.  I knew they were available from the HAL website and ultimately had to call the TA to book the SS cabin.

7 hours ago, I like vacation said:

I had something slightly different occur last week when the big box store website wouldn't let me select a signature suite for a cruise next year.  It had links for every other cabin type but no SS.  I knew they were available from the HAL website and ultimately had to call the TA to book the SS cabin.

When that happens, try searching for the cabin number that you want.  I've found that helps.

2 hours ago, SFO PETER said:

Firefox did not work either for select own cabin.   Also tried Signature Suite to see if would work.  Did not work.

Peter

I've been having trouble searching using Firefox this morning.  Worked the other day!

another cruise line that started the whole Freestyle movement, well I tried booking a particular deck and for 10-12 weeks of testing various dates, I came to the conclusion that they want folks to book a certain deck first and then they open up the next deck.

I called and had the agent get me the deck I wanted.  I told her and entire 3 month group of trips had nothing at all on a certain deck.  When I saw the same 15 rooms available week after week I knew something was a miss.

so just CALL and get someone to help and give up on the web.